• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I love pve coop stuff, I want this but after discussing it with an buddy will wait for an price drop. We are still playing that alien game coop. (recommended between if you are playing with one or more friends)

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
ok..just now realized this is 3 player coop...after so many Rainbow Six games with my 3 friends, they release a game with one less coop? This effectively ends our coop plans..

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna preload it on Gamepass and give it a whirl at the least.

I quite enjoy Siege but honestly never gave a second thought to Extraction, perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Yea and this isn't even a new thing.
Vermintide had it too. And I believe Back 4 Blood has it as well.
This isn't the same thing, in Vermintide and the other games it's just a respawn mechanic, in Extraction you literally lose access to a character until you go on a mission to save them.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Sounds about right, wasn't expecting this to set the community on fire but it'll be a nice game to dive into this weekend with my bud.

Oct 27, 2017
Applying solid fundamentals from Siege to a L4D type game on a budget price seems to be a recipe for a win in my book. some of the little roguelike elements of having to extract a fallen operator or go back for a rescue later and taking an XP hit if you fail is actually really cool as well.

Seems like it gives the game some dynamic and enjoyable approaches to trying to keep things fresh. I'm sure it will ultimately hit a peak of being a bit stale once you start maxing some operators out but it's an interesting system designed to keep you playing with multiple characters and not just park it on your favorite all the time since they accrue damage and need to rest in between levels like OG R6.

I think the whole alien concept is kind of silly but the original limited event that this is based on was ultimately a fun experience so I'm not that shocked this turned out to be pretty enjoyable as well. Definitely going to pick it up.

Do any reviews discuss playing Extraction solo?
From what I've seen, it's not really meant for that but you can do it of course. If I'm recalling correctly it does tailor objectives around whether or not you're playing solo or with others. But there are apparently spore "damage over time" effects that can attach themselves to you I need to be cleared with a melee, it's unclear if that still happens if you're playing solo or not.

Last edited:

Pravus

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Modwhining; Metacommentary
SkillUp does not recommend Rainbow 6: Extraction.

Shhhhh, we're not allowed to talk about reviewers that are banned because they said something negative about our forum.

On topic, looking forward to trying it on GamePass. BF2042 has been my go to for MP lately and my interest in Back 4 Blood quickly dried up. Hoping it's somewhat enjoyable without 3 friends to join and play with.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Is it possible to play this solo?
Yes, you can play it solo.

Looking at a lot of the PC reviews and I'm disappointed in them. Mainly because I also reviewed the PC version and they haven't even mentioned how the game's performance, the features such as DLSS and Reflex (which is so good). The game isn't bad, but it isn't a Left 4 Dead 3, and it was never meant to be that way. It's totally playable, it does have some rough spots and it is very grindy as you have to level up each operator individually. But playing in a group is rewarding and fun, as long as you play as a team.

Game balancing is definitely an issue as many have said. It's definitely overturned and that needs to be addressed. It's like the game has a hard-on for you most of the times. Still, the game is serviceable and as long as Ubisoft is paying attention to the reviews and feedback, I'm sure they'll adjust it.

Tossing in our review as well. The Outerhaven's review of Rainbow Six Extraction PC - 4.5/5.

If you have any questions regarding the PC version, let me know.

Last edited:

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Reading it is not casual friendly,even on the easy difficulty because of the penalties for deaths...like an agent dies,you have to redo the map he died in to heal him or get him back...? what ??
That's part of the game, but you don't have to do the entire level. For example, you lose an operator to MIA and you go back to the level. It's random where they'll be at. It could be the first, second or third mission on that level. However, you don't have to do the other missions and can head directly to the next level. You won't get completion points, but it makes it easier to rescue that operator.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Based on the reviews this seems like a good gamepass game. I would probably not shell money for this otherwise.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Beta was weird. I liked the pace and tenor of the game, but the level designs were so generic. They really missed the great "real place" vibe of Siege. Gamepass seems like the right home for it.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
But there are apparently spore "damage over time" effects that can attach themselves to you I need to be cleared with a melee, it's unclear if that still happens if you're playing solo or not.

Spores are still an issue in solo play, with no way to clear them. The DoT isn't bad, but they blind you with a gas when they go off so you don't want to be in combat when it happens.

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of those games that made me think, "who asked for this?" I really don't think many people in the Siege community are too thrilled by a zombie co-op game... It looks cool I guess? But don't think I'd touch it until it reaches GamePass.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't find it on UK Game Pass. Is it due to launch later or something?

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
5 / 10
Rainbow Six Extraction is clearly not for most casual gamers. In fact, I would go so far to say that it feels like it's built for hardcore players only. Unless Ubisoft plans to massively tweak difficulty settings and play styles in the near future, Rainbow Six Extraction could end up being one of those titles that get lost between the couch cushions.
I wish someone had balls to write nonsense like this in Elden Ring review.

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those games that made me think, "who asked for this?" I really don't think many people in the Siege community are too thrilled by a zombie co-op game... It looks cool I guess? But don't think I'd touch it until it reaches GamePass.
Launches on GamePass.

It's also based on the Operation Chimera even that was quite well received from some years back.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Weirdly cynical take, considering it's reviewing much better than everyone anticipated?
How is 72 meta and 74 OC "much better than everyone anticipated"? Were people expection a 50-60 range lol?

It's reviewing worse than Siege did at launch and that game sure had a ROUGH launch at the time, imagine repeating the same mistake after all the good work made over the years

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
How is 72 meta and 74 OC "much better than everyone anticipated"? Were people expection a 50-60 range lol?

It's reviewing worse than Siege did at launch and that game sure had a ROUGH launch at the time, imagine repeating the same mistake after all the good work made over the years
I'm literally just going off of all of the comments in this thread, which is a chorus of "huh, better than I expected!"

As for Siege, I played through the beta and was paid to review it at launch. I gave it an excellent review, because despite the server issues, it was an incredible and clearly-groundbreaking game. It's kind of hard to compare any FPS at launch to what Siege was pulling off. It has what is about to be a 7-year legacy so far, so saying that any game is reviewing worse than Siege did isn't exactly the slam you seem to think it is.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Reading it is not casual friendly,even on the easy difficulty because of the penalties for deaths...like an agent dies,you have to redo the map he died in to heal him or get him back...? what ??
You'd have to be pretty bad for the easy difficulty to be an issue. If you lose an agent in a mission, yes you get a 'rescue the agent' mission as one of the three objectives the next time you play but - if you're REALLY bad - you could just enter the mission and if it's not the first mission, extract and try again until it is. That gives you a pretty good chance of making it through.

And I say this as a guy who has a 4 year old who managed to beat the first mission without having a clue what the objective was. He just went room to room shooting stuff that moved or made sounds - aliens, TVs, telephones...

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
Yes, on the low and medium difficulty. Gets a bit harder after that but I'd definitely give it a shot. It's surprisingly tense when you're trying to stealth around, using audio to keep track of the enemies. The shooting is great, as you'd expect.

solo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MXF84AzSi4

random co-op (still processing) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jevkQkpcIO0

Thank you AntiMacro . I wanted to know about solo play as well. It sounds good, solo or with friends.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Yep. Foundation is really solid. If it gets the same post launch support as siege, this will be fun. Im digging the more stealthy gameplay, its not your typical horde mode coop shooter game