• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I'll watch it, I've been craving some more diverse stories and visuals in my scifi media.

I'm kinda tired of the Mad Max and Blad Runner aesthetics, right now.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Looks awesome.
Is this being made by HBO or just being streamed on that service? Just trying to figure out where it'll end up internationally, but if a proper HBO show then it'll end up at those usual partners.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So how does this whole MAX/GO thing work outside of the US?

Is the MAX stuff on GO in territories where MAX isn't available? Or will I have to get this, um, through other channels in Europe?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is this based on anything? Like a novel or something? Seems like a weird name after watching the trailer. I mean, I get it, just not the title I would expect for a show like this.

Do hope people arent getting tired of these dystopian shows lol. Seems like after the Handmaid's Tale, this genre is starting to take over like it did with YA novels and then their film adaptations.

Looks awesome imo. Really like this Ridley Scott lol. Just hope he is able to do a better job after Prometheus and whatever that last Alien movie was.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I came in expecting a movie trailer, but watching it, I was thinking this feels like a series, and then it turned out it was. Looks...okay in places, but I'm not interested in watching another show.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
no idea what i watched/what they're going for but i get to see it for "free", i like ridley scott (sorry but i'm not utterly nerd raged by his newer stuff)

so yeah cool i guess

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i love ridley scott but what the hell was that, that looked awful lmao
"the big bad wolf... was her" come on lol

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Could be interesting.

What's definitely exciting is that Ben Frost is scoring the show.

Akahige

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting an amazing batshit crazy pilot and for it to shit the bed by episode two. But we will see, maybe it will turn out decent.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I don't trust anything Ridley Scott makes (unless he's just producing?) however whenever a trailer has to say "from the mind of" or "creator of" "makers of" "producers of" usually has to use better works to use as a crutch to get other's interest. So this holds no interest for me.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Ehhhh

Not really a fan of the color grading at all and I have a feeling the themes are gonna be as subtle as a brick to the head

Also Scott is more of a warning than something to be excited about nowadays imo

The writer was also behind Prisoners though and I enjoyed that a lot so who knows

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Looks really good, please be good. Ridley Scott knows how to direct a world-class looking production, that's for sure. He is doing the pilot.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was this known to be in development?

It's a Ridley Scott HBO series so yes, I will subscribe again.

Looks really good, please be good. Ridley Scott knows how to direct a world-class looking production, that's for sure. He is doing the pilot.

Just the pilot, or is that all that's known? (Looks like he's doing the first two episodes based on IMDB, but that might be a double-feature)

Edit: I checked Scott's IMDB and he is producing a Blade Runner show called Black Lotus.. wtf

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
He is doing the first 2 eps inguef. His company is producing it.
screenrant.com

Everything We Know About Ridley Scott's Raised By Wolves

Here's everything we know about Raised by Wolves on HBO Max.
The creator and head writer Aaron Guzikowski is only ok but you never know.

Blade Runner is getting a 2021 anime with CRAZY talent. I am beyond hyped for that one.
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Adult Swim, Crunchyroll Produce Blade Runner — Black Lotus Anime Series

Shinji Aramaki, Kenji Kamiyama direct series set between 2 films

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
wow, that was a great trailer. The first one sold me on the show, but this one really helped understand what im getting into story wise.

I wonder if they are planning this as a one-off limited series type thing, or if they are wanting it to be a series. Whatever the case is, I hope they have planned accordingly lol.

Looks like there will be 10 episodes.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this going to be an actual HBO series (shown on HBO cable subscriptions) or is it simply exclusive to HBO Max streaming? I haven't seen any previews or whatnot on HBO so I'm assuming it's the latter.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I want this! I was expecting either a second trailer with a Bjork song attached to it, or Wolves from Kanye's The Life of Pablo.

So many good shows on HBO Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.