• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017

Link
A lethal dance-off for a sweet new ability, a high-flying trip over a hostile open world, a fight against a very angry man in a mech suit… Rage 2 has it all in this brand new extended gameplay video. Don't miss the ending for a sneak peek at what's coming next!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i think there should be some kind of "style meter" for smashing enemies in the air and stuff. shooting looks good, very fast paced, we will see how this one turns out in the end.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That LoD is harsh, trees spazzing out like their life depends on it

Gunplay looks fun though, although I wonder how ubisofty this game is going to be. Mad Max was pure fillerville (nice looking one though).

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Can anyone confirm if there's different weapons? All they are showing is this one assault rifle that seems to have different uses/attachments?

EDIT: Nevermind, later in video shows rocket launch.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Love the ragdolls, I hate canned animations in shooters. Like I have these crazy guns, i want them to crazy shit to targets.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I know this isn't the only modern FPS guilty of this but I've gotten really tired of seeing enemies just stand there and look bewildered when you're rush at them.

Jan 15, 2018
Man, this keeps looking better and better. I'm kinda bummed out that it seems to rely on aiming down the sights to shoot accurately but eh, could be worse.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay looks super fluid and weapons very fun to use but I'm not sure about the FPS X Open-World aspect, it might be repetitive fast.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, that depth of field needs to be turned way the ef down. It's comically overdone.

YEah the depth of field feels really distracting to me here. I think they're trying to make it the opposite, so you hone in on what's around you as opposed to long distances, but the very high level of blur in intermediate distances feels really distracting to me

Makes me think that while it's an open game, they're really focusing on close, arena-esque combat, which might be a nice diversion from other large open shooters, still hoping you can tune that down a bit.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This looks SO fucking good. This is what I wanted to be feeling watching crackdown 3 gameplay. Never thought in a million years I'd be this psyched for a sequel to one of the most disappointing games of last gen.

It looks real nice too with a great art style and seems to be running at a fair clip. It might be just the game to wash the taste of RDR out of my mouth.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks sweet, I doubt most gamers will be able to pull off sick moves like the person playing this. ;)

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Everything looks smooth and fun, but is the player with godmode or something? He literally doesn't get hit. Maybe easy difficulty

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks incredible. Not sure I have time to play it with so many good games out right now.

ray_caster

Nov 7, 2017
The weapons look really creative, the movement looks fluid, and the combat looks hectic. I hope the open world adds something to the experience. Even so, this is my most anticipated game this year.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic. That iD gunplay is so smooth. Can't wait for this game.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This looks to be just the same B-Roll footage they gave press a week or two ago for their hands on previews as I've already seen most of this in the EZA preview video since Huber said they weren't allowed to record their own footage.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Haven't felt this way about a single player FPS in a while. This just looks incredible graphically and super fun!

The AI looks bad though, especially when you compare it to FEAR which was released many years ago

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aesthetically this is what I wanted Crackdown 3 to look like, albeit from another perspective. But from a game play point of view this looks bat shit nuts.

Love the overdone depth of field.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Did not have high expectations but this looks really good. It is day one for me now as older Id games was.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
This looks to be just the same B-Roll footage they gave press a week or two ago for their hands on previews as I've already seen most of this in the EZA preview video since Huber said they weren't allowed to record their own footage.
Yeah it is, but the swamp part after he gets off the glider at the end of the video seems to be new. Or at least it wasn't in EZA's preview.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Having all of these abilities at your disposal really does make the game look a million times better. I hope they don't gate these off for hours and hours, because the actual gunplay when it isn't complemented by the crazy shit looks pretty bland.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Looks really fun. Definitely getting the game. Did anyone notice the image quality being bad during gameplay, but suddenly got clear when the camera switches to showcasing a location? It's weird.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap this looks amazing! And I don't even like first person shooters! The abilities looks so much fun and the variety in the form of cars and hovercraft and boss fights etc really makes it stand out.