• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Extraction is a little more generic but I feel like it fits better with a Tom Clancy title, to me.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Extraction sounds like it could be a Siege sequel (which I really want).

This seems to be sticking to the co-operative PVE experience against science fiction enemies.

Can't say I'm too excited but will watch with an open mind.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Should've been called "Lockdown" for the title, but that's fine.
A bit confusing, wouldn't it be?

imagen-i759-pge.jpg

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Smart move. I remember playing that PvE around when Quarantine first released and it was both difficult and boring. Sponge enemies, blegh.

I wish we could just get a classic Rainbow 6,

It's really too bad. Instead of sprucing up Terrorist Hunt in Siege with more features and original maps, they went with zombie shit.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone really play terrorist hunt?

I would be very surprised if anyone plays Siege's terrorist hunt, seeing as it was kneecapped from day one with poor AI and the basic Siege maps. It's probably the worst version of the PvE mode. I have never heard of anything being done for it in the 6 years Siege has been out. I couldn't keep up with the Overwatch-esque character system or the grind or the skills other players have in PvP, so the game had nothing to offer me. The neutered T-Hunt was the big kick in the nards. So instead, Insurgency which really scratches the itch. I'll still wish for a return-to-form when it comes to the Rainbow Six property.

I can't blame Ubi for creating probably the most profitable entry in the franchise though.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I would be very surprised if anyone plays Siege's terrorist hunt, seeing as it was kneecapped from day one with poor AI and the basic Siege maps. It's probably the worst version of the PvE mode. I have never heard of anything being done for it in the 6 years Siege has been out. I couldn't keep up with the Overwatch-esque character system or the grind or the skills other players have in PvP, so the game had nothing to offer me. The neutered T-Hunt was the big kick in the nards. So instead, Insurgency which really scratches the itch. I'll still wish for a return-to-form when it comes to the Rainbow Six property.

I can't blame Ubi for creating probably the most profitable entry in the franchise though.
Well tbf some said they are adding headshot only mode next patch so some practice I guess but yeah. I think I played that mode twice. I did like the tutorial missions though

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Smart decision. Now whenever I hear the word quarantine I think of the Elmo staring into a mushroom cloud meme.

Right

Nov 24, 2017
Who's asking for this…. Did people actually find siege's pve enjoyable?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Who's asking for this…. Did people actually find siege's pve enjoyable?

This is a spinoff years in development designed around PvE. It's not going to be the same so its silly to assume it will play exactly like a one time event mode from 3 years ago. It exists because they are leveraging a huge brand with characters people like.

Oct 25, 2017
You'll get a hardcore team-oriented realistic shooter with quasi-Overwatch characters and you will like it.
I liked it alot at first besides the maps,
Operators got way too sci-fi for me and the terrorist narrative being completely dropped in favor of Special Forces Olympics has just completely killed it for me
(now they are even removing dead bodies from the map)