• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (4 Months): Advocating Violence
I am unsure as to how this would affect his ability to be an effective transportation secretary. Unless you believe the transportation secretary is in charge of drone strikes.

Again, I don't know if he would or wouldn't be good in the role but cabinet roles should are importantly and should be judged on their suitability for the position first.

he should be shot in the fuckin head, not given a position of authority over fuckin anything

fuck him

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
I mean....not actually a surprise:

www.dailyposter.com

Biden’s First Climate Appointment Is A Fossil Fuel Industry Ally

The White House’s liaison to the climate movement will reportedly be Rep. Cedric Richmond — who has raked in big money from the fossil fuel industry while voting to help oil and gas companies.

"On Tuesday, Politico reported that Biden is appointing U.S. Rep. Cedric Richmond, D-La., to lead the White House Office of Public Engagement, where he is "expected to serve as a liaison with the business community and climate change activists."

During his 10 years in Congress, Richmond has received roughly $341,000 from donors in the oil and gas industry — the 5th highest total among House Democrats, according to previous reporting by Sludge. That includes corporate political action committee donations of $50,000 from Entergy, an electric and natural gas utility; $40,000 from ExxonMobil; and $10,000 apiece from oil companies Chevron, Phillips 66 and Valero Energy."
Normal is gonna be so fucking great guys.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Bad move, if true. That being said, guessing this is one of many "friends of the candidate are spreading rumors to try and drum up public interest" stories and hopefully it doesn't pan out.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I don't give a fuck if he'd make a good transportion secretary. I doubt it's hard to find a decent transportation secretary.

The problem is the fucking ruling class of this country needs to have any accountability, and this is a dude who very recently was one of the biggest enemies of BLM with his shameful handling of police accountability. Him being doing that shit and not being punished but rewarded with a cabniet position is exactly the sort of thing that make this country and parties ruling it such shit.

Nov 2, 2017
Rahm Emanuel is a fucking ghoul who should never be able to see the light of day, but if you want the extra gross level on which this is a fucking horrific idea: when Rahm was the mayor of Chicago he was pushing for dumping a bunch of money into Elon Musk's stupid fucking car tunnel.

That's bad enough on it's own, but it's extra reason why you don't want Rahm anywhere near Secretary of Transportation.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Yes that poster is clearly a right-winger, as evidence as his disgust at democrats considering a horrible human being for any cabinet position. Truly you've cracked the case. /s

interesting how these people that are too gosh darn principled to bother voting against someone like Trump vote also always seem to spend 100x as much time bashing dems as they do republicans

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
interesting how these people that are too gosh darn principled to bother voting against someone like Trump vote also always seem to spend 100x as much time bashing dems as they do republicans

Just because they don't spend time on a liberal forum bashing republicans doesn't mean they love republicans. Maybe people bash democrats because they have actual issues with them? Like, for instance, not wanting a legit monster to be in the cabinet? Or for instance, not appreciating a president that drone struck them? Or is it so binary for you that anyone who has an issue with a democrat is automatically a red-hat wearing republican in your eyes?

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of folks are "under consideration" and I am hopeful the outrage about what a piece of shit Rahm is will torpedo his chances.

I personally think his chances are 0 and LA Metro CEO/Head of transportation for Biden's transition team Phil Washington will get the job.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

This is not hard to understand: bashing Republicans arounds here for being shit is preaching to the choir. We know.

Bashing some Democrats here is useful because it reminds us to think critically about the only people who can represent us and how they oftentimes come up short.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of folks are "under consideration" and I am hopeful the outrage about what a piece of shit Rahm is will torpedo his chances.

I personally think his chances are 0 and LA Metro CEO/Head of transportation for Biden's transition team Phil Washington will get the job.

Hope you're right. Obama appointed a literal Republican to this spot in his admin because the position itself isn't too meaningful in the grand scheme of things, and Biden is real real close with Rahm and his family. Going back to the Bill Clinton days when he was running for president.

And plus Rahm's other shit brother is already on the transition team, so people are rightfully worried that this dude is being a little bit too bold in his wants, and the media and his powerful friends lets him, when he should be excommunicado by this point, for so so so so much.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
If this thread is an indication of this site in the next 4 years, i will look into a way to automatically hide all politics threads. The infighting and jumping to conclusions is already insufferable. I fear that the common enemy that was trump was the only thing keeping this site from burning down..... :(

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
If this thread is an indication of this site in the next 4 years, i will look into a way to automatically hide all politics threads. The infighting and jumping to conclusions is already insufferable. I fear that the common enemy that was trump was the only thing keeping this site from burning down..... :(
Don't you worry, we will shift our attention on Mitch McConnell, and you'll be safe!

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

He's now rumored to take the position of US Trade Representative.

I don't think he belongs in the government.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He's now rumored to take the position of US Trade Representative.

I don't think he belongs in the government.

People seem unaware of how far back Biden goes with Emanuel - back under Clinton they were the one-two punch pushing Clinton to adopt tough on crime laws and "maintaining crime as a Dem initiative", they were both wheeler dealers who liked to balance on the edge of the absurd of promising progress for marginalized with little intent of enacting anything progressive. That Emanuel was appointed chief of staff under obama was Biden's strong recommendation, Biden really went to bat for his character.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

I'm very thankful that AOC is using her platform to say things that might otherwise be ignored.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also what the fuck does this loser know about trade?

God if he gets nominated for anything I hope Chicago goes HAM

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Rahm Emanuel is a terrible human being. He is associated with some of the worst Obama decisions and he was an even worst mayor. No place in the administration and I hope people keep pushing back until he is persona non grata.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

He also did a bunch more ghoulish shit

The fact that he's being considered for anything is legitimately heinous.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
who's this dude and why is he bad? i thought Chicago was relatively progressive?
While our cities are maybe deep blue and "progressive" nationally, they're gripped by some of the worst political machines in the country.

There are varying levels of blue. Most of the people at the top of municipal government are scum and Rahm is the worst of the worst.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously this isn't a progressive or moderate issue. I haven't encountered a single Democrat who has looked into Emmanuel and come to any other conclusion than the dude sucks. He should not be associated with the administration.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
who's this dude and why is he bad? i thought Chicago was relatively progressive?
www.theguardian.com

'Gestapo' tactics at US police 'black site' ring alarm from Chicago to Washington

Shocked politicians and human-rights groups call for inquiries into Homan Square as Rahm Emanuel caught up in swirl of questions over secret facility
www.theguardian.com

Chicagoans detail abusive confinement inside Homan Square police 'black site'

Four black men recall off-the-books interrogation as lawyers claim ‘majority of abuse’ at Homan Square focuses on minority Americans

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
So he was being seriously considered for the position? Jfc.

lol right? Though this is a perfect example of why the left agitates even when we're just talking nominees. Actually, I think this is the reason why the left agitates ESPECIALLY when it's still just nominee candidates.

But Biden and Rahm go waaaay back. They bonded over the death of Rahm's father not too long ago either, so I hope AOC and all remain agitating.

Fuck Rahm.

While our cities are maybe deep blue and "progressive" nationally, they're gripped by some of the worst political machines in the country.

There are varying levels of blue. Most of the people at the top of municipal government are scum and Rahm is the worst of the worst.

Plus "progressive" doesn't really mean shit anyways. Chicago and Boston are some of the most racist and segregated cities in the country, even compared to the South. And it's been like that for...ever?

Civil rights era was dragging "progressive" northern cities for being smiling foxes as they tore their Black citizens apart.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
This news should make people understand why we should make noise now and not wait. Imagine if we stayed quiet about these reports of Rahm joining the admin. We would be hearing about Rahm's nomination today for all we know. Now is the best time to make noise about who we feel is acceptable and who isn't in a Biden admin. As this update to the story shows, it can make a difference.

Last edited:

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020
Well colour me shocked, the President is a puppet.

You know what the most depressing fact is, Trump is the most disruptive President of the modern era .... unfortunately he was disruptive in a scumbag way.

Most of the time nothing really changes under different Presidents, American "Democracy" is owned by big business interests and run via lobbyists.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This news should be make people understand why we should make noise now and not wait. Imagine if we stayed quiet about these reports of Rahm joining the admin. Now is the best time to make noise about who we feel is acceptable and who isn't in a Biden admin. As this update to the story shows, it can make a difference.

indeed. yet I see a lot of blue wave twitter going after AOC for hurting Dems chances to win in Georgia by grilling Rahm...