• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predictions?

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • 95-99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • 85-89

Votes: 131 24.9%
  • 81-84

Votes: 244 46.3%
  • Below 81

Votes: 134 25.4%

• Total voters

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
High 70s i would think.

The map was full with stuff so i think many will cry repetitiveness.

I preordered it and hope the 60fps on pro are somewhat solid.

Last edited:

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
If the open world part is decent, it could score high (85-89). Shooting looks much more fun than original RAGE and that one was 81. The hype for this game is so low though, most likely it'll bomb.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect high 70s. It looks polished and all but also somewhat aimless, like Far Cry meets Just Cause meets Doom but without the individual character of each, resulting in a bit of a mish-mash instead. Glad if I'm proven wrong though.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
High 70s, I think. Low 80s is possible, but a stretch. I think this will be a fun game, but not bringing too much that's new to the open-world formula.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm waiting on reviews. I think it looks super fun, but.... I generally like the "wander around and fuck things up" genre. But sometimes I hate it. It's hard to put my finger on. Like I was one of those Crackdown 3 apologists. Loved it. Loved Agents of Mayhem. Hated Just Cause 3 and 4 though. Maybe it's the cartoony-ness? I do like me some Borderlands too.

So the more Rage 2 leans into the cartoon-y ridiculous, the more I think I'd be inclined to like it. I'm hopeful.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
How did The New Colossus get rated so high? Was it to make up for underrating The New Order. It's definitely not better than Doom or Prey.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
mid 80's though does depend on how well the open world content is and how much it improves on mad max.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I love that Dishonored II is Bethesda's highest critically rated game. I love Arkane so much.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah there's no way this is getting above 80 MC.
Avalance game usually doesn't do well in reviews. JC3, JC4, even Mad Max (which I absolutely love).

I understand Rage2 is a different beast, with ID backing it. But seeing PREY and Borderlands 3 around the corner, expectations plays a slight role when it comes to human reviewers. This is a below 80 MC game - which I will play on PC.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This game feels like the antithesis of the first game it's crazy. It feels like Rage 2 is a lowkey parody of the first one

Robspassion

Jan 10, 2019
I hope the team had enough time to release a polished game. Just Cause 4 was flawed on all plattforms. Just Cause 3 as well. Preordering this game is like a game of
Russian roulette in my opinion.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just Cause 4 was flawed on all plattforms. Just Cause 3 as well
Man how many times do we have to say this

Just Cause 3 and 4 were developed by Avalanche New York, the B Team

Just Cause 2, Mad Max and now Rage 2 are being developed by Avalanche Stockholm. All these games run well... Hell, Rage 2 is 60fps on the Pro and X.

Robspassion

Jan 10, 2019
Yeah I know. I´m just not feeling it with this game. Maybe I just had too many problems with games day 1.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
81-84 sounds about right up it's alley.

I told myself that I would only pick it up at launch if it's indeed either a really good a la DOOM or a masterpiece... Might pick it up later due to the fact Summer is when I'm able to finish my games backlog.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Which is still fine. I don't think I know anyone crying over the changes. Rage was really unremarkable for an id game.
I remember it coming out in the limbo ibetween Ps3/360 to PS4/Xbone transition and it never went crossgeneration.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
There might not be too many reviews initially, so that Metacritic score may fluctuate a bit.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Avalanche track record lately with their open world games hasn't been great so I'm a little cautious going into Rage 2.

Had no issues with Mad Max but since then Just Cause 3 & 4, which Rage 2 looks to be closer to as an experience, then games shit the bed on a technical level.

I'm expecting the base consoles to have some technical issues that could hurt the overall experience, much like what apparently happened with Days Gone. But if they can deliver a mostly stable experience then I'll pick it up after I'm finished with Days Gone. The pre-order bonuses aren't worth splashing out for now to leave it sat on the shelf for a few weeks.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Avalanche track record lately with their open world games hasn't been great so I'm a little cautious going into Rage 2.

Had no issues with Mad Max but since then Just Cause 3 & 4, which Rage 2 looks to be closer to as an experience, then games shit the bed on a technical level.

I'm expecting the base consoles to have some technical issues that could hurt the overall experience,
much like what apparently happened with Days Gone. But if they can deliver a mostly stable experience then I'll pick it up after I'm finished with Days Gone. The pre-order bonuses aren't worth splashing out for now to leave it sat on the shelf for a few weeks.

Man how many times do we have to say this

Just Cause 3 and 4 were developed by Avalanche New York, the B Team

Just Cause 2, Mad Max and now Rage 2 are being developed by Avalanche Stockholm. All these games run well
... Hell, Rage 2 is 60fps on the Pro and X.

Nov 14, 2017

I'm expecting the base consoles to have some technical issues that could hurt the overall experience, much like what apparently happened with Days Gone. But if they can deliver a mostly stable experience then I'll pick it up after I'm finished with Days Gone. The pre-order bonuses aren't worth splashing out for now to leave it sat on the shelf for a few weeks.
JC3 and 4 were done by the B-team, Mad Max and this game were done by the A-team in Sweden.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Voted 85-89. All in with Rage 2. Played the original game last summer and rated it an 8.0/10 for me personally and with the sequel, im expecting an easy 9.0/10. Everything is right up my alley. Days Gone followed by Rage 2 equals open world greatness.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Ive been in a classic style fps mood since late last year and have been playing a bunch of old 90s-early00s fps games. I was interested in this game but I really just want some information already on how the base consoles perform. Sure they said they are 30fps, but is it a stable 30?

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Hoping to pick up this when it's been heavily discounted in a new weeks. The trailers have looked like Doom Lite.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I'm looking forward to this game, and will be playing day one.

However, I don't anticipate it reviewing great. Not sure why, but I'm feeling a 78.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Quite a few aspects of this game suggest modest reviews to me:

- From the developer of, and very similar looking to, Mad Max (which got 69-73 on its various platforms)
- Open world which means a certain amount of bugs / jank are likely, and I've noticed a lot less tolerance for that stuff lately in reviews
- Likely to be divisive due to the humor elements (unsure how much of this is actually in the game)
- Seemingly a fairly repetitive game without a significant story element to compensate

I'll guess 75. I do think it is the type of game I will personally like though.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for this game, and yet, I expect it to review somewhere in the 70s. But that's ok!

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Quite a few aspects of this game suggest modest reviews to me:

- From the developer of, and very similar looking to, Mad Max (which got 69-73 on its various platforms)
- Open world which means a certain amount of bugs / jank are likely, and I've noticed a lot less tolerance for that stuff lately in reviews
- Likely to be divisive due to the humor elements (unsure how much of this is actually in the game)
- Seemingly a fairly repetitive game without a significant story element to compensate

I'll guess 75. I do think it is the type of game I will personally like though.

I'm with you on this one. As much as I really think I'll enjoy this game, I have a feeling critics will not feel the same given the reasons you listed and it will review modestly. I hope I'm wrong though!

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Honestly if the gameplay didn't look so fun I'd think this game was headed for disaster.

Bonus prediction: there will be at least one tasteless joke in the game that will cause PR problems for Bethesda / Avalanche.