• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

LAS VEGAS -- Colby Covington dominated the war of words. Kamaru Usman got the victory where it counted most.

Usman finished the trash-talking Covington via TKO at 4:10 of the fifth round in the main event of UFC 245 on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. With the win, Usman retained his UFC welterweight title and quieted Covington's barbs, at least temporarily.

"I heard all week, all month, since the fight got signed, everyone is like, 'Oh, Colby is in his head, Colby is this, Colby is that. He's gonna gas out, fight emotional.' I'm telling you guys right now that the reason why I'm the best in the world is because my mind is stronger than anyone in the division."

It was the second-latest stoppage in a title fight in UFC history and came in a very close fight up until that point. Covington did very well in the early rounds, while Usman rallied in the third and fourth.

After the third round, Covington told his corner that he believed he had a broken jaw. Covington was transported to the hospital following the fight, and a UFC spokesperson said it was determined that Covington "suffered a non-displaced midline mandible fracture."

The feud continued in interviews and on social media, with Covington referring to Usman as "Marty Fakenewsman." Usman was called "Marty" during his amateur wrestling career, because coaches couldn't pronounce his first name, Kamarudeen.

Fuck those fans, though.
The Las Vegas crowd, though, was pro-Covington throughout the bout, chanting "Colby!" and "USA!" Usman is an American citizen and longtime U.S. resident but was born in Nigeria.

Then the fucker bashes the ref afterwards. The cultists doesn't fall far from the tree.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
mnGykjt.jpg

#makeColbysJawStraightAgain

Dec 31, 2017
Clutching his red hat. Was glad he got his ass beat, imagine that Pos as the face of your company.

Volkanovski got the win too so what's that 0/3 for the "US" title fighters this UFC.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Glad he didn't win the title, he's already enough of an unbearable racist prick as it is.

Also the fact he lost to a black fighter who immigrated to the US is the best thing ever.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Being a huge racist in a sport where your opponent is encouraged to violently beat the shit out of you is a great idea.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That finish felt so damn good. However, I think Colbys jaw is fine.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping this thread was about him acting racist on the street and got decked by a random guy, not by a professional fighter. This is also good.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Was Dana White crying??

Great result, fuck Covington.

Those fans are fucking morons too...cheering on a racist shitbag who was talking shit on all of them at the weigh ins. Morons.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Excusing Racism
Thats a tabloid headline if I've ever seen one lol

It's just an act, he trains with Woodley, Masvidal & co. at American Top Team....

He probably still deserved it though.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Thats a tabloid headline if I've ever seen one lol

It's just an act, he trains with Woodley, Masvidal & co. at American Top Team....

He probably still deserved it though.

Shit, you're right. I will notify a mod immediately to change my title.

Having a black friend instantly absolves racists of being racists.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I hope Covington fights another black fighter after this and loses again. Double the schadenfreude and make it extremely hard for him to get another title fight.

Because this racist shithead will not learn from this, he'll probably double down on it. He's already projecting all over the place regarding the eye poke and using the Trump playbook by attacking the referee.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Congratulations to Usman, Congratulations to Africa, and Congratulations for the good guys

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
So I'm familiar with "you should be ashamed of yourself" as a joke from Stugotz, but there seems to be a lot of this going around. I mean who says that and means it.