• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are people on PC playing the game early? Is there a way to unlock it early on Bethesda Launcher?

Hawk SE

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
RAGE 2 has been amazing thus far, just about nearing the end.

The gunplay is fantastic and frenetic, you feel compelled to play opposite to how you normally would. Car combat is a bit lacking.

Overall I felt in RAGE that I was underpowered in every situation. In RAGE 2, I feel overpowered. Though, some later difficulty areas (marked by skulls) do give you a solid challenge.

Hawk SE

Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
Are the kills over the top like bulletstorm?

For the most part, yes. There's no points or named kills popping off of enemies, but you'll string together sequences that you'll be proud of.

A lot of the time I'll come up to a bandit camp, and I'll toss a wingstick at the nearest enemy, toss a couple of grenades at gas tanks, shoot my assault rifle to soften enemies up, slide to the next one, switch to my shotgun and deliver a blast at close range to finish them off. It feels very kinetic and momentum-based.

You end up just trying different things, and it always pays off.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
For the most part, yes. There's no points or named kills popping off of enemies, but you'll string together sequences that you'll be proud of.

A lot of the time I'll come up to a bandit camp, and I'll toss a wingstick at the nearest enemy, toss a couple of grenades at gas tanks, shoot my assault rifle to soften enemies up, slide to the next one, switch to my shotgun and deliver a blast at close range to finish them off. It feels very kinetic and momentum-based.

You end up just trying different things, and it always pays off.
Sounds awesome cant wait thanks.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The gunplay is fantastic and frenetic, you feel compelled to play opposite to how you normally would. Car combat is a bit lacking.

Overall I felt in RAGE that I was underpowered in every situation. In RAGE 2, I feel overpowered. Though, some later difficulty areas (marked by skulls) do give you a solid challenge.

how many hours have you put in it so far

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
After Days Gone I'm happy to see a 8-11 hours campaign. Long stories are fine but there should be a limit.

I get that. But at 7-10 hours i am just getting comfy with the controls and feel of a game, and if all there is to do is dull side stuff after that...well that isn't $79 cdn of value for me. Hope the rest of you enjoy the ride.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
One of the tech channels on YouTube ElAnalistaDeBits uploaded a frame rate analysis that they since took down from the embargo. Solid 30 on base consoles from what I watch and 60 with small dips on Pro and solid 60 on X. Shadows actually looked worse on Enhanced consoles in the footage and outside of some 3FPS dips the X doesn't look better than the Pro at all. Not good enough at all.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Um, also.... I think I just found a game breaking bug on the PC version. Because I didn't kill a few enemies and the game let me proceed on. When I need to go back to exit a specific area, I can't. Because the enemies are still alive, the door won't open. Yet, there's no way to get the enemies since they're behind the locked/sealed door.

So this game save is fucked. Not too thrilled about this.

Ryugarr

Dec 6, 2018
Um, also.... I think I just found a game breaking bug on the PC version. Because I didn't kill a few enemies and the game let me proceed on. When I need to go back to exit a specific area, I can't. Because the enemies are still alive, the door won't open. Yet, there's no way to get the enemies since they're behind the locked/sealed door.

That sucks I am sorry! I hope you can recover it! Quick question though.... how does the game look on PC?

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Ouch. Can't you just reload the beginning of the mission or something similar?

That sucks I am sorry! I hope you can recover it! Quick question though.... how does the game look on PC?
This. Or at least, can you confirm if the bad IQ, LOD pop-in, shimmering and others are absent from the PC version when maxed?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
We've received our reviewcopy on saturday (on disc), so not every publication's got it on the 8th like IGN.

Because of that, I won't be receiving the disc until tuesday, so I sadly won't be able to give you guys impressions or answer questions before it's in everyones hands. Publishers should just stick to sending out codes, since now our review won't be up until the end of the week at the earliest. Not sure if every publication got a disc though.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
what are some review score predictions?...I'm guessing average scores in the 7.5- 8.0 range...

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
After reading the impressions my guess for the final Opencritic rating is 70.

For comparison, Mad Max was 69-73 on Metacritic (depending on platform); Just Cause 4 was 65-70.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Can also confirm we received our copy just this morning so I won't have my review until the end of the week at the earliest.

Streams can start tomorrow though so I'm sure lots of footage and impressions will be everywhere.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had to cancel my Pre-order on CDKeys because they changed from steam keys to Bethesda.net and after F76, I'm not touching that Launcher again. Any site selling steam keys?

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
just got the plat on days gone. Just in time to start to my next adventure. Bring it on Rage..

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Had to cancel my Pre-order on CDKeys because they changed from steam keys to Bethesda.net and after F76, I'm not touching that Launcher again. Any site selling steam keys?
Is it that bad? I don't mind using other launchers if it can save me some money (except EGS. I can't support them when they continue buying exclusive games).

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
The GMG code lottery failed me this time still waiting :( Also Rage 1 is something, I should stop playing but I don't want to start anything else right now!

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

Are you playing on hard?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Maybe my $56 copy will arrive Tuesday. If it does, I can just beat it quickly and then hope to flip it for $55-60 on Kijiji. But that's risky.

Maybe I'll like it enough to keep it. I just don't game much or collect games anymore. Rage is a great game though.

17 Minutes of Rage 2 PC Gameplay

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
It's encoding on YouTube and will be here - https://youtu.be/LgukOd4t4QI

17 Minutes of Rage 2 PC Gameplay.

Some driving, some shooting, some open world. Just so you can get an idea of what to expect. Does a good job of holding 60FPS for the most part. But there are times, mostly when the game is loading in assets that the frame rate drops for a moment.

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 1700
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
16GB DDR4
Windows 10

Rage 2 Settings: Seen in the video.
Vsync: On
FOV: 90
Motion Blur: Off
1080p 60FPS
Chromatic AB: Off
Resolution Scale (Dynamic Res): Off
Min Resolution Scale: 70%
Automatic Res Scale Target FPS: 60
Anisotropic Terrain Filtering: On
Geometric Details: Ultra
Global Illumination: On
DOF: Off (Makes everything look blurry)
SSAO: Ultra
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA+TAA
Player Self Shadow: on
Dynamic Reflections: On
Shadow Resolution: Ultra
Shadowed Lights: Ultra
Shading Quality: High
Soft Particles: On

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Some driving, some shooting, some open world. Just so you can get an idea of what to expect. Does a good job of holding 60FPS for the most part. But there are times, mostly when the game is loading in assets that the frame rate drops for a moment.
Not gonna lie, music sounds dope

Getting some real Mick Gordon vibes

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 1700
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
16GB DDR4
Windows 10

1080p 60FPS
Thanks for posting, looks really great! Can't wait, hoping Fanatical sends me my key soon!

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Man, I just don't know. I'd immediately jump in if it was $49 instead of $59. I've never really played any Avalanche game before but the footage / impressions of the gameplay really have me intrigued.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
what are some review score predictions?...I'm guessing average scores in the 7.5- 8.0 range...

After reading the impressions my guess for the final Opencritic rating is 70.
For comparison, Mad Max was 69-73 on Metacritic (depending on platform); Just Cause 4 was 65-70.

Definitely think this is going to end up somewhere close to Mad Max score wise. It feels like the impressions in the thread are more a symptom of the honeymoon period, and by Friday it's going to be pretty ugly in here.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it. Steam version. I had fun with Just Cause 4 even, and was impressed by all the videos of Rage 2, also the impressions mentioning Doom 2016.... I am hopeful.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Does Bethesda.net have 2FA yet? Usually a console gamer but don't have a Pro or X so probably will go PC for higher framerates (RX570 + i5 8400 permitting).

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 1700
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
16GB DDR4
Windows 10

1080p 60FPS

The shooting and movement look fantastic.

Is there any footage of the female MC in cutscenes or anything? Curious what her voice acting is like but I've seen nothing.