• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Washington (CNN)Former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is under consideration to lead the department of transportation, people familiar with the matter say, a move that lol.would enrage progressive activists if the former Illinois congressman and White House chief of staff in the Obama administration was ultimately nominated to join the President-elect Joe Biden's Cabinet.

Emanuel has expressed his interest in the post, telling allies that the nation's infrastructure challenges are so dire that a person with experience from the executive and legislative branch would be an asset

www.cnn.com

Rahm Emanuel under consideration to become Biden's transportation secretary | CNN Politics

Former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is under consideration to lead the department of transportation, people familiar with the matter say, a move that would enrage progressive activists if the former Illinois congressman and White House chief of staff in the Obama administration was ultimately...

what lol.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): trolling
Osh gosh bee gosh, Biden sure is looking good, eh, fellow liberals? I sure do look forward to four years of him getting anything meaningful and beneficial done, ho ho ho

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Thanks for the crucial support for this election, progressives, may I direct you to the underside of this bus?"

Just gonna be another establishment admin delaying any meaningful progress on climate or economy or health care

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
"Under consideration" means a lot of things. It could mean that Emmanuel himself or his allies floated that to show that he wants the job. Perhaps he's actually being "considered" by the transition team, along with who knows how many other candidates.

Being "considered" doesn't mean he's the frontrunner or even in that pack; it doesn't even mean he's in the conversation.

But that said: please, no.

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
"Under consideration" means a lot of things. It could mean that Emmanuel himself or his allies floated that to show that he wants the job. Perhaps he's actually being "considered" by the transition team, along with who knows how many other candidates.

Being "considered" doesn't really mean anything.

Whoever keeps floating his name needs to stop.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

Being "considered" doesn't mean he's the frontrunner or even in that pack; it doesn't even mean he's in the conversation.

A lot of times it's people floating the idea to gauge reception. So people should make it clear that Rahm should not be in the Administration.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Whoever keeps floating his name needs to stop.
Well, I agree with that.

But "people familiar with the matter" is so vague as to be meaningless. Again, this could be as simple as Jen O'Malley Dixon returning a call to Rahm's team and saying, "Thank you for your interest."

None of this means anything.

A lot of times it's people floating the idea to gauge reception. So people should make it clear that Rahm should not be in the Administration.

This is a good point. I agree with you.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Transportation Secretary is probably the one cabinet position that Emanuel would be fine in

May 26, 2018
I'd like to think Biden isn't seriously considering the man, considering the man was despised in his own city and IIRC partially responsible for dissolving Obama's progressive grass roots system. It would be ... unwise.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

This.

Just say no or refuse him.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Oh god damnit.

I mean, what were we expecting? But..still..Fucking RAHM? Did you feel that? It was as if all of chicago groaned at once....

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Be careful about these kinds of stories. You get people putting their names out there via the press to drum up support for themselves.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Rahm is garbage and I would be sorely disappointed if Biden gave him any admin job. I also don't know what the fuck about Rahm's record makes him think he's entitled to be Transportation Secretary.

That said, 90% of the time these articles are just friends of applicants (or the applicants themselves) trying to boost their profile through the media and not actually rooted in what's happening or will happen. For weeks stories like these were pushing Lael Brainard as Biden's #1 choice for Treasury Secretary when it turns out she hasn't even really talked to the transition since election day!

Why the fuck would you announce this sort of shit BEFORE the Georgia votes??
This is not an announcement though.

Zii

Oct 27, 2017
Rahm tried to cover-up the murder of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. He's a horrible piece of garbage.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Did he do great things in that area in Chicago?
As a Chicago resident, Rahm made significant improvements to sustainable transportation infrastructure across the city during his tenure as mayor. It's undeniably a huge positive of his legacy and if that was the only qualification, then I'd say he'd be a very solid pick for Transportation Secretary.

But with all of his baggage? Fuck. No. Fuuuuuuuck No.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is no way Warren or Sanders will have any meaningful role in this administration. And no, it's not because Biden will want to keep the Senate safe from GOP.

It's because to him and every other Democrat with power, progressives are nothing more than useful idiots.

Better than Trump, no shit, but I hope everyone is prepared to throw a glass of water in the faces of everyone who thought everything would be fixed just by returning to the status quo that led to Trump in the first place. Only fix is everyone better be ready to hold Biden and his admin of moderates and centre-rights to the coals when they have to

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would you announce this sort of shit BEFORE the Georgia votes??
Because the Dem establishment thinks this shit is how you win votes while proposing radical, dangerous legislation like "maybe people shouldn't go bankrupt to get medical treatment," "maybe we should stop everyone from literally burning to death" and "maybe we shouldn't give so much power to to cops to kill anyone who they just feel like killing for no damned good reason" can neve win.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
trNUHtSwgooDLBuaNqS0.png