• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I wonder if the alpha pack reward will still be a thing. They will have the free battle pass track.

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
LORE???????

WE GETTING

LORE???????

More #LORE is way more exciting than more cosmetics tbh

And also when will we get Casual Dokkaebi dammit

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I wonder how much the Premium Battle Pass is going to cost?

So you have to buy a Season Pass and now a Premium Battle Pass? Hmmmm not sure how I feel about this.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK

So you have to buy a Season Pass and now a Premium Battle Pass? Hmmmm not sure how I feel about this.

*duplicate post as there is two threads.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

*duplicate post as there is two threads.
You don't have to buy either, the battle pass would be more like saying you have to buy all the cosmetics they release.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Lootboxes
Season Pass
Boosters
Premium Currency
and now a Battle Pass

All on top of a $19.99 game.

Urgh

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
I don't get the hate for the battlepass, no one is forcing you to buy it and it's just cosmetics ...
I'm actually excited for it, I already have the season pass so it would be nice if they give it for free but even if they don't ( and I don't expect them to ) it will be fine

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Might just get me back into the game depending on what the challenges are. Unless it's like Apex Legends where it's just an XP system.

Edit: Sounds like it's like Apex Legends rather than Fortnite. So they look the lazy route. That's unfortunate.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with this.

If you choose not to buy into it, the only thing that changes for you is that you start earning a few extra freebies from the free track and you lose nothing.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
The video is a bit confusing. Since everyone getting the same rewards for free why there's premium pass? Or is this separate and costs money?

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Too many layers now. Op pass, Battle Pass and Alpha packs. Just nerf Jackly and we good.

Yeah. I love R6 and I think the battle pass model is great, but there's just too many layers and moving parts to Siege's monetization. It's an expensive damn game especially given it's not even free to play (and there are still some F2P games that are more generous).

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I paid for Season pass I would feel a little ripped off TBH. They should all get an upgrade to Premium Battle Pass.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Lootboxes
Season Pass
Boosters
Premium Currency
and now a Battle Pass

Urgh
I bought it like 10 euros on a G2A like keys reseller, i've been playing it for about 3 years now and i've never spent money on this game for season passes or cosmetic things, i always have a lot of renown points for new operators and even some costume or gadget from time to time, i think this game is one of the best example of a fair game as a service, if they're gonna keep updating maps, operators, and keep the servers alive they will definitely need money, and they are making the right choices so far. I will be the first to criticize EA and FIFA Ultimate Team, but this is not the case

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I paid for Season pass I would feel a little ripped off TBH. They should all get an upgrade to Premium Battle Pass.
Why? The battle pass gets you cosmetics, the season pass has never gotten you significant cosmetics. Like. you know what you buy with the season pass, and you know there's stuff it doesn't get you.

It's like complaining that the season pass doesn't get you every elite skin.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it like 10 euros on a G2A like keys reseller, i've been playing it for about 3 years now and i've never spent money on this game for season passes or cosmetic things, i always have a lot of renown points for new operators and even some costume or gadget from time to time, i think this game is one of the best example of a fair game as a service, if they're gonna keep updating maps, operators, and keep the servers alive they will definitely need money, and they are making the right choices so far. I will be the first to criticize EA and FIFA Ultimate Team, but this is not the case
Yes, it's all cosmetic and optional.

Doesn't make it right that even more monetization layers are being added to the game tho. For example, I have a good number of R6 points stocked up, can I use those to buy the Battle Pass or are they useless in this instance? I'm guess it's probably going to be the latter and I'll have to pay more money again.

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? The battle pass gets you cosmetics, the season pass has never gotten you significant cosmetics. Like. you know what you buy with the season pass, and you know there's stuff it doesn't get you.

It's like complaining that the season pass doesn't get you every elite skin.

Season pass has always been thin when it comes to value IMO. If you play regularly enough, you can easily buy new ops whenever they come out. The store discount and the Alpha pack spin boost are almost entirely worthless.

This would add some value to it.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Season pass has always been thin when it comes to value IMO. If you play regularly enough, you can easily buy new ops whenever they come out. The store discount and the Alpha pack spin boost are almost entirely worthless.

So...don't buy it? It's entirely intended that you can get all gameplay content for free.
Yes, it's all cosmetic and optional.

Doesn't make it right that even more monetization layers are being added to the game tho. For example, I have a good number of R6 points stocked up, can I use those to buy the Battle Pass or are they useless in this instance? I'm guess it's probably going to be the latter and I'll have to pay more money again.
If it's like every other battle pass in the industry, you can buy it with r6 credits and it'll earn you some r6 credits as well.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Lootboxes
Season Pass
Boosters
Premium Currency
and now a Battle Pass

Urgh
I love this game. Likely my Game of the Generation, but I have to agree they start to become greedy. There are just too many things at once going on now. Like, I'm even fine with a Battle Pass, but at least something else has to go away for that.

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...don't buy it? It's entirely intended that you can get all gameplay content for free.

If it's like every other battle pass in the industry, you can buy it with r6 credits and it'll earn you some r6 credits as well.

I didnt?

Literally the first post I wrote said I dont own a Season pass.

If you do and feel its your moneys worth, more power to you. /shrug

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
New ops have to obtained with either the season pass, renown, or R6 points.
There are already plenty of cosmetics in the store that have to be bought with real money and can't be bought with R6 points so I have doubt that I'll be able to do that.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt?

Literally the first post I wrote said I dont own a Season pass.

If you do and feel its your moneys worth, more power to you. /shrug
Then what si your question? If you're not buying the season pass, you have your answer: Because they're different products with different appeals, you should be glad you don't need to buy the season pass now just because there's some other junk attached to it.
New ops have to obtained with either the season pass, renown, or R6 points.

There are already plenty of cosmetics in the store that have to be bought with real money and can't be bought with R6 points so I have doubt that I'll be able to do that.
A) Yes, Renown is known as 'free' so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
B) Very very few, only the ones that directly contribute to the pro league (IE: pro league bundles, and team branded skins. It's very few. Everything else is R6 buyable). EDIT: And those weird random like shogun skins and shit, forgot about those. It's still MAYBE 1% of all the cosmetics.

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then what si your question? If you're not buying the season pass, you have your answer: Because they're different products with different appeals, you should be glad you don't need to buy the season pass now just because there's some other junk attached to it.

Which part of "season pass isnt good value and this would be a nice add on to it instead of asking those users to cough up more money" are you finding confusing? Cause I really dont know how to break it down further for you.

Me owning or not owning the season pass makes no difference.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Which part of "season pass isnt good value and this would be a nice add on to it instead of asking those users to cough up more money" are you finding confusing? Cause I really dont know how to break it down further for you.

Me owning or not owning the season pass makes no difference.
Clearly people that buy it think it's a good value, it hasn't changed in 4 years, I'm not sure what YOU aren't understanding

Season pass offers X Y Z for the price.
Has offered the same X Y Z for 4 years.
New thing is added to the game that is completely unrelated to X Y Z, and now suddenly you're like "they need to spice up that season pass" ?

If you're not buying it, your opinion on it is irrelevant, the ENTIRE point of the season pass is that you don't have to buy it.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
A) Yes, Renown is known as 'free' so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
B) Very very few, only the ones that directly contribute to the pro league (IE: pro league bundles, and team branded skins. It's very few. Everything else is R6 buyable). EDIT: And those weird random like shogun skins and shit, forgot about those. It's still MAYBE 1% of all the cosmetics.
Like I said, the fact that there is stuff in the store at all that I can't buy with R6 points makes me skeptical that I'll be able to purchase the BP with R6 points but we'll have to see I guess.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The Year Passes have mostly been about supporting the game and unlocking the operators a week early. It's always been the same price and has always provided the exact same content year after year. Every time they add something new like this to the game, people complain that the pass should cover it as if we haven't had 4 successful years of these already.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Battle Passes would be bearable if they weren't time limited

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Bought the game when it first came out. To this day, I haven't spent a single penny on anything. As long as they don't lock operators behind a paywall all their monetisation attempts are meaningless to me. So if you're thinking of getting the game, feel at ease upon reading my words....but prepare to die to trolls on your own team...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Bought the game when it first came out. To this day, I haven't spent a single penny on anything. As long as they don't lock operators behind a paywall all their monetisation attempts are meaningless to me. So if you're thinking of getting the game, feel at ease upon reading my words....but prepare to die to trolls on your own team...
I think the operator cost is still a bit high imo

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I think the operator cost is still a bit high imo

I agree with you, and got downvoted to oblivion when I mentioned the same thing on the subreddit lol. It does take a while to get to even 1000 renown to purchase the year 1 operators, but I guess at least you get to experience playing all the available operators a ton, ensuring you improve your skills. Also gives you time to work on obtaining all the trophies, which is what I finally did last week, getting that sweet platinum trophy.

Rainbow Six feels similar to For Honor too, in that the 'renown' of that game is paltry after each match, so it's essentially pushing you to spend real money to unlock stuff.

Don't fall for it!!!

giphy.gif

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Renown prices for stuff was way too high when I was playing. Hopefully this is a way to load up on quality cosmetics for less up front.