• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
So Neanderthals came from Keplar and integrated with the other proto-humans on earth, huh.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't they have tried to kill it in some simpler way? I get that mother's care protocol prevents her but surely father could have taken care of it

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with all the mysteries, as long as they don't keep piling up without getting answered. Season 2 could stand to pick up the pace a bit too.

Other than that I thought the show was fine. I appreciated the weirdness of the finale and look forward to more craziness in S2.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i really like this show. but i am getting vibes that they're just making it up as they go along....

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Too many unanswered questions. I have no respect for writers who pull this shit off. Did Lost teach them nothing? They don't have a plan. They are bullshitting us. Fuck that and fuck this show.

I was hoping this would be more like Watchmen, which asked a LOT of questions, but answered its questions at the end of the season in a most satisfactory way.

What a disappointment. I loved the premise.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i was really hoping this was based off a book, because i do fear that the writers don't really know where they're going with this... like at all

Nov 8, 2017
So Neanderthals came from Keplar and integrated with the other proto-humans on earth, huh.

I don't think that's suggested.

They seem to be suggesting that people on Keppler are "de-evolving" but that doesn't mean Kepler is the origin of humans or neanderthals.

Probable in-universe explanations:
  • Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey Stuff
  • Ancient Alien Astronauts came to earth
  • Ancient Human Astronauts from earth went to Kepler in the distant past of an old unknown civilization
  • Super advanced aliens are just fucking with people and pretending to be gods
Or some combination of these.

[note: anyone who includes "de-evolving" in any scifi should be immediately dismissed]

Other things that will possibly be the case:

• Earth didn't actually completely die
  • Other ships beat Mother and Father to Kepler* and so other humans have been "devolving" longer

*Either because they were sent earlier in secret, or were sent later but with much faster ships / more advanced technology / the others got slowed down on the way / there's time distortions

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Neanderthal part made no sense to me. i just have too many questions. is the idea that the creatures they've been eating are human? if that was the intention, i dont think the director did a good job at portraying it. and i guess i don't get why these creatures intelligent enough to make clothes/boots/handbags, but not smart enough to communicate with language?

i just really don't get it

i suspect though that human society of keppler got fucked up in a war and they fled to earth...only to fuck things up on earth again and have to flee to keppler... or something like that maybe.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew that was the best finale I've seen in a really long time. Can't believe I didn't see that
serpent birth
coming when there were plenty of hints about certain inhabitants of this planet. Best show in years for me, easy 10/10 and can't wait for Season 2.

Jul 16, 2020
Whew that was the best finale I've seen in a really long time. Can't believe I didn't see that
serpent birth
coming when there were plenty of hints about certain inhabitants of this planet. Best show in years for me, easy 10/10 and can't wait for Season 2.
I liked it a lot too. Seems way more thoughtful than Lost or some of the other shows to which people here are comparing it.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
the Neanderthal part made no sense to me. i just have too many questions. is the idea that the creatures they've been eating are human? if that was the intention, i dont think the director did a good job at portraying it. and i guess i don't get why these creatures intelligent enough to make clothes/boots/handbags, but not smart enough to communicate with language?

Well the revelation of the creatures was one thing commonly speculated that turned out right. They were too humanoid for comfort. Also the whole tasting like pork thing.

Saying the skull was Neanderthal was too specific for the creatures to have come from humans.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
So when does season 2 start?

This show answered very little and now we have the world serpent on top of everything else. And whoever engineered the pod outdid themselves. If only the ark was made to that standard.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
season 3 ending:

ridley scott: *long exhale* and that's how we got xenomorphs.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Yooo that shut was nuts. Neanderthals? Some alien in a cube they worship? The atheist faction made it to the planet as well?

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok this is living up to the claim of OT title. So many questions in the end but it works for a tv show tbh. Loved it.
  • So the Airpod thing just went through the core of the planet and into another dimension?
  • I mean COME ON. Nobody thought mother was actually impregnated with a human. But a snake? A FLYING SNAKE?! Next season needs to have better cgi on the AirSnake.
  • Is it just me or the ending seemed obviously edited to account for being green-lit for season 2 ? Mary/Sue looked like she was supposed to die and the Marcus' hilarious "gun fight" which looked choreographed by actors and crew on set, seemed like a last minute jury-rigged scene to add continuity.
  • I will cry if mother and father don't get back together next season.
  • Father ( played to perfection by Abubakar salim) is the next adorable android after Baymax( from big hero 6).
  • I though Paul like his fake-dad had space psychosis. But woah who told him the truth about sue?

Last edited:

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really get the ending? Like how did they survive going through lava? And what is this world? And the skulls they found were of the alien race that lived there?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't really get the ending? Like how did they survive going through lava? And what is this world? And the skulls they found were of the alien race that lived there?
They went through hell, and an ancient alien race has been seeding planets with humans.
And then weyland-yutani shows up.

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I think this was kind of bad, but in a good way? I enjoyed it... I think.

If season 10 just piles on the WTF in a fast pace, this will be my favourite pulp sci-fi show.

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with this show.

I checked out when every one started hearing voices but the flying snake baby controlling the spaceship just aint where its at.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not what I expected and not where I would've wanted the show to go, but fuck it, I'm all in on the stupidity.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
WeirdOilyIraniangroundjay-size_restricted.gif

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Still trying to catch up from the last batch (ep. 8 and 9). Currently on 9, Hunter just reverted Father and I am jumped off my god damn sofa in excitement. No perfect moment than Father immediately telling a joke to break the tension of the scene. God I fucking missed Father, I am so happy rn.

Also how do I blur text?? Sorry if anyone is still catching up and I'm spoiling it but I hate making a whole spoiler box for one portion of a sentence. I'm just too thrilled to care rn

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
the best thing about this show is that even if they do a timeskip, Abubakar Salim will still be there, even if it's hundreds of years.

I am also apparently the only one who thought the guy with the stone axe was an engineer

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
didn't love the finale but the CGI plot development baby wasn't the reason

I just felt like all the major characters were kind of in stasis and I wanted more from Campion and the girl who was seeking Mother out. I did like some of the things they did with Ethan Hazzard's Hunter character though

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
That was an insane final ep. Completely out of left field. I'm not liking the direction but I will give it another half season before I bail.
I really do hope the showrunner has a detailed laid out plan for his 5 season arc.