• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Why the fuck PC users can play either 4K30 fps or 1080p 60 fps depending on their choice but PS4 Pro gotta be 1080P60fps because i say so ?

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
My base PS4 feeling sad and powerless. This one too will be a PS5 purchase next year!

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Love the fact that they chose 60fps over 4k. This kind of game will benefit hugely because of 60fps. Anyone who says otherwise is straight up wrong.

Would of still liked to have the option to make it 4k at 30fps if possible. Have this already paid for on the X. I enjoyed the first game a lot back in the days. Really hope this has a good enough narrative to the game over all the hours. I'm not expecting Last of Us Narrative here but something that's least entertaining.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Do we have any info on the review embargo? The game looks fun, but I'd like to see what couple of my most trusted sites/reviewers say before I bite the bullet.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
The amount of people in her who want to play a fast paced shooter at anything less than 60 is dumbfounding.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Getting this day 1, but hope they've learnt a lot from Mad Max, which was poorly supported... especially as they are talking more like games as a service type language. Still miffed that you couldn't reset the camps and track rings in mad max, meaning achievements were a nightmare to complete (and Im not playing mad max the whole way through again as it was a boring slog doing all the activities).

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Getting this day 1, but hope they've learnt a lot from Mad Max, which was poorly supported... especially as they are talking more like games as a service type language. Still miffed that you couldn't reset the camps and track rings in mad max, meaning achievements were a nightmare to complete (and Im not playing mad max the whole way through again as it was a boring slog doing all the activities).

Having ID doing the shooting mechanics will make this a 1000% better game than mad max.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Because the range of hardware is much better than what's in these consoles? If you want a wide range of options it's PC gaming you are looking for.

Well, they aren't really asking for a wide range of options, just a second one. Plenty of other games on console have multiple performance profiles, it's not unheard of.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Having ID doing the shooting mechanics will make this a 1000% better game than mad max.

No doubt, the shooting/combat looks great. But still not set on the tone, seems to have gone from totally serious right over to the other way of totally silly, but still hopeful that is lands more in the middle.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
It's not about 60fps not being a good thing. The problem is quite clear... the X is faster than the pro - by quite a margin. Essentially here you have both systems running the game at the same quality and the same frame rate.

Sooo... either the pro is seriously dropping frames and is nowhere near 60fps... or the X is really pushing detail and loss everywhere...

But regardless, the systems pushing the same? That doesn't make sense. If the game is hitting 60fps on pro, then it should be able to easily hit 1440p on X at the same detail.

So I have no idea what's going on here but i really hate the way the x is given such a hard shoulder by devs sometimes. Just screams wrong to me.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it won't be an issue anymore next gen. Unless someone decides that they need to do cinematic gameplay because the human eyes can't see more than 24 fps.

My next gen dream is most games being 1800p/60 fps as a base. I play plenty of games on my 4ktv at this setting and I'm hard pressed to notice the difference between 1800p and native 4k.

With HDMI 2.1 allowing 4k120, 30 fps is just so..awful.

Next gen is why I feel like we are seeing more uncapped 60 games with drops. With the new consoles (well at least Xbox) I'm expecting these games to run at a locked 60 at perhaps native 4k.

Last edited:

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
It's not about 60fps not being a good thing. The problem is quite clear... the X is faster than the pro - by quite a margin. Essentially here you have both systems running the game at the same quality and the same frame rate.

Sooo... either the pro is seriously dropping frames and is nowhere near 60fps... or the X is really pushing detail and loss everywhere...

But regardless, the systems pushing the same? That doesn't make sense. If the game is hitting 60fps on pro, then it should be able to easily hit 1440p on X at the same detail.

So I have no idea what's going on here but i really hate the way the x is given such a hard shoulder by devs sometimes. Just screams wrong to me.
This is kind of my issue as well. I'm hoping this means the X version has a ton more detail, shadows, and the like.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
60 fps capped but not locked right? Hopefully the dips are few and far in between if any

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

do you think they should do a special optimization for the Xbox One X? that is too much work, was clear from the get go that this machine won´t be pushed to the max at all because it would be much more work for developers to achieve that.

"just screams wrong" is nonsense imo, you can´t expect that devs will go the extra mile for one console, they will try to achieve an equal level for both upgraded consoles and that is it.

people expected way too much out of the X´s performance advantage...

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
The amount of people in her who want to play a fast paced shooter at anything less than 60 is dumbfounding.

If technically possible, they should give the option of 4k/checkerboard 30fps for the campaign....and lock 1080p/60fps for multiplayer modes down the road.

But also it's about the playing experience they planned from early on. If their vision was based off 60fps gameplay, then I think it's ok to respect that. This is a Studio that should be given the benefit of the doubt. Trusted.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not competitive

Who cares
Everybody. There isn't a single case where 30fps is better than 60fps. Only people who will disagree are people who have never gone back and played something they are used to in 30 then play it in 60+. You will never want to go back. The downgrade is too big.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always pick 4K/30 fps over 1080p/60fps, so I'm definitely disappointed by this. 1080p looks ugly to me now :p

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody. There isn't a single case where 30fps is better than 60fps. Only people who will disagree are people who have never gone back and played something they are used to in 30 then play it in 60+. You will never want to go back. The downgrade is too big.

...or they disagree with you because they'd like the option.

Hell, if it's a rocky 60fps full of tons of dips I bet you'll here even more people asking for a locked 30fps.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

I don't care

I play all of my shooters on my PC in 120fps

I don't care

The framerate limitations will not hinder my enjoyment of a single player first person shooter

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

In your opinion maybe, not everyone prefers framerate over resolution, or else we wouldn't have had the options in the first place.

I wasnt a believer in 60 FPS until recently. After playing Halo, Forza games and some other games in 60, I could clearly see the difference. But I would still prefer the option to choose.

Again, my biggest concern for this right now is its delivery of its narrative. With ID over seeing the gameplay, I'm not too concerned regarding the actual shooting.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
do you think they should do a special optimization for the Xbox One X? that is too much work, was clear from the get go that this machine won´t be pushed to the max at all because it would be much more work for developers to achieve that.

"just screams wrong" is nonsense imo, you can´t expect that devs will go the extra mile for one console, they will try to achieve an equal level for both upgraded consoles and that is it.

people expected way too much out of the X´s performance advantage...
I mean, the X is significantly stronger than the pro. It should easily be able to run the same game, at the same framerate, at a higher resolution compared to the Pro. So it's dissapointing that the large power gap isn't being used.

We'd see this same discussion crop up if the PS4 wasn't running a game better than the base xb1

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
If it's an unwavering rock solid 60 FPS on the mid-gens, it's a decent trade off I guess.

Though an optional high resolution + 30 FPS mode to give the player a choice would have been the preferred solution.