• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
lL517FR.png

What is Radiant?
Radiant is a french manga (or manfra) series written and illustrated by Tony Valente which has been published in France by Ankama Editions since 2013. It's also available through other publishers around the world in English, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. It got an anime adaptation in Japan by Lerche in 2018, at the moment it has 2 seasons (between fans it's regarded as a bad adaptation, take that as you will).
Radiant is also published by volumes instead of weekly or monthly chapter publications, each volume (starting from the second volume) contains 8 chapters, there's usually 2 or 3 published per year (this is mostly because Tony does all the art and writing by himself, he's tried to work with an assistant before but found it hard to coordinate).

What's the basic plot to the series?
From Wikipedia: In the world of Radiant, monsters called Nemeses fall from the sky. These Nemeses contaminate everything they touch. People who survive their contact become cursed, but also gain the ability to wield the magic power known as "Fantasia", thus becoming Sorcerers. Seth, the protagonist of Radiant, is a teenage boy who has survived a Nemesis attack. He dreams of defeating all of the Nemeses and bringing peace between Sorcerers and the rest of humanity. To do so, he has to find the place where the Nemeses come from, the legendary Radiant, and destroy it. He and other sorcerers travel the region in search of Radiant whilst avoiding the Inquisition, an organization opposed to Sorcerers.

As a little side note, don't expect stuff like tournament arcs or wanting to 'be the best X', that's quickly shot down in the first volumes, think of this more as an adventure manga, there's still fights (and really well made ones) and action, but the focus is on how the protagonists can reach their goal.

What makes Radiant different to other shonen manga?
Tony Valente is a big fan of Oda (One Piece mangaka) so you'll find a lot of similarities throughout (lots of foreshadowing, large cast of characters, focus on adventure), while its first couple of volumes are regarded as being generic (the author didn't know if he was getting the greenlight to make it a series), from Volume 3 onwards is when the plot starts to form, and each subsequent volume is better than the last, it only gets better.
The fact that it's written by a western author changes things up a bit, the humour is different, and so are the themes tackled during the series, you'll see the author's views on things like racism, immigration, the refugee crisis and religious indoctrination. There's also a lot of different factions and groups and politics in the world of Radiant, so if you're into Game of Thrones style strategies or similar you're in for a treat.
The cast is also pretty diverse compared to other mangas which is a big plus, and again compared to most other shonen manga, Tony does a good job in writing the female characters in the series.

Manga? Manfra? Comic Series?
Call it whatever you want, most people regard it as a manga since it's pretty much one except it's just written by a french person instead of a japanese one.

What does it look like?
Below I leave some examples of covers, color pages and manga panels of the series that show off Tony's style, I'll try to keep it as spoiler-free as possible, but if you don't want any spoilers I suggest not having a look.

h0eqppqi06431.jpg
71YZ8nUi5bL.jpg
ne6j1y3hjeb51.png
97amh0ozbdm31.jpg

hcbjdxt8kl941.jpg

aZKQ03e.png
UhBBIRI.png

V20h5lR.png

How many volumes are there? Chapters? Arcs?
There are currently 18 volumes. As of Volume 18 there are 140 chapters in the series. The next volume (19) currently does not have an estimated release date, but safe to say it's slated at least for 2024.
The categorization of arcs is mostly up to the community but it's usually classified as follows:
Arc 1 - Rumble Town Arc (Vol. 1-4)
Arc 2 - Caislean Merlin/Sorcerer Knights Arc (Vol. 5-10)
Arc 3 - Bôme Arc (Vol. 12-???) - side note: Vol. 11 is considered a transition volume between arcs. THIS IS THE CURRENT ARC.

RULES
- ResetEra's Guidelines are obviously supposed to be followed.
- Make sure to spoiler tag important or recent events in the story, this is mostly up to common sense, if there's someone new asking for something don't spoil them.
- Regarding spoilers too, make sure you always spoiler tag stuff in regards to the latest volume released, even if it's not that important.
- Be nice!

If you have any questions or want to discuss anything, please feel free to do so!

UtQHf4M.png

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice thread. I love Radiant and was looking forward to reading 14 tomorrow but I just got an email saying the digital version is delayed by a week for whatever reason (hopefully means they're fixing the formatting though I won't hold my breath).

I look forward to discussing the series here. It's one of my favorites these days.

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Nice thread. I love Radiant and was looking forward to reading 14 tomorrow but I just got an email saying the digital version is delayed by a week for whatever reason (hopefully means they're fixing the formatting though I won't hold my breath).

I look forward to discussing the series here. It's one of my favorites these days.
Same thing happened to me, I believe it's just Amazon so I cancelled my order with them and opened one in a french website that sells e-book versions. (I was going to read it at midnight, I've waited half a year I can't wait a week more lol)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Same thing happened to me, I believe it's just Amazon so I cancelled my order with them and opened one in a french website that sells e-book versions. (I was going to read it at midnight, I've waited half a year I can't wait a week more lol)
Well if it's just Amazon then I might just buy it elsewhere too, it's been a long wait indeed lol. The cover alone's got me too excited.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Thanks for making a great OT!

Radiant is an amazing series. The art is great, the humour is very French and I love it, the characters, dialogue, and social commentary are interesting, and it's just got a lot of heart. Great diversity in the cast, and all characters are well written and non stereotypical (it helps that the author is actually interested in the topic of inclusivity, as he mentioned in interviews). Highly recommended!

I got volume 14 preordered on izneo, they've been okay and you don't have to jump through hoops to get the French version if you don't live in France – just set the app to French and buy using your usual account.

Only issue is that somehow it double billed me (it failed the first time so I clicked buy a second time, but now I've got 2 transactions in my Apple transaction history), I'll have to see if it can get fixed.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There's this thing people say about a lot of Shonen series, ones that seem like they're doing things differently but not differently enough. "It's like a regular shonen, just really well executed," basically.

Radiant is what those series look like if that was actually true all of the time. It doesn't do a lot that's really unusual but absolutely every bit of it is just so, so well done on every level. Like folks mentioned, very diverse cast, and it makes a really strong effort to shuck a lot of genre conventions in interesting places. No firm power tiers at any point, just good action and some real emotional beats.

Very, very excited to pick up the new volume.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Usually new volumes get released at midnight but it's still unavailable on Izneo, I'm getting 404 Errors when trying to read the thing :(

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Usually new volumes get released at midnight but it's still unavailable on Izneo, I'm getting 404 Errors when trying to read the thing :(
It's mid-day in France and from the two websites I bought it from it's still not available, I'm guessing something's up with the e-book version which is a shame. I've ordered a physical volume but will have to wait until Tuesday to get it, sucks.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh so it wasn't just me...
For me it said I wasn't authorized to read it or something.

I just checked now though and it works. Will read today.
(New Radiant then Jump tomorrow, good weekend for me)

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Where y'all buying ebooks from? Amazon and Comixology got nothing.

Izneo is probably the easiest to buy the French version from if you live outside of France. The app isn't the best though (since the last update it's pretty slow), and the double pages are not matched properly (I sent a bug report, maybe they'll fix it). The also have the english version up to volume 12.

Otherwise I read the new volume and absolutely loved it! It's very action heavy, but also has some good character moments. The cliffhanger is crazy though, can't believe we'll have to wait until december for the next volume again...

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Izneo is probably the easiest to buy the French version from if you live outside of France. The app isn't the best though (since the last update it's pretty slow), and the double pages are not matched properly (I sent a bug report, maybe they'll fix it). The also have the english version up to volume 12.

Otherwise I read the new volume and absolutely loved it! It's very action heavy, but also has some good character moments. The cliffhanger is crazy though, can't believe we'll have to wait until december for the next volume again...
Unfortunately it looks like we might have to wait until January going by a reply Tony made in a comment on a recent Instagram post of his, due to COVID :(

Anyways, I still need to have a proper re-read, but I finished Volume 14 a couple of days ago, here are my (long) thoughts and other points, spoilers ahead of course.

It's a pretty good volume, very action-packed and it has some really cool bits, while usually to me the quality of volumes is crescendo, I don't feel like this one was as good as 13. It did two things I wanted: it was a full volume of present-day plot in the arc we're currently on (so no big throwbacks or flashbacks) and the General's Meeting was crashed somehow.

There's one thing I'm still a bit torn on, Seth's powerup, I think the power itself makes complete sense, Seth's ability set was getting a bit repetitive (even though he's a very smart character and knows how to use these in a creative way) so he needed some development on that front, it's just that I'm not sure if this is too early for it, and I think the drawbacks need to be explained a bit better. I'll give credit to what he says when he spawned a tree though (it's referring to Taj's 'Fantasia can also be used to create').
It also being a volume with lots of action unfortunately means it's also a pretty quick read, but they're good fights and really well drawn. Ullmina gained a new rank and that'll certainly have implications in her plans (her also knowing what Dragunov did at the Cyfandir War means he's certainly under watch now).
Really interesting to see what ideas are planted in the young inquisitor's heads, Tony isn't a stranger to critiques and this one's clearly aimed at religious indoctrination.
I'm glad to see Tony isn't just waving off what happened last volume between Ocoho and Mélie, Mélie's clearly still mad (with reason? It's going to be interesting to see how this is solved) but both of them know they have to find their friends so they're not letting that get in the way (also, wasn't expecting that when Urla was finally shown lol).

In regards to the last chapter, the crew is all in the same place at last, we also finally get to see the Marshall (his appearance reminds me of Asterix & Obélix, wouldn't surprise me since Tony is a fan), his little chat with Herklès was also a funny way to get to know that he's a bit senile. Now one thing I can praise the volume on, is the setup for the next, the big bads of the Inquisition all in the same place + the Domitors are ambushing them during a public gathering + the main group is technically grouped up again? The first chapter of Volume 15 is going to be banging. We'll also get to see how the Domitors we saw at the end of Volume 12 and the Inquisitors introduced in the last volume fight at the same time!

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Ahh...

Guess I'm waiting for the English version, lol.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
While I wait for the English version I've circled back to the anime. It's really just not as good, is it? The way they treat Mellie in particular.

Tho it does get real later on.

e: Man, fuck Mordred.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Small update, the cover for Volume 15 has been revealed:

i7lka9bjr7161.jpg

If you're caught up with the manga, it's a very interesting cover and could mean a lot of things. Tony said he had writer's block and coupling that with COVID, those are the main reasons Vol. 15 was delayed (it was originally supposed to come out within two weeks, then January, and now going by french retailers, March 5th 2021), we should be expecting it on the first semester of this upcoming year, still a long way to go but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Hyped for some more Diabal. The end of the last volume was foreboding of a complete cluster fuck, I can't wait to see where it goes. Sad about the delay, but it's understandable.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
By which I actually meant "4 months from now" (to the day too, wow). Started it then completely forgot to get back to it.

14 is a very good volume. The art is really nice, though still hampered by bad ebook formatting on seemingly every platform, and the action is fun. Loved the moments Seth got with that Domitor lady and Myr. Eager to read 15 whenever that comes out.

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna bump this up, Volume 15 is out on Friday, if you live in France, some retailers are already selling it and reports show that some copies are out in the wild. I'll be updating this later with my impressions on the volume. For english readers only, unfortunately the people who did the scans have announced they won't be doing them anymore, so your best bet is either waiting for the official english VIZ volume that still doesn't have a release date, get a french copy and use Google Translate, or wait for someone else to step in and do the scanlation, obviously if you take this last step I strongly suggest to at least buy the official version once it comes out to support the series.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
yooo, thanks for the heads up.

Guess I'm google translating this thing myself, lol. I took a year of French in highschool, so this'll be easy, right?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Volume 15 hype!!! I hope the Kindle version isn't messed up again but the odds just get lower and lower with each passing volume lol.

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Volume 15 hype!!! I hope the Kindle version isn't messed up again but the odds just get lower and lower with each passing volume lol.
A few days ago the Kindle version was saying October 4th (or 6th, don't remember well) but since yesterday it's been saying this Friday, so crossing fingers it unlocks just fine at midnight.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Radiants? Inquisitors? This a Cosmere OT?

This does look interesting, though 📝

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I have it preordered on Izneo, I'm super looking forward to it, especially considering how long it's been since the last volume.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK!

Really fun volume. Great to have the series back. Valente's art is on point as always. The number of characters involved in this arc is a good chance for him to show how varied and interesting his designs can get.

-Melie!!!!

-Seth and Diabal team up is hype.

-Pherseone's design is crazy good.

-Seth+Diabal+Ocoho+Lupa team up is hype.

-Tough volume for Ocoho. Well tough arc really but now her two of her friends got fucked up and kidnapped by different parties.

-Grimm hype.

-I loved the conversation between Herkles and his two guards about the guilt they feel needing to
"protect" this strong guy instead of the citizens.

-Ocoho recruiting the people she hates hype. I love the art in that part. Everything will be alright Ocoho!

-Dragunov remains the realest one in the Inquisition. Surprised he got so honest with Torque but it's really nice seeing him talk about Seth as better embodying the Inquisition's "mission" than the Inquisitors themselves, especially after Seth and Torque's seen.

-Shouldn't have done that tho, FUCK! Fuck Torque.

Prison break hype! This volume sets us up for a very interesting next part of this arc. Hopefully involving more of the big shot Inquisitors that got trapped in the first domitor attack. Also at this point the potential party Seth could leave this place with is pretty exciting.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
FUCK!

Really fun volume. Great to have the series back. Valente's art is on point as always. The number of characters involved in this arc is a good chance for him to show how varied and interesting his designs can get.

-Melie!!!!

-Seth and Diabal team up is hype.

-Pherseone's design is crazy good.

-Seth+Diabal+Ocoho+Lupa team up is hype.

-Tough volume for Ocoho. Well tough arc really but now her two of her friends got fucked up and kidnapped by different parties.

-Grimm hype.

-I loved the conversation between Herkles and his two guards about the guilt they feel needing to
"protect" this strong guy instead of the citizens.

-Ocoho recruiting the people she hates hype. I love the art in that part. Everything will be alright Ocoho!

-Dragunov remains the realest one in the Inquisition. Surprised he got so honest with Torque but it's really nice seeing him talk about Seth as better embodying the Inquisition's "mission" than the Inquisitors themselves, especially after Seth and Torque's seen.

-Shouldn't have done that tho, FUCK! Fuck Torque.

Prison break hype! This volume sets us up for a very interesting next part of this arc. Hopefully involving more of the big shot Inquisitors that got trapped in the first domitor attack. Also at this point the potential party Seth could leave this place with is pretty exciting.

I agree on all points. I loved this volume. Great action, good set-ups and I love Dragunov's character development. It takes some balls to go see Torque and do what he did.

I think Dragunov left that arrow outside to teleport out if things went south, so I doubt he's dead/out of action... But Torque still seems to have gotten him quite badly. Until this volume I wasn't sure about Torque's character, but now I'm pretty sure he's a racist fanatic. What an a-hole.

Seth's team cannot catch a break though, they are just taking turns getting kidnapped at this point haha.

This volume felt even shorter than usual, I really hope we don't have to wait another year until the next one.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Love this cover page for Ch. 111
OYLkteW.jpg

Hopefully reunited soon...

I agree on all points. I loved this volume. Great action, good set-ups and I love Dragunov's character development. It takes some balls to go see Torque and do what he did.

I think Dragunov left that arrow outside to teleport out if things went south, so I doubt he's dead/out of action... But Torque still seems to have gotten him quite badly. Until this volume I wasn't sure about Torque's character, but now I'm pretty sure he's a racist fanatic. What an a-hole.

Seth's team cannot catch a break though, they are just taking turns getting kidnapped at this point haha.

This volume felt even shorter than usual, I really hope we don't have to wait another year until the next one.
Oh I forgot he left the arrow at the training ground. Man's too good!
And yeah Torque seemed like he mayyyyybe wasn't too terrible, but yeah no he's very bad. The way he went to attack Dragunov as soon as he suggested Seth was actually a good kid is telling. I'm eager to learn more about him.

Yeah hopefully Vol 16 isn't too far from now. I looked up the release date and some stores say December 3rd 2021, which I'm not sure I believe but then again I don't know what exactly delayed 15 so much. Maybe it wasn't production issues and so he just worked on the Vol 16 contents as normal.

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Love this cover page for Ch. 111
OYLkteW.jpg

Hopefully reunited soon...

Oh I forgot he left the arrow at the training ground. Man's too good!
And yeah Torque seemed like he mayyyyybe wasn't too terrible, but yeah no he's very bad. The way he went to attack Dragunov as soon as he suggested Seth was actually a good kid is telling. I'm eager to learn more about him.

Yeah hopefully Vol 16 isn't too far from now. I looked up the release date and some stores say December 3rd 2021, which I'm not sure I believe but then again I don't know what exactly delayed 15 so much. Maybe it wasn't production issues and so he just worked on the Vol 16 contents as normal.

On your last point, Tony has come out and said that the December date for Volume 16 was a placeholder and isn't going to happen unfortunately, there was another user on the Discord server that heard February is the possible date, crossing fingers it remains like that, really don't want to wait another year.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
On your last point, Tony has come out and said that the December date for Volume 16 was a placeholder and isn't going to happen unfortunately, there was another user on the Discord server that heard February is the possible date, crossing fingers it remains like that, really don't want to wait another year.
Praying for February!

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Praying for February!
I know this is a few months old but just wanted to bump the thread as well, looking like it's the 1st of April (per FNAC and also because Tony said in his Instagram that the estimated release was end of March/beginning of April around a month ago), which is a bit more than February but not terribly far, this can hopefully mean we get another volume after the summer, would be nice!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is a few months old but just wanted to bump the thread as well, looking like it's the 1st of April (per FNAC and also because Tony said in his Instagram that the estimated release was end of March/beginning of April around a month ago), which is a bit more than February but not terribly far, this can hopefully mean we get another volume after the summer, would be nice!
April sounds great! Hope the date can stick

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Went in and did a full reread of the series and I am once again blown away by how fucking good it is. It's a fun action series that nevertheless does not pull its punches or diminish its casts' inner emotional lives. Especially impressed with Dragunov on this read-through.

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Cover for Volume 16, out on April 1st (not a joke!) in France, interesting choice of character for it.

SPOILER_20220212_200526.jpg

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Volume 16 is officially out! Those awaiting for scans or an english translation should have them within the next few weeks, this depends on the translators of course.

I've read it once but will read it again for sure, here's a summary of the key events of V16 (in order):

• Ocoho, Lupa and Diabal's plan is to first rescue Mélie from the Domitors.
  • The merchants referred in Mélie's backstory were the Domitors (while young).
  • We get to know the condition of the deal between Grimm and the Domitors: bring Seth to them and Grimm can have an audience with Adhès.
  • Seth's blood is different from his brothers'.
  • Dragunov manages to escape from Torque, but is heavily wounded.
  • Enga and Yenne, along with Sargon and Ininna, try to find out who amongst the generals could've helped sabotage the parade that happened the day before.
  • Dragunov is saved and healed by Grimm.
  • Ullmina is bedridden and we get to meet Vulkéus, her child's father (Vérone).
  • Opilion likes Mélie's attitude and tries to get her to join the Domitors.
  • Grimm has saved Dragunov, but at a cost.
  • Opilion and Kamagoe bring Mélie to a place in their HQ to choose a nemesis for herself.
  • Enga and Ininna spy on Bellarmin but he spots them.
  • Mélie picks a nemesis that used to belong to Nergal's (previous leader of the domitors) arsenal, when trying to make a connection, it revolts against her.
  • After a talk with Torque, Herklès understands better what his guards had told him previously about him just being a pawn in the grand scheme of things and not really holding any power in Bôme.
  • Seth releases his nemesis in empty cells throughout the tower, which prompts Piodon to go find him.
  • The cost of Grimm saving Dragunov is revealed: through a magical connection in one of Dragunov's eyes, Grimm is able to control him and use fantasia through him, which helps create a distraction at the doors of the tower Seth is imprisioned.
  • Piodon enters Seth's cell and through a connection with the vines Seth had planted all over the tower, Seth manages to escape.
  • Right after escaping, Grimm catches Seth, and after Seth tries to escape from Grimm as well, Grimm catches Seth again and explains the situation and that Mélie is also in the hands of the domitors, Seth manages to also rescue Doc.
  • The connection between Grimm and Dragunov is ended and Grimm helps Dragunov escape the Inquisition by using his miracle that was trusted to Grimm.
  • Ocoho, Lupa and Diabal manage to sneak in the Domitor's HQ and find him talking with the Domitors, after Adhès shows himself to talk with Grimm, Diabal senses an arrival to the place they're all in: Piodon.

That's basically it, there's a few other things but these are the main points, now for my opinion:

It's a good volume, I don't think it's the best both in the current arc or the series, but it's hard to qualify it because the way I see it, this is mostly a set-up volume, basically putting all the pieces in place for what's coming next, we know there's 2 or 3 volumes left to finish this arc, so it's understandable that we'd need a volume that sets up everything for the climax.
Most importantly, the crew is all back in the same place, Mèlie's trying to make a connection with the nemesis she's chosen, Seth and Doc are somehow with Grimm or near him, and Ocoho is with Lupa and Diabal. This along with them all being in the Domitor's HQ and with Piodon's arrival should lead to an interesting start of Volume 17, I do expect it to be a bit more action-packed compared to this one for that reason alone.

Would love to know the opinions of anyone who's read it as well.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We back?!!! Picking it up asap

Holy fucking shit the Kindle version is finally formatted properly, reads from right to left and doesn't split pages lord god thank you for this gift

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I'm visiting France for a bit so for the first time I'll get to actually buy radiant in person :D I'll go to a book shop tomorrow.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 117:
-God these intro color pages are always so beautiful to look at. Glad I can finally see one as intended. I really like Valente's coloring style.
-Uneasy alliance is uneasy
Chapter 118:
-DRAGUNOV IS FINE LET'S GOOOOOO!!!! Threw shade one last time before leaving too. Goat.
-Man this art!!!
-God I love this Dragunov stuff. Torque seems so afraid of the secrets Dragunov could share.
-Someone save him please!
Chapter 120:
-GRIMM THANK YOU
-Fuck Vulkeus
-Melie don't listen to him. (Though I like how that bald domitor guy approached this situation)
Chapter 121:
-Melie..
-Yo the other eyepatch guy *checks recap at the start* Alto Bellarmin is pretty cool. Glad someone putting respect on Dragunov's name. That fork panel is pretty good lol
Chapter 122:
-Melie!
-The exchange between the king and Torque is so good. Wonder what the king'll do next
-Everything'll be okay Ocoho. Somehow...
Chapter 123:
-Lets goooooo Prison Break!!!
-Yooo wtf. Grimm what did you do
Chapter 124:
-Okay Seth's new ability is cool! Always like fixed teleportation abilities like this and Dragunov's.
-Ok things are understandably tense but the party is reuniting bit by bit nonetheless which is nice
-And Doc as we-nope nvm-actually yeah and Doc as well! Smooth moves, Seth
-Let's goooo Dragu!!! Nice of Grimm to drop him next to a boat
-Nice that everyone is finally in the same pla-OH FUCK NO
-DAMN IT IT'S OVER!!! FUCK!

What a volume. Very good set-up and things got very exciting once the action kicked in. Really looking forward to the next one. Finally everyone is gathered again. Seth's abilities are becoming even more interesting. Melie seems about to get a good power-up and some really interesting character stuff. And I guess Piodon is killing everyone...

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to catch up and getting there

Ullmina is scary

Ochoco is nice addition to the cast

Last edited:

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Just how OP is Piodon if he can walk in a room alone with like 10 extremely dangerous individual and make demands.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
Piodon is never scared about anything, it surprising. Like to see how Grim and Seth planned

OP
OP
Blizz

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Big news, Tony and Ankama have announced 2 Radiant spin-offs coming late 2023/early 2024.

Cyfandir Chronicles has the story/scenario done by Tony Valente and the art by Naokuren (only 22 years old, their first manga!)

'Cyfandir Chronicles is a dive into Caislean Merlin, capital of Cyfandir, just after the war between Knights-sorcerers and Inquisitors. We'll show you the school through the everyday life of Aquill, an aspiring knight-sorcerers, whose life have been deeply changed by the war.'

FXm9nzcX0AAmdk2

The second one will be announced on Saturday, it's called Fabula Fantasia, and if you paid attention to previous interviews with Tony, this is the spin-off he's been wanting to make for a long time, focused on the Patrem Inquisitor and his story, this one is fully made by Tony.

FXm9kouXoAAALCy

This is all very exciting if you like the world of Radiant.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Big news, Tony and Ankama have announced 2 Radiant spin-offs coming late 2023/early 2024.

Cyfandir Chronicles has the story/scenario done by Tony Valente and the art by Naokuren (only 22 years old, their first manga!)

'Cyfandir Chronicles is a dive into Caislean Merlin, capital of Cyfandir, just after the war between Knights-sorcerers and Inquisitors. We'll show you the school through the everyday life of Aquill, an aspiring knight-sorcerers, whose life have been deeply changed by the war.'

FXm9nzcX0AAmdk2

The second one will be announced on Saturday, it's called Fabula Fantasia, and if you paid attention to previous interviews with Tony, this is the spin-off he's been wanting to make for a long time, focused on the Patrem Inquisitor and his story, this one is fully made by Tony.

FXm9kouXoAAALCy

Very interesting. Never considered we'd get spin-offs but I love the idea and they sound cool so I'm looking forward to them. Thanks for sharing.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

FXm9nzcX0AAmdk2

FXm9kouXoAAALCy

Oooooh, that's very interesting. The second one, I mean - the first seems fun but the Patrem is just this huge figure in the lore so getting that story is very exciting indeed.