• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predictions

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • 95-99

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 90-94

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 85-89

Votes: 89 16.8%
  • 81-84

Votes: 216 40.8%
  • Below 81

Votes: 208 39.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You can tell review scores (and our expectations) are fucked when of the 5 poll options one of them covers 0-80 and the other 4 cover 81-100

It's almost as if no one really uses the full scale and anything under an 8/10 might as well be considered poor

Stupid poll options because of stupid people like this:

I'm hoping 90+ but my gut says it will score pretty bad. I'm thinking 70-79 range.

70-79 "pretty bad" smh

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

Oh are we still pretending 70-79 is a good score in gaming? Because it really is not. It usually means the game is not particularly good or has a significant amount of bugs in it. If it's both it will most likely go lower.

And yeah, I wish it was the way it works on IMDb. Anything above 7 is actually pretty good instead of being mediocre or bad.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know, I am even surprised they considered a sequel for this series... I say below 81

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh are we still pretending 70-79 is a good score in gaming? Because it really is not. It usually means the game is not particularly good or has a significant amount of bugs in it. If it's both it will go lower.

All my posts so far have been about how absurd it is that anything under 80 is considered bad

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying it's fucked up that you're not wrong

Edit: That said, a ton of really great games get scores of under 80/100, but that's further proof score aggregate sites are bullshit and we'd be better off without them

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
My review of Rage 2 is up over at USG.

In Rage 2, you punch storage containers to open them. There's no light ding or musical chime as your character happily unearths another find. No, you crush the neon pink lid underneath your power armored fist, scoop up the contents, and move on. Rage 2 is that kind of game.

I had a blast with it, 4 out of 5 stars.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
GameSpot 6/10

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/rage-2-review-walker-wasteland-ranger/1900-6417138/

23C6hmi.png

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/13/rage-2-review

An 8 from IGN

EDIT: (include quote)

With its large open world and vast array of upgrades to earn, Rage 2 feels very much like an antidote for Far Cry fans who have overdosed on that particular style and want a new take on the large-scale shooter-RPG idea. Though Avalanche hasn't quite figured out what makes a world feel alive and dynamic or how to make good use of its vehicles, it absolutely nails the moment-to-moment combat thanks to a Doom-inspired energetic pace that few shooters manage to pull off. Combined with a steady stream of great weapons, abilities, and upgrades, its firefights are constantly reinvigorated even as mission objectives become repetitive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
can y'all post these links with quotes from the review, please? would help me update the op thanks

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
holdin out that it gets high 80s just for my personal enjoyment of the game later but I'm nervous.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017

definedMF

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto Canada
GS gave Days Gone lower and all I've heard is good things about it from people who have played the game... ya this game is gonna be critically panned but loved by the players who play it.

Sadly because the marketing for this has been little (besides their consistent Twitter Ads), and isn't a Sony developed game, the sale numbers will be minimal. Sucks too, Bethesda as a publisher has been so very consistent with their singleplayer experiences this generation.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Oh are we still pretending 70-79 is a good score in gaming? Because it really is not. It usually means the game is not particularly good or has a significant amount of bugs in it. If it's both it will most likely go lower.

And yeah, I wish it was the way it works on IMDb. Anything above 7 is actually pretty good instead of being mediocre or bad.
A 70-79 is definitely "good" just not "very good" or "outstanding". And the meta score doesn't tell the whole story - it could be made up from lots of 70-something reviews, or a wide ranging mix of reviews from bad to outstanding in the case of very divisive games. Some of my favourite games this gen have been 70-something like QUBE2 and Turing Test.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
GS gave Days Gone lower and all I've heard is good things about it from people who have played the game... ya this game is gonna be critically panned but loved by the players who play it.

Sadly because the marketing for this has been little (besides their consistent Twitter Ads), and isn't a Sony developed game, the sale numbers will be minimal. Sucks too, Bethesda as a publisher has been so very consistent with their singleplayer experiences this generation.

The marketing has been little? What? They bombarded us with trailers the last couple of months.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Really looks like it will settle in the 70s atm, nobody is calling it a 9/10 or 10/10.

Lots of 6s, 7s and 8s.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I was too optimistic with my prediction. I have to keep in mind that critics are so much harsher now reviewing open world games.