• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Really disappointed at the lack of a major difference between Pro and X despite the 40% power gap. Both are 1080/60 with minor drops.

It even looks like to me on mobile that Pro/X have worse shadows than base consoles? Shame to see parity between Enhanced consoles.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Not the greatest video capture quality from what I can see. Very difficult to use this to form any kind of judgement.
But what I see tells me that draw distance for shadows is greater in the pro/x.

edit: I even have a hard time believing that the video is 1080p. My recommendation is to reserve judgement until there are better videos out there.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
The line sticking to 60 on the X is a good sign, at least. Played an hour or so on the PC just now and I can't imagine this game feeling right at 30fps.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Never seen a game this gen with such soft image quality, the TAA,FXAA is far too strong, from the video it looks like a 720p game with FXAA.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Not the greatest video capture quality from what I can see. Very difficult to use this to form any kind of judgement.
But what I see tells me that draw distance for shadows is greater in the pro/x.

edit: I even have a hard time believing that the video is 1080p. My recommendation is to reserve judgement until there are better videos out there.
I'm always suspect of the capture quality myself when it comes to youtube videos, but his other videos seen fine.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I'm always suspect of the capture quality myself when it comes to youtube videos, but his other videos seen fine.

You know what, I went back to rewatch some of the other video I've watched today and it looks like some small channels are uploading pc video and calling it ps4pro/xbox one x video.

So now I'm not sure! LOL! Wow, if this is the real deal, it doesn't look great. But I'd think the OT would be full of posts complaining about IQ.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bit disappointing, I was really hoping the game would hit 4K (or close to it) like Doom did. The graphics aren't even that good and it sticks to 1080p, not a lot to check out on the X then.

OP
OP
Railgun

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
You know what, I went back to rewatch some of the other video I've watched today and it looks like some small channels are uploading pc video and calling it ps4pro/xbox one x video.

So now I'm not sure! LOL! Wow, if this is the real deal, it doesn't look great. But I'd think the OT would be full of posts complaining about IQ.
This channel has been doing frame rate analysis for a long time now, they haven't given any reason to doubt in the past. One thing to note however is the devs did say that OG Xbox One is 900P and the TAA is extremely soft which people have noted in the OT.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Man, everybody got Rage 2 except us, it seems ha ha. I just ended up buying it instead.

Dec 17, 2017
Is there something weird going on with the shadows on buildings on X and Pro? It's like they move...
Looks terrible - The comparison of platforms at 0:48 shows the shadow detail on X/Pro rendering in actual waves where on the base platforms it renders correctly. Happens later in the video too, so doesn't seem isolated to that area in the game.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND