• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
www.ubisoft.com

Y6S2 PRE-SEASON DESIGNER'S NOTES

In this latest edition of Designer’s Notes, we'll go into more detail about the balancing changes that’ll come with the North Star and give you an insight into the reasons behind these changes.

New patch notes state it only previously detected the head and hips and will now detect feet as well.

I hardly played Melusi in my five stack, so if Banshees could do that before I don't remember.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The only change that bothers me is the bodies turning to icons. They've been angling harder and harder into being esports that the game begins to lose its identity as the flavour starts getting taken out in favour of raw visibility. Weakening the bulletproof utilities has been a long time coming, and removing bullet hole peeking is a relief. I love that they're making barrel attachments more straightforward.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the bodies thing will be left alone.

Other changes seem reasonable to me. Vigil gun nerf and SMG-12 buff are good calls.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
www.ubisoft.com

Y6S2 PRE-SEASON DESIGNER'S NOTES

In this latest edition of Designer’s Notes, we'll go into more detail about the balancing changes that’ll come with the North Star and give you an insight into the reasons behind these changes.

New patch notes state it only previously detected the head and hips and will now detect feet as well.

I hardly played Melusi in my five stack, so if Banshees could do that before I don't remember.

i didn't know what. I thought it just needed line of sight to the player?

also, what's the big deal about bodies disappearing? why does no one like it? I feel like I'm missing something.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Bullet holes are by far the stupidest, worst thing ever included in this game and I don't understand why they've taken so long to fix this.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The bodies are not an 'esports' thing - they affect all levels of play. I think the icons are tacky and dumb, but you know what is worse? When you lose a round you should've won because a fucking body is laying differently on your screen than the person you're in a fight with.

Short of server side body placement, which seems like it's a non-starter, I'm not sure I have a better solution.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
People are so worked up over the gameplay-after-death changes. I think dropping your drone at spawn after you die is overly generous, but it doesn't strike me as the end of the world. Some people, though, are just absolutely livid to the point where I worry for their mental well-being.

It really seems to be the natural history of any long-running competitive game to have people on Reddit shit on every single potential balance change and declare they're leaving the game or that it's dead.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
People are so worked up over the gameplay-after-death changes. I think dropping your drone at spawn after you die is overly generous, but it doesn't strike me as the end of the world. Some people, though, are just absolutely livid to the point where I worry for their mental well-being.

It really seems to be the natural history of any long-running competitive game to have people on Reddit shit on every single potential balance change and declare they're leaving the game or that it's dead.

Yes. The one thing you forgot to mention is that those people also have the disclaimer that theyve been playing since the beta.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017

I completely agree with the drone dropping at spawn, I think that's pretty generous. I expect a lot of people to leave their drones there and not do much with it after they rush the defuser deep into site and die.

Also, can't forget Reddit claiming every new operator will be broken.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
So far, the main complaints I'm seeing with after death on TTS is Echo and Maestro preventing the plant every round. I'm not sure utlility usage will be a thing on the after death changes if they take effect.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
So far, the main complaints I'm seeing with after death on TTS is Echo and Maestro preventing the plant every round. I'm not sure utlility usage will be a thing on the after death changes if they take effect.
I feel like this is perfectly balanced out with drones after death and maybe just some smarter anti-utility gameplay. I see Ashes wasting their charges on dumb shit all the time.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not playing on the TTS myself, but how much of this is biased from the TTS explicitly being used to test out these changes? On the designer's notes blog both Echo and Maestro are both very low presence, and are both slightly below 0% in win delta. Just because it's happening on the TTS doesn't mean that it's going to carry over to the live game.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not playing on the TTS myself, but how much of this is biased from the TTS explicitly being used to test out these changes? On the designer's notes blog both Echo and Maestro are both very low presence, and are both slightly below 0% in win delta. Just because it's happening on the TTS doesn't mean that it's going to carry over to the live game.
No these are all early musings by testers since it just opened hours ago. It's interesting because, at least for me, my main concern for this change was the drones not the defenders. The early talk I've seen is Echo/Maestro.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Mozzie and Lion Elites and a ton of cosmetics leaked on Reddit. As well as a rumor that Melusi and Vigil are getting Elites in season 3.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
No these are all early musings by testers since it just opened hours ago. It's interesting because, at least for me, my main concern for this change was the drones not the defenders. The early talk I've seen is Echo/Maestro.

I agree. I struggle to shoot drones on console and trying to clutch as last man standing while I'm getting pinged left and right - either scanning or yellow pings on comms - seems like it'd be that much harder. Intel and drone denial will be that much more important. Mute and Mozzie pick rates are going to skyrocket.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like the idea of droning after death but actually playing it it made me enjoy it a lot more. You die and immediately get to still engage and try to help your teammates. I didn't mind dying and waiting or being on cams but it just keeps you that much more invested in helping your team. It's going to make people actually use their drones and play them smart, so that really strong interest doesn't get thrown away. Mute is definitely gonna skyrocket in pick rate.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I don't know how I feel about the current state of the game. I guess I'm just bored because every round is nothing but pure meta operators and my main mode is casual. There's no variety and the amount of mouse & keyboard users on console is absolutely disgusting.

It also doesn't help that the battle pass is super long, which burns me out trying to complete it every season now.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about the current state of the game. I guess I'm just bored because every round is nothing but pure meta operators and my main mode is casual. There's no variety and the amount of mouse & keyboard users on console is absolutely disgusting.

It also doesn't help that the battle pass is super long, which burns me out trying to complete it every season now.
The last year or so I've just enjoyed the game less and less.
The BPs are boring
There is so little room for error it just isn't fun anymore comparatively with other no Respawn games(Socom, Counter Strike, COD Search and Destroy
Operators have gotten so scifi or goofy
Even the basic gameplay just feels sluggish now after playing anything else

Honestly before I was hypothetically excited about Extraction or the eventual Siege 2....

Now I'm hoping they just keep ruining this game and maybe in 2025 Rainbow 6 will get rebooted again

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The spear is a pretty legit weapon for a defender when thunderbird comes out, otherwise defense is still defense, Melusi has decent guns, oryx does too.

Edit: mozzie if you want post year 2 as well has great defender guns

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Roni is amazing. Main gun if you want to flex with a cool reload animation.

Aruni and mozzie are great picks because of the roni and lesion and oryx for the T-5 smg. Both of those guns have little to no recoil and a high rate of fire, so really easy to get kills with.
hahah wow roni is funny for sure, so its a pistol in a carbine body? ammo goes fast but sucker seems accurate.
i got funny skin for the other gun, but dont really care about cosmetics. think mozzie will be good with the post death stuff coming? feel like you could hide drones for later

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hahah wow roni is funny for sure, so its a pistol in a carbine body? ammo goes fast but sucker seems accurate.
i got funny skin for the other gun, but dont really care about cosmetics. think mozzie will be good with the post death stuff coming? feel like you could hide drones for later
He definitely will.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
The fmg9 is a pistol too. I like both that and the Roni for how interesting that design is. A Nokk elite animation where she flips open the folded suitcase, aims it and then cloaks would be amazing.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Cross play/progression is good news. The only game I really play on PS4 is Siege so it sucks being held hostage to pay for PS+.

I just got a Series S, and have game pass for 2 years. So nice to know next year I can download it on Xbox and continue on there.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I thought this was releasing tomorrow. Looking forward to playing with the new OP.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
If anyone wants to play on PS4/PS5 im down. My rank is usually around high gold - low gold. Worst part of doing the placements is finding teammates with no mic, the chance of wining the match is super low..

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I think the new season has a glitch with operator icons over teammates' heads only refreshing at 30 fps. It's distracting.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Favela feels almost like a brand new map. Have yet to really form an opinion of it, but it seems promising. Nice to have a nighttime map again, especially as it's just for casual.