• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 3, 2017
I still remember when I was hanging around the web in the 2000nds, searching for music and gifs. You didn`t have the option to just visit youtube and listen to thousands of soundtracks. You used WinAmp to listen to shitty goth music radios provided by one dude who rambled into the microphone now and then and streamed from his livingroom. Or tuned into japanese internet radios streaming punk rock and other strange tunes. If they worked - very often, you only got white noise or shitty commercials.

Enter Radio Rivendell.

For 19 years, that little website has been streaming fantasy music 24/7, providing a stage for new artists and old hands alike. They've released albums, promoted young talent and despite crashes, hacks and all kinds of technical problems, they are still going.

I just wanted to give a shoutout to one of the good projects on the net that survived all the changes and revamps we had.

We need some good news, right? So, go listen.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can't seem to get past the "Radio Rivendell is loading, it should soon start buffering…" message :(

signal

Oct 28, 2017
What have I done wrong in my life that I don't even deserve an internet fantasy radio station?

BetaPeter

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks, this will be great for board game sessions. Youtube fantasy music playlists have annoying ads and tend to be 50% skyrim soundtracks

OP
OP
Keefe the Thief
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks, this will be great for board game sessions. Youtube fantasy music playlists have annoying ads and tend to be 50% skyrim soundtracks
Yes, YouTube doesn't work for that if you are not able to save the tracks. The only problem with RR is that it can change mood quickly, though, which means that it isn't that good for P&DRPGs. But it's perfect for boardgames.