• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predictions

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • 95-99

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 90-94

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 85-89

Votes: 89 16.8%
  • 81-84

Votes: 216 40.8%
  • Below 81

Votes: 208 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lordy16

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the game doesn't have enough substance from these early reviews.

That's a shame, was really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this one. Maybe it'll get worthwhile DLC for a GotY edition that'll make it solid experience down the road.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
honestly the best shot this game has at relevancy is if its metacritic score ends up being 69 and people can keep posting its a nice score

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
It feels like two games mashed together and they don't really work well or in concert. It's really strange to have this great shooting, but to get to it you have to trudge around a boring environment.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it'd land in the mid 80s, but the boring open world really hurt the game. Bummer.

Nov 28, 2017
Well, the reviews are exactly what I've expected from this game. I still think it's going to be a lot of fun to play, just like the first one, but definitely at a discounted price sometime in August.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds kinda bad. Days Gone sounded bad too, but people liked it so maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I though after the DG reviews we decided reviewers were all out of touch and not relevant anymore.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

GameSpot 6/10

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/rage-2-review-walker-wasteland-ranger/1900-6417138/

23C6hmi.png

Dphex was right after all it seems.

Oct 30, 2017
Although id were only consultants on this game, I hope some of the criticisms for Rage 2 will translate to Doom Eternal. In other words, don't make a game that hinges on great combat in closed environments go open world for the sake of trying to "be bigger."

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Does the PC version have better graphics? Hearing about muddy textures on console has me worried. And widescreen and 4K support don't mean anything to me. I want better textures and effects if possible

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Damn. RAGE 2 seems like a game that depends on reviews and worth of mouth. I'm not expecting it to sell well.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Why are the prediction choices in the poll so high? Below 80 was a good possibility.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like one to avoid until it's heavily discounted. I'll play a bit of Mad Max and Doom instead.

Mjolnir

Alt account
Banned
May 2, 2019
Interesting that the criticisms against the story is weighted so heavily in the overall evaluation of this game when all the major FPS games I can think of suffer from the exact same flaws with regard to narrative. I wonder what it is about Rage 2 that makes it somehow worse in this regard.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
I was always going to wait for a sale for this one but i'm glad the shooting is great.
It seems it's a good game, not a great one maybe. Still, looks really fun. I'll Definetely pick this one eventually.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that the criticisms against the story is weighted so heavily in the overall evaluation of this game when all the major FPS games I can think of suffer from the exact same flaws with regard to narrative. I wonder what it is about Rage 2 that makes it somehow worse in this regard.
Probably the humour that doesn't land. That sort of thing is the fastest way to annoy someone.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I was curious about the game but the outlet I follow the most gave it a really average review, slightly below that even I'd say, so it'll be "wait for a big sale" for me.
They did like the shooting tbf but everything else seems to fall short.

DustinCanFly

Handsome Phantom
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Butler, PA
We weren't able to get a full review done in time, but one of our producers made a video about his experience with the first ten hours of the game.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Gamereactor Denmark are giving it a 9.
https://www.gamereactor.dk/anmeldelser/726283/Rage+2/

Sounds like how you feel about it will probably depend on how into the shooting and abilities you get. Since that is apparently the part of the game that shines the most. I'm looking forward to playing it, since it is being described as being similar to the Mad Max game avalanche made, and I really enjoyed that game.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Mad Max was very enjoyable despite its low critic scores, so I fully expect DG and Rage 2 to be fun games that just don't resonate with people who play games for a living (and are therefore tired of open worlds, I guess?).

Yeah. Mad Max is one of my favourite games of the generation.

Any of these reviewers review that too?