• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting...I have yet to receive mine but I wonder if it's related to being an Aus/NZ purchase.

Look at your order confirmation email, they don't send a separate "Here's your key" email, the link for your key is in your order email. Scroll down to where it says "
Rage 2 PC (US) - Download Link (download)" and click on the download link to see your key.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Very cool OT. Hoping this is good, love Avalanche but feels like they are falling on hard times with Just Cause 4 being rushed, Generation Zero coming and bombing, they need a win

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just leave this little clip here and post some thoughts in the morning when embargoes are up (I have about 12 hours clocked on the PC).

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
I'll just leave this little clip here and post some thoughts in the morning when embargoes are up (I have about 12 hours clocked on the PC).

Looks really good and smooth/stylish. I just hope it's better than the first game, which was interesting but in the end disappointing.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Look at your order confirmation email, they don't send a separate "Here's your key" email, the link for your key is in your order email. Scroll down to where it says "
Rage 2 PC (US) - Download Link (download)" and click on the download link to see your key.
Yeah sadly it seems the Aus/NZ keys are still waiting on them uploading. I've just sent a message through to see what the ETA on that is but no big deal, got Div 2 to keep playing :P

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
The first RAGE was a piece of cake.
I've played it at launch on PC at max level of difficulty, using a gamepad to not exploit the challenge and it was still so damn easy. It also sucked as FPS: controls and guns were good but most of situations were fragile and uninteresting. Emenies was just smoke in the face: they moved and chatted alot but they sucked in positioning, grenades awarness, pathfinding and other concrete gameplay stuff

In every footage I've seen this one looks the same, but with more style.

When people talk about how this game reminds DOOM 2016 I hope they know that DOOM is a game of substance, with demons doing their fucking job and not a parade of puppets waiting to be wasted while I do Tony Hawk with guns.

mkhashouf221

Dec 5, 2018
is RAGE 2 region locked can't seem to find it on steam in the middle east btw it was there before for pre orders

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Well that'll teach me to read the small print - got it from GMG at a discount but the key is for the Bethesda Launcher, not Steam. Oh well.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Damn, this is Doom 2016 on drugs.

I love it.

it really isn´t. first, the game is much easier than Doom, it also hasn´t this constant arena like barrage, you have to find the action by yourself here...which mostly happens in outposts which need 3-5minutes for a clear, after that it is back to driving around.

the game shines indoor, basically the whole open world part is what drags the game down because when it is linear action it is awesome but yeah, you have to drive around tediously. there is also no clever oldschool leveldesign like in Doom.(finding keycards and stuff, hidden pathways and so on). there are also numerous points of interest where nothing happens at all, there are just a few chests waiting to be looted.(like in Far Cry where it also sucked, i want to shoot and not loot random shit in points of interests)

the biggest offender is, they lock weapons behind random question marks on the map instead of giving them to the player at a good pace. so, sure, you will have youtube videos telling you where to find the weapons but playing blind you will have to clear 30 question marks on the map and hope that there is a weapon there for you. baffling design decision in a shooter...instead of giving you tools for having fun they expect you to do literal busywork to get more weapons, it is annoying.

enemy variety is also really lame, there are 3 or 4 factions which more or less are all the same bar one which teleports around and is armored and a few big enemies but these were all scripted fights so far. the biggest problem is that the AI is really dumb cannonfodder, no flanking, no tactics, just a bunch of guys waiting to get their heads smacked in.

Doom 2016 was a much better game than Rage 2.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
it really isn´t. first, the game is much easier than Doom, it also hasn´t this constant arena like barrage, you have to find the action by yourself here...which mostly happens in outposts which need 3-5minutes for a clear, after that it is back to driving around.

the game shines indoor, basically the whole open world part is what drags the game down because when it is linear action it is awesome but yeah, you have to drive around tediously. there is also no clever oldschool leveldesign like in Doom.(finding keycards and stuff, hidden pathways and so on). there are also numerous points of interest where nothing happens at all, there are just a few chests waiting to be looted.(like in Far Cry where it also sucked, i want to shoot and not loot random shit in points of interests)

the biggest offender is, they lock weapons behind random question marks on the map instead of giving them to the player at a good pace. so, sure, you will have youtube videos telling you where to find the weapons but playing blind you will have to clear 30 question marks on the map and hope that there is a weapon there for you. baffling design decision in a shooter...instead of giving you tools for having fun they expect you to do literal busywork to get more weapons, it is annoying.

enemy variety is also really lame, there are 3 or 4 factions which more or less are all the same bar one which teleports around and is armored and a few big enemies but these were all scripted fights so far. the biggest problem is that the AI is really dumb cannonfodder, no flanking, no tactics, just a bunch of guys waiting to get their heads smacked in.

Doom 2016 was a much better game than Rage 2.
No offense but, why do you keep playing? You clearly seem to hate the game based on your posts in this thread.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Man, game looks like a blast.

Can you quick save anytime? If yes and the combat encounters indeed happen in 5 minute bursts, I'm definitely playing this shit on the hardest difficulty. Should be a ton of fun.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
No offense but, why do you keep playing? You clearly seem to hate the game based on your posts in this thread.

to me it seems the game just isnt very good, not that he's hating the game. The points he makes, that action spread too far apart with nothing in between, weapons hidden in quetion marks instead of having and upwards progression, seem like concrete negative points, not an opinion. And the game also looks like it almost plays itself, with the lack of any challenge and difficulty. Dont know what they were thinking with that. And its Avalanche after all, they really dont know how to structure their games with engaging content. They just throw a map and litter it with points of interest.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I don't understand how they messed up the car combat when it was a blast in Mad Max? How does that happen?

Wanchop

Oct 26, 2017
Malta
to me it seems the game just isnt very good, not that he's hating the game. The points he makes, that action spread too far apart with nothing in between, weapons hidden in quetion marks instead of having and upwards progression, seem like concrete negative points, not an opinion. And the game also looks like it almost plays itself, with the lack of any challenge and difficulty. Dont know what they were thinking with that. And its Avalanche after all, they really dont know how to structure their games with engaging content. They just throw a map and litter it with points of interest.

My personal experience isn't really in line with this - you can drive from one objective to another and ignore everything going on, but I usually get sidetracked every few seconds with loads of outposts, bandit camps and instances of opposing factions fighting in the open world. For instance i got sidetracked for about 10 minutes because i encountered 2 tanks and numerous ground enemies engaged in their own faction war which i butted into. Usually this would be the type of mundane shit that turns me off the game in a couple of hours, but the gameplay here is so much fun that I don't mind it (and I actually can't wait to play it again)

I also find hard difficulty to be a good mix between making you feel op but still providing a bit of a challenge.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
It's encoding on YouTube and will be here - https://youtu.be/LgukOd4t4QI

17 Minutes of Rage 2 PC Gameplay.

Some driving, some shooting, some open world. Just so you can get an idea of what to expect. Does a good job of holding 60FPS for the most part. But there are times, mostly when the game is loading in assets that the frame rate drops for a moment.

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 1700
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
16GB DDR4
Windows 10

Rage 2 Settings: Seen in the video.
Vsync: On
FOV: 90
Motion Blur: Off
1080p 60FPS
Chromatic AB: Off
Resolution Scale (Dynamic Res): Off
Min Resolution Scale: 70%
Automatic Res Scale Target FPS: 60
Anisotropic Terrain Filtering: On
Geometric Details: Ultra
Global Illumination: On
DOF: Off (Makes everything look blurry)
SSAO: Ultra
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA+TAA
Player Self Shadow: on
Dynamic Reflections: On
Shadow Resolution: Ultra
Shadowed Lights: Ultra
Shading Quality: High
Soft Particles: On

Have you played on bethseda launcher? Can you tell me if i can use a gamepad?

Wanchop

Oct 26, 2017
Malta
I don't understand how they messed up the car combat when it was a blast in Mad Max? How does that happen?

To be honest I don't really see how anyone who enjoyed car combat in mad max would hate this.. it's pretty much the same thing with less car customisation and more arcadey handling. The impact of ramming into cars and exploding convoys is still there

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone who played an Avalanche game knows already how this game works.

It's like Mad Max with the Doom 2016 gunplay and some powers.

If you can live with the open world and mission design from Avalanche and love the Doom 2016 gunplay you will love this game.

I can of course just speak for myself but i stopped with Mad Max after 2 hours, 1 hour for Just Cause 3 and around 2 hours for Just Cause 4. Rage 2 i played over 14 hours already...

The game is a 70% okish game but the gunplay elevates the rest big time.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The game will release tomorrow and the metacritic page is still empty! When the reviews will be released?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the open world as barren as it seems. Thats my main concern. Lots of large empty swaths of space with very little engaging activites in between

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Man, game looks like a blast.

Can you quick save anytime? If yes and the combat encounters indeed happen in 5 minute bursts, I'm definitely playing this shit on the hardest difficulty. Should be a ton of fun.

You can save the game at any time. However, if you save during a mission it will always start you at the last checkpoint. Outside of a mission it will place you at the last safe location on load.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Do yourself a favor and just ignore their posts. It's like this with every major release, they get the game early, play the shit out of it before anyone else has it, and then usually whine incessantly about the game.

It's actually quite ridiculous.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Do yourself a favor and just ignore their posts. It's like this with every major release, they get the game early, play the shit out of it before anyone else has it, and then usually whine incessantly about the game.

It's actually quite ridiculous.

On this site I've seen the complete opposite far too many times. People who get early copies tend to be excitebale about the fact they have it early and praise the game more so than it deserves.

I'm finding it actually quite refreshing to read some sober early impressions, in my own miserable way 😂

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
reached the end on nightmare, took me around 16hrs but i did sidecontent. there is still a metric shit ton to do though. i didn´t even had all weapons and skills and i have no idea where they are, i did all question marks on the map...

the main story is more like a big main quest but surely not the meat of the game, this is very much an open world themepark game, the story is just there.

7/10 from me, the shooting is great but happens only in concentrated spots and the open world is not really interesting, console graphics also suck.

no offense but being critical doesn´t mean hating something.

Last edited:

Dusker

Jul 6, 2018
I don't think so, I think they just unlock it everywhere at once. I live in New Zealand, and so it should be technically releasing in 20mins, but the countdown says it will unlock at 11am tomorrow

PC release times vary depending on region:
  • AU, NZ, Asia: RAGE 2 will unlock at 11:01am ET on May 13
  • Rest of World: RAGE 2 will unlock at 8:00pm ET on May 13
  • North America: RAGE 2 will unlock at 12:01am ET on May 14
(I'm planning to use a vpn to play as soon as I leave work today)