• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deft

Oct 27, 2017
The voice over being all angry and shit gives me some pause, but the gameplay looks fun.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks really awesome, probably won't be a pre-order because of Avalanche Studios past performance and bug problems with Mad Max, but I won't wait long. :)

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
DOOM x MAD MAX x BULLETSTORM = RAGE 2?

I never knew I would want something like this... but I do.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
is this single player only or will there be some form of co-op?

Last edited:

Arx

Oct 25, 2017
Looking really, really good. Gameplay looks really fun!

Really love Bethesda´s commitment to this type of game.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The original RAGE fucking sucked.

This looks certainly better but I have near-zero interest and I don't know anybody that was asking for a sequel.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's some level-design in the final game, not a fan of the open areas, bit other than than the gunplay looks fun.

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone ever like driving parts or stationary gun shooting parts in FPS'? Yet they always return.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like fun. Did they say anything about the story? Do I need to play the first game or can I start with Rage 2?

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone ever like driving parts or stationary gun shooting parts in FPS'? Yet they always return.
mad max as a game is saved by the car combat, and this game is just that plus more

honestly if it was just mad max again with expanded car combat I'd easily buy it. it's by far the star of the show here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Walker is a lame protagonist, mainly because he speaks.
I'd rather a silent character created protagonist.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
control+F "60" and it only brought me the #60 post!

ERA, do we know if game will run at 60hz on consoles?
it looks faster than Rage1 , so if framerate is halved to 30hz it would be a big bummer

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
FUCK, this looking absolutely glorious if you ask me.

One thing that's missing is that you don't play as Grayson Hunt (or it is not voiced by Steve Blum), it would probably be game of forever.

Can't wait.

Hey dicktits, this game ain't gonna pre-order itself.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
control+F "60" and it only brought me the #60 post!

ERA, do we know if game will run at 60hz on consoles?
it looks faster than Rage1 , so if framerate is halved to 30hz it would be a big bummer
I seriously doubt it's 60fps.

This is likely running on Avalanche's proprietary engine, which is super duper CPU bound. Mad Max ran like ass comparative to PC hardware where even really old CPUs were doing like 150 fps in the same game with similar gfx horsepower, and JC3 ran like complete shit on consoles due to cpu bottlenecks.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
I seriously doubt it's 60fps.

This is likely running on Avalanche's proprietary engine, which is super duper CPU bound. Mad Max ran like ass comparative to PC hardware where even really old CPUs were doing like 150 fps in the same game with similar gfx horsepower, and JC3 ran like complete shit on consoles due to cpu bottlenecks.
well, I can;t disagree, that's why I ask.
gamersyde has their presentation video encoded at 1080/60. but that probably was pc.

can't somebody ask them bethesda/avalanche? its freakin' E3 after all!!

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I've written this elsewhere already, but this Mad Max x Bulletstorm x DOOM mashup is the stuff of dreams to me. Also, as someone who did not enjoy car combat in the first RAGE, the car combat in RAGE 2 looks fucking spectacular

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Voiceover wasn't quite edgy enough, More edge required.

Eh. Looks alright I guess. The kind of game I'd pick up at about a 60% discount.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like fun. Did they say anything about the story? Do I need to play the first game or can I start with Rage 2?

The story in the first game is really minimal and inconsequential, so I doubt you'll need to play it to catch up. Really, aside from sharing a name and general theme this doesn't seem all that closely tied to the first game.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
How the hell does this thread have only 90 replies, are you not entertained?! This looks absolutely bonkers, this is the Mad Max game I've always wanted! In Day 0; hypeeee !!

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Eeesh that's some generic Mad Max meets Borderlands... not my "scene" at all but excited for those of you who are into this type of thing. More stuff B pushes out the better. :)

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay in this looks great. I feel like this is the DOOM treatment for rage. Should be a big success.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the gunplay is looking crisp as hell. iD x Avalanche is proving to be a great combo here.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Actually looks rather fun and the weapons sound meaty. Certainly the most exciting game I've seen at E3 so far and the one that looks the most fun to play.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
The original RAGE fucking sucked.

This looks certainly better but I have near-zero interest and I don't know anybody that was asking for a sequel.

*raises hand*

I love Rage. It's a fantastic game if you like a well built FPS. I replayed it a couple months ago on PC and it's still fun.

This, on the other hand, looks batshit crazy. I can see a lot of the Mad Max game in this, which makes sense. I'm not a massive fan of open world games but in this case I think it works.