• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Folks are trying to guilt trip and insult others into using a video game store without at all acknowledging or even being knowledgeable of the repeatedly stated reasons for not doing so.

Stop, learn, think and then try again.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
uvou947.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally confused on why it matters which store front it's on... It's literally one click.. it's not like you have to get up and do anything.. so silly lol

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
People saying you'll play the console version instead I am calling your bluff. Have you seen the FOV of rage 2 in all the trailers? It's as bad as no man's sky it's unplayable. I'll be buying it on the Bethesda store but I'll be waiting a whole week after launch for that inevitable 50% discount.

Call my bluff when I can get it for $20 if the SP is regarded as really fun. Haven't noticed the FOV issues you mentioned but have only seen a couple of trailers, I'll look for it next time and maybe eat my words.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Now that we could finally choose the OS of our computers if we play on them. Now everyone does this.
The problem with being magnanimous is that you can't count on anyone else to return the favour. Nothing Steam has done for PC as a platform in the past will mean shit when publishers examine whether or not they can make more money in the future by moving off it.

I'm just dissapointed... After the Win10 Octobers Update I couldn't handle it anymore. Just put Linux and everythings works nice. Even games without being done for Linux... Gaming has always been one of the factors why people won't go Linux. Now we have a chance to change that. And to make all that "SANE COMPETITION" against Windows.

I just don't even know what to say anymore regarding this things...

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'm totally confused on why it matters which store front it's on... It's literally one click.. it's not like you have to get up and do anything.. so silly lol

idk, maybe it matters because some stores are actually good and some a broken pieces of shit???

It's the launcher that's so broken, Bethesda send a warning not to use it.
It's the launcher that repeatedly forgets about your games installation and redownloads the game
It's the launcher where bethesda devs forgot to implement an uninstall button
It's the storefront that leaks your personal data if you've ever used their support

It's basically the same as steam, with a different icon.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
To each their own, but you should be wary of giving your personal info and credit card details to a company that can't even do a basic helpdesk ticket system without it leaking everyone's personal information. That just happened.
Maybe i will buy the game on ps4 pro if the 60 fps are stable.
Thanks for the info.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The mods really need to take a look at Steam/PC threads more closely. There is so much bad faith posting. I think I'll just keep this shit on ignore in future. Better places to discuss pc gaming.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bethesda isn't going to get much of my money anyway.

Also, I prefer to buy on Steam where all my other games are.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
What will happen to Steam if Capcom, Square-Enix and Namco set up their own storefronts as well, now that Epic is seemingly going to pull the high-profile indies away? Interesting times ahead for sure.
Haha. That would be something. These guys can't even really deliver a good port with any consistency.

I use Steam and Battlenet. The ONLY game I use Battlenet for is SC2. I want all my games in one place, which is currently the best place to own/play PC games.

Yeah. I usually stick to Steam and GoG. But the point is that PC Era is open to other launchers if they bring something to the table. Unfortunately, most don't.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
can bethesda even afforc rage 2, doom and wolfenstein young blood to completly bomb on pc? because you know they will, if you don't have EA money to take the damage it sounds kinda insane to pass on a 96 million ppl userbase on steam

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can pinpoint the exact moment Valve lost Bethesda. When paid mods were killed after their brief introduction.

Jun 7, 2018
Fuck every one of these unnecessary launchers. That being said, I really hope Doom Eternal is on Steam, but I'm doubtful.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Like hell I'm putting my personal information on whatever service they have. I can trust Epic with their store but I'm never trusting Bethesda after the mess they made recently.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm out I put up with this launcher until quake came to steam and I'm not doing it again

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so happy to see these competitors actually take it to Valve. I love Valve but they have totally got complacent. Now they are going to have to get their asses in gear instead of adopting that "When it's done" attitude they've been stuck in for years.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Hektor, you don't understand though. Competition is good. I learned this in ninth grade economics.

Indeed, steam has been sitting on their laurels for far too long.

The mods really need to take a look at Steam/PC threads more closely. There is so much bad faith posting. I think I'll just keep this shit on ignore in future. Better places to discuss pc gaming.

They did, but turns out this is the kind of quality discourse they envision to thrive on this forum.
It's literally official policy. "We" had an argument about that in the steamthread some time ago.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
no steam, no buy.

Getting real tired of having to manage 10 fucking game clients. Steam, Origin & Windows Store (though I dislike it) for me, if it's not on those, then pass.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who makes regular use of Steam features like in home streaming and family sharing (my son has his own PC and steam account), I guess this is another one to cross off my list.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Alrighty then.. it seems like i won't be buying any Bethesda product from now on(unless its on steam)... they can shove that 100% share and exclusivity down their throats for what i care... Iam happily wishing for these services to turn into a disaster with all of my heart as long as they continue this criminally anti-consumer practices.. same goes for epic. Steam client/store offers a gazillion times better features and support for me and i trust Valve personally a lot. I'd rather buy from GOG then from any other store aside from steam. See ya.

I hope people don't paint this.. oh look another one with the 'no steam no buy' thing. There are multitude of reasons why iam saying this and most all of them are relate to Steam offering me the best of the best when it comes to PC digital clients/storefront/support/reliability and trust.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I think it is fair that people do not want 10 launchers on their computer and all their games spread out on 10 separate accounts. The Bethesda launcher especially has been proven problematic in the past. If you are talking about other stuff, perhaps you are right, but I think this thread has merit.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed, steam has been sitting on their laurels for far too long.

They did, but turns out this is the kind of quality discourse they envision to thrive on this forum.
It's literally official policy. "We" had an argument about that in the steamthread some time ago.

Don't worry, a new policy will come about how it's platform warring to criticize Epic Games launcher or Bethesda one. There's already one in place for Windows Store.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm grateful we have competition with a terrible launcher. I'm okay with the complete lack of features. No refund is fine too. Data breach through tickets is good too. At least, we have competition.
It isnt about a different icon on the PC.

Its about BPM.
Its about Streaming.
Its about Linux support.
Its about a downloader that doesnt destroy your system (see FO76).
Its about a client that doesnt give out my information (Beth Launcher).
Its about a client where I can buy in my currency instead of paying twice or three times as much.
It's the launcher that's so broken, Bethesda send a warning not to use it.
It's the launcher that repeatedly forgets about your games installation and redownloads the game
It's the launcher where bethesda devs forgot to implement an uninstall button
It's the storefront that leaks your personal data if you've ever used their support

It's basically the same as steam, with a different icon.
These basically mirror my thoughts on the Bethesda launcher

I actively use other launchers to buy and play games because many of them offer something other than exclusivity to entice me.

The Bethesda Launcher promises me nothing but issues and lacking features.

It's so damn easy to spot people that aren't PC gamers in these threads too. Just a different icon, lmao.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I can't handle all of this positive competition for consumers.

This went from a buy on PC to maybe a redbox/gamefly rental on console now. Congrats Bethesda you played yourself.
Not only "positive" for the consumers, but also for the developers. This shit won't fly for long ...

Bethesda will lose some serious money with this move. It won't be worth it.

Hope that others thinking about doing the same are watching.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I respect Bethesda wanting to operate their own store but I think it would be better to still allow their games to be downloadable either via Steam or GOG.
They can incentivise customers to come to their store by making the Bethesda price lower than elsewhere.
This approach just makes me not want to buy your game.
I already have Steam, GOG, Humble and Origin accounts. Its a struggle to remember the login information for my Origin account because I never use it aside from the few EA games I have on there. I'm not adding another one to that just to play Rage 2.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I'm so happy to see these competitors actually take it to Valve. I love Valve but they have totally got complacent. Now they are going to have to get their asses in gear instead of adopting that "When it's done" attitude they've been stuck in for years.
I guess you are also happy that you will have your personal info leaked to the world when you will use that piece of garbage store.

Status
Not open for further replies.