• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stellares

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, YouTube comments are usually a cess pool but i couldn't find a single non -racist comment. Just a sea of white supremacists.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Racists people pretending that movie depictions are turning them racist is hilarious to me.

Edit: I took a dive into this rabbit hole. The irony of white people making comments like "all they do is steal from our culture and destroy" and "they want to erase our history" isnt lost on me...

Claiming to be the victim while being descendant of those who actually eradictated civilizations and destroyed culture for sport. Imagine having no self-awareness at all.

Last edited:

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
This one is super interesting. Do these people think black people only exist in the US and Africa?
This shit literally happened all the time during this time period. Be it noblemen from african countries, people that were taken to europe as students, merchants or just people migrating there for the hell of it. It's not ahistorical at all like these idiots claim.

This for example was the first recorded black person to have lived and studied in germany/europe. Anton Wilhelm Amo. Born in west africa but sent to germany as a gift at the age of 4. He was then welcomed into the family and lived there for like 40 years till rising racism pushed him to leave for his birthplace again.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
> White Heritage
> White Culture

what is that?
irish, british, spanish, scottish, german, etc culture are all different

No they think Europe is a single nation/culture

These same Americans hate immigrants and PoC yet spend money on 23 and me to find out what kind of immigrant heritage they are though

They also forget they only "allowed" hispanics, Italians, Polish and Irish people to consider themselves white because they needed to stop "white people" from becoming a minority while at the same time making people of mixed backgrounds non-whites because they hate melanin so much

Fuck these racists

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
This one is super interesting. Do these people think black people only exist in the US and Africa?

4fe2bd2bab483af15442e48774cf7f54.jpg

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
This shit literally happened all the time during this time period. Be it noblemen from african countries, people that were taken to europe as students, merchants or just people migrating there for the hell of it. It's not ahistorical at all like these idiots claim.

This for example was the first recorded black person to have lived and studied in germany/europe. Anton Wilhelm Amo. Born in west africa but sent to germany as a gift at the age of 4. He was then welcomed into the family and lived there for like 40 years till rising racism pushed him to leave for his birthplace again.
Yeah its absurd to think that black people weren't around in the 1800s. These people are clueless.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same people who bitch and moan whenever a film about the plights of black people that shows how shitty white people treated them. They're also likely Trumpers who are scared that not everything will include white people being front and center anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt the point of these movies to include black people because even if they werent in britain back there (they were), they are now and making them part of these stories makes sense for the modern audience to feel part of the country they live in?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The English Civil War was a couple of hundred years before Lewis Carroll and I don't think it had anything to do with race.
Really dumb comment considering that Britain was a massive driver of the transatlantic slave trade, someone who lived prior to and after the American Civil War in London would've definitely seen black people before, possibly in chains too.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This movie looks really interesting. Never heard of it until yesterday. I really liked the trailer, and, as always, I love to see more films for young people starring people of color. I wish there were movies like these when I a little boy. It'd have been nice to see myself in films more often.

Racists continue to fine new ways to infuriate me.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington

Just saw this trailer and i thought it was so damn interesting!
Then...i looked at the dislike bar...and then the comments section.

Holy shit!

"These are the same people who cry about appropriation." | "Alice is white. Stop appropriating my people's culture." | "Alice in Wokekanda and Peter Pansexual defeat the Patriarchy"

"Lewis Carroll, born in England, UK, probably never laid eyes on a black person in his whole life. The characters in his stories were WHITE, NOT BLACK. ........STOP STEALING WHITE HERITAGE!!!"

" I find it quite offensive how they try to take over our stories, achievements and history because they lack their own. I don't even have to search for "early life" on Brenda Chapman - the director - anymore. I already know the sad truth about those people. "

"You want people to be racists? Because this is exactly how you do it."

"The White erasure never ends. People are beginning to notice and they will not tolerate it forever."

Etc....

I mean we know not to look at Youtube comments but i just saw this trailer and a different take for 2 stories and i thought the movie looked really interesting.

There's other youtube uploads for this...some with millions of views and the comments aren't much better.

Is this doomed before its even released?

I feel we should be better than this at this point?

Do... do they know he was a pedophile?

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I remember a similar attitude towards David Copperfield starring Dev Patel and also having a very diverse cast. It was successful and was well received and the pathetic little white supremacists bitterly moved on to their next target.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Look, I can deal with people being transported to fantasy worlds with crazy characters and mad queens and talking cats and caterpillars... But melanin? Nah, that just ain't right

Oct 28, 2017
> White Heritage
> White Culture

what is that?
irish, british, spanish, scottish, german, etc culture are all different

The one thing about a lot of European diaspora is that a lot never maintained their cultural practices. For some, it gives them a really poor sense of belonging in the world.

It's why you have white people with some very loose Scottish heritage go to Scotland and piss everyone over there off by claiming they're directly related to Robert the Bruce, wear kilts (often backwards) and try and lecture Scottish people on their culture.

In terms of the whole "white heritage movement", it's just racists picking and choosing the best parts of "European" history. Which is an incredibly nebulous blanket. Is Mendelssohn white? Nazis didn't think so, dude was a dirty Jew and a mark of shame on German classical music. Is Khachaturian, an Armenian influenced by Armenian folk music, as white as Rachmanioff? Is Russia's classical music output as a whole considered "white" or is it too ethnic? At the time is was considered extremely different to the products coming out of Western Europe.

It doesn't really make sense because it doesn't. It's just racists pick and choosing things to maintain their worldview that only whites people create good things. If that means pretending Tchaikovsky wasn't a homosexual, so be it.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Most these white people prob don't know where there great grandfather came from. They just know white.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
"You want people to be racists? Because this is exactly how you do it."

Yes...let's have all-white cast members so that whites don't turn to racists. We wouldn't want that now would we? Let's be considerate and not enable delicate snowflake whites to become radicalised racists. /s

fuckouttaherewiththatbullshit.

It's the same argument domestic abusers use. "well she made me hit her"