• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Still not really sure about the actual tone of the game and how it'll work out, but I'll admit the ending of the trailer really made me laugh.

That Rage 1 review.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks like so much fun. Not 100% on board with some of the humour, but the gameplay looks the good kind of OTT.

Day 1 now.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really looking forward to this game. The trailer was pretty good but the ending was a bit tacky past the chuckles at the first RAGE game.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Such a great trailer. After recently playing Sekiro, Red Dead 2, Nier Automata, Inside... Rage 2 looks like exactly what I need right now. Turn off my brain and have some great stupid fun. Day one.

Redlogic

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Tuesday can't get here soon enough, find out if i'm having a boy or girl on Sunday, then Rage 2 on Tuesday. Going to be a great week!

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
the extent to which this marketing campaign has managed to put me off a game I should, by all appearances, be at least somewhat excited for, is really quite remarkable.

like, it's mostly the shitty late-2000s sexism of almost completely ignoring the fact that you can play as a woman that's doing it, but even outside of that, the whole 'tude in these trailers narrated by ranger-bro fuckin sucks.

Oct 29, 2017
The gameplay looks great but the aesthetics kinda bore me. Looks like the similar zany post-apocalyptic style that FC New Dawn, Borderlands, etc have. Ill probably still pick it up though.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that's certainly a trailer to grab people's attention. Think Bethesda have hit exactly the right tone, just need to spam that trailer in as many places as possible and I'm certain they'll have a hit.

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
The marketing for this game has been incredibly consistent — and to me — very effective. I usually spurn these kinds of ultra "meta" video game trailers, but here, I find the editing style and absolute deranged gameplay to work so well together.

I hope to Christ this game is good. It's hitting the right notes for me so far.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the best ending ever to a trailer.

And on the PlayStation channel it's a PS3 at the end đź‘Ś

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
the extent to which this marketing campaign has managed to put me off a game I should, by all appearances, be at least somewhat excited for, is really quite remarkable.

like, it's mostly the shitty late-2000s sexism of almost completely ignoring the fact that you can play as a woman that's doing it, but even outside of that, the whole 'tude in these trailers narrated by ranger-bro fuckin sucks.

you know, it is meant to not be taken seriously and it knows that...the marketing might have thought that it does not really matter if you play as man, woman or an alien in this game and focused more on hilarious stuff and the action. and this is ok.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Between the Walmart leak and the Rage 1 ending, I love how self-aware and meta the marketing for Rage 2 has been. Not to mention how awesome and bombastic the gameplay looks. I've had a good feeling about this one ever since it was revealed, Bethesda has been on a roll in terms of fantastic single player games this gen.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the console versions are good, don't know how well my PC could handle it.

Oct 25, 2017
Between the Walmart leak and the Rage 1 ending, I love how self-aware and meta the marketing for Rage 2 has been. Not to mention how awesome and bombastic the gameplay looks. I've had a good feeling about this one ever since it was revealed, Bethesda has been on a roll in terms of fantastic single player games this gen.
Seriously, give whoever did this a raise. This was inventive.

Oct 27, 2017
the real question is why is the bad guy de nomolos from bill & ted's bogus journey

bjdenomolos7.jpg

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I have no hype for this game, but it looks like it COULD be great. COULD be.... I played the first one through. It was alright, i guess.... If the reviews come out positive I'm back on board. Fingers crossed :)

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
you know, it is meant to not be taken seriously and it knows that...the marketing might have thought that it does not really matter if you play as man, woman or an alien in this game and focused more on hilarious stuff and the action. and this is ok.
if the marketing thinks it doesn't really matter... why has every trailer featured the male protagonist, near-exclusively? 'cause that's a heck of a coincidence, gotta say.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
if someone told me Rage 2 was an original IP that they decided to make into the sequel to Rage I would believe it. The first one was super serious

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Sure would of have been nice to see the female protagonist in the marketing Bethesda. I didn't even know who voiced her till I looked at the Rage 2 livestream.

Funny thing is the devs on the stream couldn't even remember who voiced her but they remembered the male voice actor just fine. Someone offscreen had to tell them.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Trailer was fun. Not a fan of the male voice acting, though.

Nov 14, 2017
Sure would of have been nice to see the female protagonist in the marketing Bethesda. I didn't even know who voiced her till I looked at the Rage 2 livestream.

Funny thing is the devs on the stream couldn't even remember who voiced her but they remembered the male voice actor just fine. Someone offscreen had to tell them.
Who voices her? I'm really curious. Been crossing my fingers for Laura Bailey.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or can anybody find a non-white npc (questgiver, important person) ?

I really liked the trailer and preordered the game but i find it strange that out of many "important" npcs every single one is white.

That can't be true for the whole game can it?

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people on this forum sound so damn miserable

Great trailer, especially for that ending, kudos to Bethesda's marketing, if only Prey 2 and Prey got that kind of support