• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Sue Phillips for what exactly?

Being white in America really is a "play on Super Easy mode", holy shit.

If you're rich and have lawyers, yes. The rest of us have privilege to be sure, but "lawyer on retainer" money and whiteness is what lets him or that Affluenza douche live with the cheatcodes on.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Was there other things to go by besides the smirk and some maga hats to say he's racist? Isn't this whole ordeal about people jumping to condemn him based on snippets of confrontation?

There is a almost 2 hour long video that contained a whole bunch of people being truly awful people but Nathan Phillips wasn't one of them.

Dude is likely getting paid because of his age, lack of consent to being a public figure and receiving a bunch of threats etc because of the coverage.

Not because he was any kind of good guy or innocent bystander or anything even remotely close. He knew what he was doing showing up with a maga hat on in an environment with protestors in DC.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Hopefully a lot of people rally behind Mr. Phillips, he gets lawyers working pro-bono, etc. Is a counter lawsuit off the table?
Fuck this piece of shit kid.

Oct 25, 2017
There is a almost 2 hour long video that contained a whole bunch of people being truly awful people but Nathan Phillips wasn't one of them.

Dude is likely getting paid because of his age, lack of consent to being a public figure and receiving a bunch of threats etc because of the coverage.

Not because he was any kind of good guy or innocent bystander or anything even remotely close. He knew what he was doing showing up with a maga hat on in an environment with protestors in DC.

Yeah I feel like a lot of it probably has to do with his age. Anyone under 18 being photographed and named by the media without consent is always dicey.

His smug face was pretty much what everyone remembers about the incident too.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fox News loves him, probably a future employer. This will just embolden him and all the MAGA morons in the world because there has thus far been little consequence to acting like a complete shit.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
It's been awhile, i will again. Recollection was annoying school kids, some maga hats, Nathan Phillips walking into the group banging a drum, Sandman not moving out of his way and making the awful smirk face.
If I remember this case correctly, didn't they engage the kids first?
That's probably the rationale for the lawsuit, him initiating the confrontation that's been reported on afterwards.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realize its illegal to walk up to someone and play a drum in front of them.
It's highly annoying. I don't think anyone said Phillips committed a crime.

From the conservative narrated video i watched here's what i saw, with some bias noted:

Two protests were going on at the same time, Right for Life one that Sandmann's Kentucky school class went to. Indigenous People's March that Phillips was with.

Sandmann's class was meeting up at a spot for the buses to take them back, that spot was next to where some Black Israelites were at yelling things to everyone.

Sandmann's class did some "school cheers" to drown out the Black Israelites and the video wouldn't say what the cheers were, so that could be something.

Phillips allegedly walked to where the students were, banging his drum, for what he said was a way to deescalate the situation between the school kids and black israelites saying the school kids. Here is what Phillips said:

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong. "

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students. "So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," he said.

But then, the crowd of mostly male students turned their anger towards Phillips.

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

I don't know how that checks out with the video. It seems very exaggerated unless there is more footage of the Black Israelites being their "prey". He also said the students had some Build the Wall chants going on.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You know how you always hear about how lottery winners lives go to shit and misery once they get the money?

Hope that happens here. Fuck this piece of shit.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't realize its illegal to walk up to someone and play a drum in front of them.

Right.

Could have been a profound moment too, imagine if this little shit wasn't smirking: brainwashed teen standing face to face with his people's legacy, maybe even a moment of reflection as they stare each other in the eye.

But nope, these racist shits just went off, triggered by the villainous drums.

Oct 25, 2017
It's highly annoying. I don't think anyone said Phillips committed a crime.

From the conservative narrated video i watched here's what i saw, with some bias noted:

Two protests were going on at the same time, Right for Life one that Sandmann's Kentucky school class went to. Indigenous People's March that Phillips was with.

Sandmann's class was meeting up at a spot for the buses to take them back, that spot was next to where some Black Israelites were at yelling things to everyone.

Sandmann's class did some "school cheers" to drown out the Black Israelites and the video wouldn't say what the cheers were, so that could be something.

Phillips allegedly walked to where the students were, banging his drum, for what he said was a way to deescalate the situation between the school kids and black israelites saying the school kids. Here is what Phillips said:

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong. "

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students. "So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," he said.

But then, the crowd of mostly male students turned their anger towards Phillips.

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

I don't know how that checks out with the video. It seems very exaggerated unless there is more footage of the Black Israelites being their "prey". He also said the students had some Build the Wall chants going on.
You think there's a difference between a MAGA hat and a white hood? Can't imagine the need for any analysis otherwise.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
tenor.gif

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now hes set for life? This kid was in a rich ass private school, he was set for life long before this incident. All this taught him is that he can use the law to personally benefit. Like most rich while guys
Before he still had to somewhat work for it. Work, possibly grow as a person, go to college where he could had been challenged. Still had the power to fail.

Now he is taking millions and gets to avoid all that. He now goes from priviledge to guaranteed success.

yerrr

Banned
Nov 19, 2019
That smug face and MAGA hat didn't help but you can't slander someone based on a false narrative and not expect to pay up.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
You think there's a difference between a MAGA hat and a white hood? Can't imagine the need for any analysis otherwise.
I'm not an expert, but I'd say with a MAGA hat racism is part of the package but you can wear one and ignore it. Doesn't make it great, but i don't think everyone who wears a MAGA hat is racist whereas i don't know what the point of a Klan hood was outside of racism.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Racist kid being compensated for the distress caused by the consequences of him being racist. Can't beat that.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
If I remember this case correctly, didn't they engage the kids first?

thats what i remember too

Doesnt matter.

Hes white and knew exactly what he was doing and did you see that look? That's the look of a Nazi.
Date rapist in the making more then likely.

uh apparently it does matter and this doesnt hold up in court. unless we want to keep going around paying racists cant just go up to starting shit because they exist

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Trump will find the time to give him the medal of honor in between causing world war 3.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Why do the bad guys always win?
Because nobody wants to do anything to turn the tide. Decorum, being the "better man", "going high as they go low" is more important. Laws are more important; the very laws that keep the status quo, voted in place to keep the bad guys winning and the good ones down. Tradition to do what has always been done without a fight or a say, because no one wants to rock the boat, BECAUSE IF YOU DO, it will always GET WORSE, they say. So hypothetically "worse" to get standing folk to sit down on their hands and keep quiet... as all goes on, as usual, nothing ever changes and the bad guys continue to win.

yerrr

Banned
Nov 19, 2019
There were videos of his entire class being racist shits. He was just the face the media latched on.

The media misrepresented what took place between Sandmann and Phillips which caused him and his family to be harassed. I suggest you read up on what actually happened that day, there was a third group that started the whole shit. CNN settled for a reason.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The media misrepresented what took place between Sandmann and Phillips which caused him and his family to be harassed. I suggest you read up on what actually happened that day, there was a third group that started the whole shit. CNN settled for a reason.

Ben Shapiro would agree with your assessment.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Poor racist fuck. Boohoo

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017

Suing Phillips is totally a dick move, though

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Karma is a bitch. He'll get killed by a drunk driver or get cancer. Don't worry.

That's how I deal with this shit. Knowing that, one day, shitty people will eventually get what they deserve.