• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Osh gosh bee gosh, Biden sure is looking good, eh, fellow liberals? I sure do look forward to four years of him getting anything meaningful and beneficial done, ho ho ho

Four years to destroy our based of voters and the Repubs will waltz back into the WH, and with our unpreparedness will likely take the House and Keep/Re-Take the Senate in 2022.

At least the DSA (National party) is reaching out to me to see how my lethargic local chapter can be better.

Anyone who is going to be a Cabinet Secretary has to get passed Mitch McConnel. Thisis no different then when a bunch of random names suddenly showed up in the VP race. It was plants and bullshit.

But to no ones surprise the Bernies are here about how much better things would be with the Guy who could not even win his Nomination.

Funny thing about coalitions to shut down the voice of the people. That voice is just going to grow and grow, and you will eventually be whipped up with that voice.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna be another establishment admin delaying any meaningful progress on climate or economy or health care

A fusion of Karl Marx and Greta Thunberg itself could be President and the results would be no different if both GA Senate runoffs don't end with Democratic victories (and even then it would require eliminating the filibuster).

That said, hell no to Rahm Emanuel. Hopefully not the pick.

Gumshoe

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone honestly think that the choice for Transportation Secretary is going to have any fucking impact on the GA Senate races or the 2024 presidential campaign? Hell does anyone even know who the current Transportation Secretary is? I follow politics fairly closely and I have no idea who is in the post.
Follow more closely.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
How is some shit like this even considerable. This guy is a damn crook.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Biden loves his corporate execs and shils. But this was obvious from the beginning so you get what you voted for.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
WlB5OWy.gif

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
will be nice once the actual cabinet is named so people can at least react to those instead of just screaming "I KNEW IT!@!!!" over every single rumor

....although no matter who it is people will probably just whine that Bernie isn't in it anyways I suppose

Dr Funk PhD

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
will be nice once the actual cabinet is named so people can at least react to those instead of just screaming "I KNEW IT!@!!!" over every single rumor

....although no matter who it is people will probably just whine that Bernie isn't in it anyways I suppose

Good God, this place can get so far up it's own ass with this stuff is literally unbelievable.

Like... Are some of you people real or is this like a parody situation. That's a serious question, because if a random unsourced report about a potential transportation secretary can cause this type of insane histrionics, with ALL the shit going on right now, maybe it's time to refocus.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good God, this place can get so far up it's own ass with this stuff is literally unbelievable.

Like... Are some of you people real or is this like a parody situation. That's a serious question, because if a random unsourced report about a potential transportation secretary can cause this type of insane histrionics, with ALL the shit going on right now, maybe it's time to refocus.
Sounds like you don't know enough about Rahm Emanuel. There is a reason that mere mention of his name provokes such a visceral and angry response from people.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
"Under consideration" means a lot of things. It could mean that Emmanuel himself or his allies floated that to show that he wants the job. Perhaps he's actually being "considered" by the transition team, along with who knows how many other candidates.

Being "considered" doesn't mean he's the frontrunner or even in that pack; it doesn't even mean he's in the conversation.

But that said: please, no.

Agree with this. I hope the blowback from this article gets his name crossed off because I don't want him anywhere in the federal government.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Rahm Emmanuel, the chief architect of compromising politics with Republicans, will illicit the reactions you see here especially in light of Republicans today. The fact that his name is being floated today is disgusting.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017

The name of the game is to be preemptive. If these names are being "floated" wether it's a rumor or not, it is important that people unequivocally show their repudiation.

In a different America, a man who covers up the murder of a child by police would get tomatoes thrown at them for the rest of their lives. Instead, we have to live with the fear that they might inhabit positions or power for decades.

Last edited:

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017

Insane histrionics, huh. You're complaining about people being hyperbolic while using words that say criticism of Rahm Emmanuel here is symptomatic of a personality disorder. How about looking in a mirror instead?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I think we're allowed to complain a bit about Rahm, and make our dissatisfactions known that the man still has power to get his name out there and be considered. Because it's a foregone conclusion that the man and Biden are still really great buds, and that Rahm still has a lot of support behind the scenes and in the media.

Also, it's our responsibility to speak up loud and as often as we can. See also: the organization being mounted against another guy angling for power - Ernest Moniz.
thehill.com

Progressives urge Biden away from including Obama energy secretary in administration

A coalition of more than 70 groups, including progressive and environmental organizations, is urging President-elect Joe Biden not to include a former Energy secretary who served with him unde…
A coalition of more than 70 groups, including progressive and environmental organizations, is urging President-elect Joe Biden not to include a former Energy secretary who served with him under former President Obama in his incoming administration.

The groups' opposition to Ernest Moniz, who is seen as a leading contender to reprise his role as the nation's top energy official, stems from connections to the fossil fuel industry and his positions on fossil fuels.

Cool story activists, but just calm down and stop catastrophizing until the bad things are certified to happen. No need to make noise or shout your convictions until some rando forum users deem it necessary.

Dr Funk PhD

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory generalizations; numerous bans for similar behavior despite a low post count
Rahm Emmanuel, the chief architect of compromising politics with Republicans, will illicit the reactions you see here especially in light of Republicans today. The fact that his name is being floated today is disgusting.
Wow, so a guy tried to compromise with pre-Trump Republicans? Truly that makes him history's greatest monster and he should be in a re-education camp somewhere.

Rahm is... not great and the compromise policies generally failed but the vitriol that is flowing from this thread is pretty symptomatic of a lot of people's warped view of what politics are now. There's going to be compromise in politics, there just is. This is the definition of politics since it's inception. But I would rather have someone who can effectively implement and administration's goals (which Rahm may or may not be able to do) rather than slavering zealots who are there because they passed some purity test.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
He'd be great in the position. Honestly, his interest and success in Chicago was always with matters of infrastructure and resource allocation.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so a guy tried to compromise with pre-Trump Republicans? Truly that makes him history's greatest monster and he should be in a re-education camp somewhere.

Rahm is... not great and the compromise policies generally failed but the vitriol that is flowing from this thread is pretty symptomatic of a lot of people's warped view of what politics are now. There's going to be compromise in politics, there just is. This is the definition of politics since it's inception. But I would rather have someone who can effectively implement and administration's goals (which Rahm may or may not be able to do) rather than slavering zealots who are there because they passed some purity test.
Compromise policies like covering up the murder of a Black teenager by the cops. Fuck off

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
www.rollingstone.com

No We Can't

Obama had millions of followers eager to fight for his agenda. But the president muzzled them — and he's paying the price
Not only did the White House fail to crank up its own campaign machinery on behalf of health care, it also worked to silence other liberal groups. In a little-publicized effort, top administration officials met each week at the Capital Hilton with members of a coalition called the Common Purpose Project, which included leading activist groups like Change to Win, Rock the Vote and MoveOn. In August, when members of the coalition planned to run ads targeting conservative Democrats who opposed health care reform, Rahm Emanuel showed up in person to put a stop to the campaign. According to several participants, Emanuel yelled at the assembled activists, calling them "fucking retards" and telling them he wasn't going to let them derail his legislative winning streak. "We're 13-0 going into health care!" he screamed. "We're not going to be 13-1!"

Great guy

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017

yeah
Obama said his first chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, was "obsessed" with keeping track of what was essentially a kill list, or a list of top terrorist targets. The former president said Emanuel had "spent enough time in Washington to know that his new, liberal president couldn't afford to look soft on terrorism."

Dr Funk PhD

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I am unsure as to how this would affect his ability to be an effective transportation secretary. Unless you believe the transportation secretary is in charge of drone strikes.

Again, I don't know if he would or wouldn't be good in the role but cabinet roles should are importantly and should be judged on their suitability for the position first.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
What does that have to do with transportation though?

Why would you want someone who covered up the death of a black child by the police to be anywhere near any position of authority?

That's one of the main things. There's tons of people who are passionate about transportation who aren't literal monsters.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Compromise policies like covering up the murder of a Black teenager by the cops. Fuck off

There's just...so much. So much.
Dude is evil as hell, and my entire family still living out in the South Side hate this man's guts.

patch.com

Take It From A City That Knows: Rahm Emanuel Is Bad For America

KONKOL COLUMN: President-elect Biden need look no further than post-Rahm Emanuel Chicago to see hiring divisive former mayor is a bad idea.
It's no secret Emanuel was co-architect of the "three strikes" crime bill that led to the mass incarceration of African Americans — which Biden has called a "mistake" he regrets backing as a U.S. senator. In 1996, Emanuel advised former President Bill Clinton to "claim and achieve record deportations of criminal aliens." He was the architect of the North American Free Trade Agreement that sent American jobs across borders, and so-called welfare reform that only made extreme poverty worse.

But, let's face it, that's old news on a long list of reasons there should be a ban on appointing Emanuel to any job that gives him a say in public policy.
It's the state in which Emanuel left Chicago that is the most troubling part of his legacy, and a harbinger for the damage he can do when entrusted with power. His administration treated Chicago as if it were two cities — one for the rich and powerful, another for the poor and forgotten.

and what follows is still an incomplete list of Rahm failing up as it doesn't even mention Homan Square, which got international fame years back for being an illegal blacksite rife with torture and abuse and largely targeting poor black people.

horman-square.png

Wasn't he a pretty horrible mayor as well? Transportation secretary is whatever, but I wouldn't put him in consideration based off thst fact alone.

Oh definitely, see above. The idea is that the man shouldn't be anywhere close to having any sort of power, and that's why his somewhat decent record when it comes to just transportation is insufficient. Because ideally, we'd want a guy in there with about 100x less baggage than Rahm brings.

Rahm can sit on the sidelines, or more preferably he can go sit in the dustbin of history where he belongs.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Rahm Emanuel is a genuinely terrible person that ran Chicago like shit, continues to be an opponent of progressive policies, have terrible political instincts, compromise with Republicans beyond what's necessary, and--to put he cherry on top of this shit sundae--covered up Chicago police's murdering a black child. Given his record here, why are opponents of Rahm even being in consideration for a position of power being is characterized as being "histrionic?"

Hell, if it is true that names are floated around to see what reaction they'd get, being quiet about our opposition to Rahm is the last thing we should do. Us being loud and "histrionic" is us telling the powers that be (namely Biden) that Rahm is unacceptable during a time when Biden is listen. I don't understand why this is difficult to understand.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck off.

This is why I don't vote for Dems. They try to hold the left hostage and then turn around and exclusively work with the right once in power. Rahm shouldn't even be allowed to show his face in civil society.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I am unsure as to how this would affect his ability to be an effective transportation secretary. Unless you believe the transportation secretary is in charge of drone strikes.

Again, I don't know if he would or wouldn't be good in the role but cabinet roles should are importantly and should be judged on their suitability for the position first.

why are you defending a guy you know nothing about?

Oct 30, 2017
I shook his hand once before getting on the El when he was on the campaign cycle to get reelected. Joke was on him because I couldn't even vote for him because I didn't live in Chicago.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Mussolini did some....not great things but you can't deny he'd be a good fit for transportation secretary.

I know he didn't actually make the trains run on time and it was propaganda.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I mean....not actually a surprise:

www.dailyposter.com

Biden’s First Climate Appointment Is A Fossil Fuel Industry Ally

The White House’s liaison to the climate movement will reportedly be Rep. Cedric Richmond — who has raked in big money from the fossil fuel industry while voting to help oil and gas companies.

"On Tuesday, Politico reported that Biden is appointing U.S. Rep. Cedric Richmond, D-La., to lead the White House Office of Public Engagement, where he is "expected to serve as a liaison with the business community and climate change activists."

During his 10 years in Congress, Richmond has received roughly $341,000 from donors in the oil and gas industry — the 5th highest total among House Democrats, according to previous reporting by Sludge. That includes corporate political action committee donations of $50,000 from Entergy, an electric and natural gas utility; $40,000 from ExxonMobil; and $10,000 apiece from oil companies Chevron, Phillips 66 and Valero Energy."

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
I think I need a refresher on him. I know he was a super rude and mean person. But what did he do to make him a bad choice. Like I read above this was an area where he did well in Chicago.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017

"pre-Trump" republicans is really funny, as if that's a meaningful difference. you mean george w bush republicans? those guys don't pass my "purity test" either sorry

kaytra

Oct 27, 2017
i will never understand why and how the democratic party thinks having Rahm involved is a good thing. NO ONE FUCKING LIKES HIM