• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Predictions?

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • 95-99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • 85-89

Votes: 131 24.9%
  • 81-84

Votes: 244 46.3%
  • Below 81

Votes: 134 25.4%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Per IGN
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/05/08/rage-2-review-embargo-date

I now have in my possession a review copy of Rage 2 – specifically the PC version, with PlayStation and Xbox to follow. We're free to post reviews as of Monday, May 13 at 5AM Pacific time, which is when Rage 2 should become publicly available for those of us in the far-flung future timezones of the planet, but if we're being honest here I'm not super confident I'll be able to power through it by then. Avalanche and id's open-world post-apocalyptic shooter is pretty broad, and Bethesda indicates it could take dozens of hours to spectacularly murder most of its inhabitants. (Fun as it sounds, driving around the wasteland blasting goons is also not the ideal Mother's Day activity, to be honest.) But I'll do my best to get this thing nailed down before too long.

Hit me with those predictions, Era
why did i make these images

segment71sejrv.gif

final7sej1i.png

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Anticipation is actually building into hype for me. This has a lot of potential.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
High 80s to low 90s. I think they really nailed it from the previews I've seen.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
In a world where PREY, DOTO, TEW2 and DOOM score lower than Wolf2 and Fallout 4. I don't know how much merit I'd give the press in scoring this.

I think it's gonna be great, anyway. Unashamedly fun.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
In a world where PREY, DOTO, TEW2 and DOOM score lower than Wolf2 and Fallout 4. I don't know how much merit I'd give the press in scoring this.

Yeah, that's what I got from all the RAGE 2 gameplay footage. Just a simple violent shooter set in an open world with interesting interplay between the various abilities and weapons.

Also, LOL at TNC's 88. I forgot it was rated so highly.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
He was talking about RAGE 2's graphics.

In all seriousness, nicely done.

Considering Mad Max and Days Gone's reviews I am not expecting much. My 80-84 range prediction seems optimistic, I think the game has looked good though.
I think when all's said and done, it'll probably settle in the 80-85 range. It does look like another solid game from Bethesda's publishing efforts which is funny when you think about how little many people asked for this game in the first place.

I'm onboard after all the different previews.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Middle to high 80s. I think many people are skeptical, but I think it looks great. Doom mixed with Mad Max, count me in.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Lol at that Fallout 4 score.

Dunno what I'm expecting score-wise, maybe somewhere around 80. Unless it scores suuper low and something is clearly wrong, I don't care either. The game looks like a blast, nothing mindblowing and maybe ultimately forgettable, but a plain fun shooter for a dozen or so hours to fuck around with.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Yep that fallout 4 score got me thinking back on it like, wtf. Every single game that scored lower then it are better games then FO4 imo.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I feel media will do 81-84s, although I want it to be better. I think most critics aren't to generous when it comes to fun FPS games. I mean, how the hell get amazing games with so much attention to detail and great aesthetics like Dishonored 2 and Prey NOT over 90? I don't see Rage 2 to be better than that. Yet Fallout 4 get 87... I mean, I myself spent over 140hours on it and I think it's a 'good' game, but more like 74-82 good.

Then again I hate scores. For exactly those reasons.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've thought it looks pretty good in all the previews, but it feels like there's little hype for its release. I've put myself at a the mid 80s range.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
I hope its really good, game looks really nice graphically and the gameplay looks fast and fun

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
If reviews are decent like I think they'll be, I'll be picking Rage up.

My god, totally forgot Fallout 4 got 87 meta. For some reason I thought it got low 70s.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Goin' 81-84. I feel like it could go higher, but from what we've seen that feels pretty safe.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Low to mid 70s. I just don't think Avalanche is that great at making open worlds. I think the gunplay will be solid, but the driving and open world aspects will be weak. I predict many reviews saying the game would be better off as a more linear experience.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

Bethesda's games have such weird reviews. I don't know if it's because they're mostly niche games or the old review policy, but I feel they're almost all underrated critically.

Dishonored 2, Prey, Evil Within 2, DOOM, and The New Order are all fantastic.

DosDaddy

Feb 17, 2019
Im cautiously optimistic. I think mid 80s if Avalanche havent fucked something up we don't know about yet. I probably won't be able to play it myself until the 15th depending on the download size anyway

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing mid 70s. I haven't seen anything exciting or remarkable about the game in any of the previews, and it looks like it will have a run of the mill story.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping it hangs no lower than 75 but I could see it being a bit higher if they manage to nail the gameplay.

Either way if the game received even mild reviews I'm all in haha.