• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
www.windowscentral.com

Rainbow Six Siege coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, cross-play in the works

Ubisoft plans to bring Rainbow Six Siege to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on launch day, while also hopeful of delivering cross-play and cross-platform progression soon.

"Why I can't give you a date is because those dates are, in the end, on the people doing the next-gen consoles," Athanassof stated. "What I can tell you is that we are going to be on [the consoles] from launch. When they will release the consoles; but it's up to them to agree that. For Siege, our target is to be available right at launch."

"Again, this is more a discussion between Microsoft and Sony. We would love to be fully cross-play — have Xbox players matchmaking against the PlayStation players. We are ready to support that. And hopefully, this will happen because as I said, it's a general move in the industry, and there is nothing that can prevent that. It's just a matter of time before it happens."

"That means if you play on the next PlayStation, you will be able to matchmake with the previous PlayStation." Ubisoft also remains in discussions to bring cross-play to Xbox One and PlayStation 4, although it comes with numerous policy hurdles to circumvent."

"I don't think there will ever be console cross-play with PC. The only way we could do that kind of stuff is by letting you do that if you want to. By default, you're always with console. But if you want to match with these players, to have better matchmaking, or whatever, and get your ass kicked by a keyboard and mouse, up to you."

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure it'll be that you own it on ps4 or xbox one that you already own it on the new systems and will have a patch to utilize the extra hardware. Ubi already kinda confirmed this.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
They should put native Mouse and Keyboard support for this on console by then hopefully. Sick of versing mouse adapter players and I have to stick to these nub sticks to compete with

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I'm in if it's free for people who already have the game on current gen. Not buying it again.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not just matchmake based on input like several games already do, and get PC in there?

Unlike COD, R6 doesn't really need a playerbase injection on PC; it's pretty strong. And R6 does not currently support KB/M on consoles and I think they've gone on record saying they have no plans to add it.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
I wonder what they will do with For Honor. It runs noticebly worse on last gen console (30fps + higher input lag) and making it xplay might not work out even on consoles only. Honor is one of the few games where gamepad and m&k are very viable on pc. Honestly the best thing to do is just making the next gen versions xplay with pc and it should have a minimum loading speed check (slow hdd users are a pain, they're also annoying in R6).

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the engine limitations wont be an issue? It's apparently killed a lot of their operator ideas

thats what i want most

plus animation updates and better lighting

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
A few years ago i totally thought that their plan to have 100 playable operators was dumb and unfeasible

now? i genuinely believe they will own up to that. can't wait to see how the game will pan out on the new consoles.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
That's ubiaoft cross gen strategy for all their games most likely. Everything will get an enhancement patch. No need for an expensive port with full BC.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Even if they don't have cross-play between PlayStation and Xbox I feel like cross-gen between PS4-PS5 and XB1-XSX is an absolute must so people who switch to next-gen on Day 1 don't get stuck with a relatively low playerbase.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if they don't have cross-play between PlayStation and Xbox I feel like cross-gen between PS4-PS5 and XB1-XSX is an absolute must so people who switch to next-gen on Day 1 don't get stuck with a relatively low playerbase.

There's no way they port it without allowing people to transfer progression. There's too much money wrapped up in these accounts.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what they will do with For Honor. It runs noticebly worse on last gen console (30fps + higher input lag) and making it xplay might not work out even on consoles only. Honor is one of the few games where gamepad and m&k are very viable on pc. Honestly the best thing to do is just making the next gen versions xplay with pc and it should have a minimum loading speed check (slow hdd users are a pain, they're also annoying in R6).
Yeah, the 30FPS on console was a big fuck up, I always said that from the start.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
There's no way they port it without allowing people to transfer progression. There's too much money wrapped up in these accounts.
Not talking about progression, I'm 100% sure they'll have that, but talking about PS5 players playing with PS4 players and XSX players playing with XB1 players. Even if they don't have PS<->XB cross-play they need to have at least that at launch.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm sure it'll be that you own it on ps4 or xbox one that you already own it on the new systems and will have a patch to utilize the extra hardware. Ubi already kinda confirmed this.

They have? Because I highly doubt anyone will take the "Free on next gen if you own last gen" approach. But I would love for that to happen often. It's the one thing I wish consoles did that steam does. They don't get nickel and dimed for every new version, and if they do it's like 75+% off.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
probably what pc has...4k, 60fps, u cant really add rtx to it since its competitive....tanks the fps too much.
I doubt they'll push this game beyond 60fps on consoles, so RT is totally doable depending on what they choose to use it for. you might have to sacrifice 4K, but the game's reconstruction method is pretty good

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
They have? Because I highly doubt anyone will take the "Free on next gen if you own last gen" approach. But I would love for that to happen often. It's the one thing I wish consoles did that steam does. They don't get nickel and dimed for every new version, and if they do it's like 75+% off.

All games are expected to support next gen consoles with HD patches.
source

Oct 27, 2017
Windows Central said:
Athanassof also assures me (an invested Rainbow Six Siege Xbox One player, looking to switch to PC) that the team hopes to bring cross-platform progression to Rainbow Six Siege.
It's been known for quite some time that they're (obviously) going to have Siege on next-gen consoles, so this quote is the only thing that truly matters.

Unfortunately it's a shame that they're unable to say with confidence that it's coming. I'm sure it'll happen, but still, the wording here is worrying. My friends and I are switching from PS4 back to Xbox next-gen and I would be sick to my stomach if I lost everything I've earned since launch.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So I read a headline somewhere saying there won't be next-gen ports of Division 2.

Is this a confirmation of next-gen upgrade patches instead of separate ports?

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
A port? Not sure that is necessary when the next consoles are going to have backwards compatibility.

A patch, sure, just like there was for Pro and X.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
This seemed clear to me ever since they started adding Vulkan to Siege. They are in it for the long haul and an arbitrary generation 'cut off' splitting their base and stopping growth would be counter to that.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I thought this was the new game. It seems Ubi won't let go of this game. I hope it will be a free update for current-gen owners.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
probably what pc has...4k, 60fps, u cant really add rtx to it since its competitive....tanks the fps too much.
No one plays it at 4K/60fps, it's all about dat 144fps. If they add native KB/M & 120fps option, i don't see why they can't have PC + Console crossplay, it would be handy cause i got a few friends who play this on PS4.