• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Low-key nervous about going to the mosque this year, what with all the shootings and general BS from alt-right clowns.

You'd think we'd be safe in Canada, but goddamn, lol

Other than that, been pretty solid so far; fasting has been getting easier for the past several years~~~

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
Laughed for about a solid minute at that spongebob clip lol. Probably the most incredible part of the whole thing to me. Even more so in places with no AC etc before common times

moneywoes

Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else run when fasting? Doing it once a week to not lose any progress but I think I'll increase it. I do it like 40 minutes before iftar but got late today so need to be mindful of that. Honestly, with the temperature here in BC it's not that bad.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today's particularly rough because my left eye's swole (for some unknown reason) and it's making me very difficult to study (and to stay awake at all). Hopefully it's gone by tomorrow.

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
Low-key nervous about going to the mosque this year, what with all the shootings and general BS from alt-right clowns.

You'd think we'd be safe in Canada, but goddamn, lol

Other than that, been pretty solid so far; fasting has been getting easier for the past several years~~~

I totally understand, but don't let it get to you. The risk is probably extremely small, and you're missing out on all the really important aspect of going to the mosque.

Anyone else run when fasting? Doing it once a week to not lose any progress but I think I'll increase it. I do it like 40 minutes before iftar but got late today so need to be mindful of that. Honestly, with the temperature here in BC it's not that bad.

Yep, I run, lift weights, play hoops at least three times a week. For basketball, because it's with a group, we start a couple of hours earlier, but when it comes to running I start about an hour before Iftar.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is that safe? I'd assume that you'd get quite dehydrated if you're working out that far from iftar.

I remember I was working out at home right before iftar a few years ago and my body just gave up on me lol. Had to crawl to the dining room to break fast haha.
I'm no doctor, so I'd hesitate to recommend it to anyone 😬

I guess everyone just knows their own bodies. I sweat a lot. I'm sure technically my body is dehydrated at that point but I've never felt like I was about to pass out or anything. I still do yard work in the sun sometimes (and Florida sun is no joke). Don't get me wrong I'm thirsty as hell by the time iftar comes around.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe we're already a bit past halfway through.

This happens every year. The first day I'm like "4 more weeks to go..." and next thing I know, it's almost over!

I'm no doctor, so I'd hesitate to recommend it to anyone 😬

I guess everyone just knows their own bodies. I sweat a lot. I'm sure technically my body is dehydrated at that point but I've never felt like I was about to pass out or anything. I still do yard work in the sun sometimes (and Florida sun is no joke). Don't get me wrong I'm thirsty as hell by the time iftar comes around.

You remind me of my grandfather lol. Even during the blistering Bangladeshi summers, he tended to his farm and yard work while fasting all day without a complaint. Dude was a tank!

Oct 27, 2017
Now that we've entered the last 10 days of Ramadan, I feel like I really should be pushing myself to pray taraweeh and read the Qur'an more, what with Laylatul Qadr and all. I've unfortunately been kinda slacking the past week.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ONE DATE WAS AROUND 70 CALORIES???

IVE BEEN EATING THEM BY THE BOXES 😭😭😭😭😭

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

I found this out recently as well. The medjool dates have high calories. I am however ok because the high sugar intake means I feel really good after fasting and it's better than junk food.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Haha I found this out last year when I thought exchanging ice cream for dates + milk would be a nice healthy substitution... I was so wrong when I weighed myself a month later LOL.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe we're in the last week of Ramadan. This year was very different for me, instead of feeling hungry or thirsty, I felt rather tired instead. But never did I feel like I needed to get something to drink or eat.

Hope I can make the most out of these last seven (six at this point given there's only four and a half hours until iftar) days.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I know we're on the tail end but my intention is to start working out during Ramadan today...wish me luck.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Too fast for me honestly. Im gonna miss this Ramadan. Helped me get back and improve myself

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
my local masjid says Eid on Tuesday
Increasingly looking like Eid will be on Wednesday.

cb1ejn8ayz131.jpg

It will be only visible in Hawaii and that too through telescopes. I fear we're gonna have a split Eid again. Moon Wars again :(

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaan I really hope it's on Tuesday because I can't take work off on Wednesday.

I found this out recently as well. The medjool dates have high calories. I am however ok because the high sugar intake means I feel really good after fasting and it's better than junk food.

It's definitely better than loading up on pakoras and other fried foods but you can eat like 20 dates in a couple of minutes without realizing. Thats how I got got lol

Haha I found this out last year when I thought exchanging ice cream for dates + milk would be a nice healthy substitution... I was so wrong when I weighed myself a month later LOL.

Yo same lol. I stopped drinking lemonade and sweets for Iftar and substituted them for these meaty dates thinking it was an improvement.

I WAS SO WRONG

Zapages

Oct 28, 2017
The best season of them all... Let the Moon Wars begin... I have taken off Tuesday as well... So has my Father and everyone that I know...

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Saudi Arabia said the moon has been sighted and announced Eid for tomorrow June 4th.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why the last few days have been so difficult, normally I'm adjusted by now. Gotta ride this horrible migraine out until iftar.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
10313eb85037fc4aeaaa6ad5394afce4--eid-moon.jpg

Some peeps be doing it tomorrow (Tuesday) here. Some peeps (like me) doing it Weds. Eid Mubarak no matter which day you celebrate 😊

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eid Mubarak, all.

I don't know why the last few days have been so difficult, normally I'm adjusted by now. Gotta ride this horrible migraine out until iftar.

The last few Ramadans since our baby was born have all been tough, but this year my kid's schedule has been entirely out of wack. There's no telling how late we'll have to stay up or how early we'll have to wake. (The first year would have been hardest except for parental leave.)