• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
171287974_919888502178833_1617165486017669359_n.png
Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Laughter-During-Zoom.gif

Layth

Oct 27, 2017
Ramadan mubarak!

The hardest part for me is missing coffee for my caffeine fix, especially in the morning. Luckily I can go cold turkey and not get a headache.

ss1

Oct 27, 2017
Ramadan Mubarak!

Already absent-mindedly ate a banana after a long meeting 😔. Was about to make a Tuna sandwich before realising what I had done.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ramadan Mubarak!

Already absent-mindedly ate a banana after a long meeting 😔. Was about to make a Tuna sandwich before realising what I had done.
That's fine as long as you completely forgot about fasting. But yeah, people tend to forget about fasting in the first few days of Ramadan, especially if you're in a non-fasting environment.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ramadan Mubarak. It would be a real shame if someone mistakenly dropped some water in my mouth without me realizing it

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I unfortunately had to break my fast due to bad fever as a side effect of 1st vaccine dose....blah. feelsbadman. Had to take motrin to get it under control.

Mar 3, 2018
So can someone educate me when it comes to taking medicine? I have to take two pills daily at specific times. I'll admit; I can deal with taking the pills having not eaten, but swallowing them without water is hard. I guess taking the pills should be ok by themselves but even a tea spoon of water to wash it down is a no no?

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
So can someone educate me when it comes to taking medicine? I have to take two pills daily at specific times. I'll admit; I can deal with taking the pills having not eaten, but swallowing them without water is hard. I guess taking the pills should be ok by themselves but even a tea spoon of water to wash it down is a no no?
Medicine you swallow breaks the fast. You can pay to feed the hungry for this Ramadan instead of fasting.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ramadan mubarak! It seems I am never quite ready for it, always end sup sneaking up on me, especially this year of all years.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone doing virtual taraweeh? You can follow along at home, right? I know East London mosque does their prayers live and wondering if they're doing taraweeh.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone doing virtual taraweeh? You can follow along at home, right? I know East London mosque does their prayers live and wondering if they're doing taraweeh.

Difference of opinions on it, but usually virtual following is not allowed or advised for numerous reasons; of delay, mistakes, transmission issues, time differences and fundamentally, you aren't physically congregating as it _should_ be. There's a decent argument against it from Mufti Menk I recall seeing a while ago.

Hold your congregation with the household members if you can, that's the safest option if you can't make taraweeh at the mosque.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Difference of opinions on it, but usually virtual following is not allowed or advised for numerous reasons; of delay, mistakes, transmission issues, time differences and fundamentally, you aren't physically congregating as it _should_ be. There's a decent argument against it from Mufti Menk I recall seeing a while ago.

Hold your congregation with the household members if you can, that's the safest option if you can't make taraweeh at the mosque.
I was wondering how does congregation in household work, like wouldn't someone in the house need to basically do it all with surahs or can another imam's taraweeh be used live and the congregation in house is following along?

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta

Yeah. A local mosque in my area last ramadan said that you are not suppose to follow them when they are praying but you can listen to their lectures.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
First day went well. Unfortunately we had a pet emergency and I was running around all day so the adrenaline helped me get over the hump. After we got confirmation our cat was safe and healthy and brought him back from the vet, the exhaustion and everything caught up all at once and I definitely crashed for a bit before iftar.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
I was wondering how does congregation in household work, like wouldn't someone in the house need to basically do it all with surahs or can another imam's taraweeh be used live and the congregation in house is following along?
The vast majority of tawareeh prayer is similar to an ordinary prayer but there is typically an extra two rakah's that they pray after they complete the tawareeh prayer where they read some of the beginning Surah. I suggest your family listen to the Iman when he is talking but to pray on your own

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The vast majority of tawareeh prayer is similar to an ordinary prayer but there is typically an extra two rakah's that they pray after they complete the tawareeh prayer where they read some of the beginning Surah. I suggest your family listen to the Iman when he is talking but to pray on your own
Thanks, that's helpful!

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017

Same as you would any other prayer, in that it's a separate congregation led by an individual. If they are a hafiz, that's great as then they can recite Quran like many mosques do, but if not, they can just recite what is known. The intention of taraweeh is still there. You can do taraweeh on your own as well. Due to the pandemic, my local mosque won't be reciting the Quran this year and will just do short surahs and much, much smaller congregation (last year there was no public taraweeh at all).

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
My girlfriend is fasting and is getting some dehydration headaches in the afternoon. Is there anything she can do to offset this, (besides just drinking more water when she's able)?

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Day 2 y'all...Ramadan mubarak

My girlfriend is fasting and is getting some dehydration headaches in the afternoon. Is there anything she can do to offset this, (besides just drinking more water when she's able)?
hmm.. I can't provide an expert level opinion, but anecdotally may I ask if her sleep was affected at all? I think I drank one glass of water the first night but it took a while to fall asleep after ceri, and I think that's what led to headaches for me.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My mum was getting this so she had a nap and was fine after, so maybe she needs some rest? Is she working while having the headaches? Could be due to screens? Just take more breaks than usual, once every hour of screen time. If not work related, turn off lights and nap.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Today is my full day fast because yesterday I had to break it. However it's day 3 of caffeine withdrawal and it's incredibly tough. In Ramadan I switch from coffee to tea during evening but it just doesn't cut it. I think I should be OK from tomorrow.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
https://youtu.be/cqfXCGWlciY

The UHRP is doing a live fundraising right now for Uyghur causes. They do hard work. Including presenting a bill to congress.They produced a report with the BBC, subsequently forcing politicians to take a stand (the EU, UK, US implemented some sanctions as a result). Please donate if you can.

Here is the donation page: https://www.launchgood.com/campaign/defend_the_uyghurs_this_ramadan_4#!/

This Ramadan more than ever we have to do whatever we can to save Uyghur lives from the oppression of the CCP.

Please donate whatever you can.

Oct 27, 2017
This Ramadan has more than ever made it evident how much my hobbies rely on food.

Tea and cookies with my reading.
Grabbing a smoothie or coffee whenever I run errands.
Popcorn or chips for late-night movies/gaming sessions.
And having my meals whenever I catch up on TV.

And I got to admit, I miss all those things, lol.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried for to support by girlfriend again this year by fasting but nope. You try wearing an N95 mask with full iso gown during the day, she gets to cheat because she works at night.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Day 4 coming to an end. No problems with hunger but finding getting up for suhoor tough! Normally ok till the last week or so.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I can actually feel my bowels thanking me for fasting.

I really need to cut down on all the junk I usually eat.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Last 10 days fam. First Odd Night for us.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Really felt like it's gone by faster this year than last year

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Might just be because of the pandemic, last year's Ramadan also just flew by. The last 14 months in general, really.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm curious what people have been eating for iftar. Here is me. Fruit chaat, and chicken goujons from Sainsbury's.

PXL_20210507_193649239.jpg

PXL_20210507_193705235.jpg

PXL_20210507_194453137.jpg