• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the other stuff should be added to the OP.

Based on the last thread I thought the worst the guy did was mock the way Asians say 'noodles' which, whilst definitely shitty, didnt really seem to justify this outcry.

Seeing the guys other comments however....
what is this lol
"I'm okay with some racism, but I didn't realize there was racism I'm not okay with!"

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

It's the other way around, Rob Schneider was lucky to make bank while this kind of racist shit was still mainstream.

DCteONuXcAA0cYe.jpg

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
Good riddance to bad trash. Hope he toils in obscurity forever.

And fuck comedians who think their job title should inoculate them from public scrutiny. "Here's me saying a bunch of racist shit, but you shouldn't ever question me about it because I'm a comedian, and comedians should have the right to say whatever racist shit they want to say without fear of reprisal. if I say it's comedy, then it's comedy. Don't you dare fight me on that."

And fuck Andrew Yang. Lost all respect for him with this Uncle Chan appeasement shit he's pulling.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
And fuck comedians who think their job title should inoculate them from public scrutiny. "Here's me saying a bunch of racist shit, but you shouldn't ever question me about it because I'm a comedian, and comedians should have the right to say whatever racist shit they want to say without fear of reprisal. if I say it's comedy, then it's comedy. Don't you dare fight me on that."
The thing that gets me is that the entire job of the comedian is to be able to get a chosen emotional reaction out of the audience. If they're able to do that, they're a good comedian.

But if they try to get laughs and instead the audience just thinks they're a racist, that's not the comedians fault, that's on society.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Hahahaha, the only time I ever laughed at Rob Schneider was when I was watching that awful movie where he swaps bodies with Rachel McAdams and I tweeted "Rob Schneider is a great actor" and he must have been vanity searching because within 20 minutes he'd like my joke tweet.

I did some googling and he seems very embraced on The_Donald, I wonder why.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Shit bag racists really exposing themselves over this one huh

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, if we're talking about the show's popularity, didn't Saturday Night Live have a huge ratings spike for the past few years based on mocking Trump? Wouldn't this guy be the exact opposite of their modern viewers want?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Rob Schneider is a comedian?

Not joking, that's news to me.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you guys are cold as ice. The dude's dream gig explodes in a cloud of smoke and some of you won't even allow him a tweet to just rant about it.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Roy why haven't Kenan gotten Marlan?

Marlan...???

I mean, the thing that I can't help but point out is that all the comedians who are whining and crying about PC culture are comedians who I haven't found funny in years...if I ever found them funny at all. And it's no wonder to me that this group of comedians are begging and pleading for a return to what was "funny" in yesteryear. Society evolved, and they refused to.

Some of you guys are cold as ice. The dude's dream gig explodes in a cloud of smoke and some of you won't even allow him a tweet to just rant about it.

Maybe he should, I dunno, show some contrition first.

You can rant all you want. You're not entitled to my giving a shit.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I don't get from a lot of these people who decry society's rejection of racially tinged humor, why aren't they performing Mammy up in Blackface? I thought comedy was about pushing the boundaries? How can you not push boundaries like that when they exist? Well, primarily, hopefully, because, all cynicism about post-racial America aside, people by and large see black people as human beings not props to be mocked in general media consumption.

It's not like there's not gross and shocking comedy in this age. There's still poor taste. Tell The Aristocrats if you have to. That's funny af when done properly and involves no small amount of being edgy and boundary pushing. Just mindlessly using slurs as some good ol boy thing isn't really funny anymore.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's true that some people here are cold as ice. Unfortunately, he was willing to sacrifice his love of his career. He never took advice, so he paid the price.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Basically every old SNL alum caping for this dude needs to get slapped with a "shut the fuck up boomer" like this shit ain't cool anymore so move on with your sad old ass.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Marlan...???

I mean, the thing that I can't help but point out is that all the comedians who are whining and crying about PC culture are comedians who I haven't found funny in years...if I ever found them funny at all. And it's no wonder to me that this group of comedians are begging and pleading for a return to what was "funny" in yesteryear. Society evolved, and they refused to.

Maybe he should, I dunno, show some contrition first.

You can rant all you want. You're not entitled to my giving a shit.
You wouldn't rethink if Bill Bellmy or Shucky Ducky Quack Quack showed support?

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I wonder if these comics would be defending him if he had made jokes about black people.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that gets me is that the entire job of the comedian is to be able to get a chosen emotional reaction out of the audience. If they're able to do that, they're a good comedian.

But if they try to get laughs and instead the audience just thinks they're a racist, that's not the comedians fault, that's on society.
It's also cute to see people pontificate about how comedy is supposed to challenge people as a means of shielding comediams from being challenged themselves.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
SNL doesn't vet their candidates, or they're completely tone-deaf and don't care about who they hire or something. Bizarre that he got hired in the first place.

My guess is that this guy slipped through the cracks because Lorne Michaels, who is 74 years old, has final say in who gets cast on SNL. And I'm guessing ol' Lorne isn't exactly doing YouTube searches on potential cast members before hiring them.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Thank goodness. I was going to have a hard time watching the show with him on it.

My guess is that this guy slipped through the cracks because Lorne Michaels, who is 74 years old, has final say in who gets cast on SNL. And I'm guessing ol' Lorne isn't exactly doing YouTube searches on potential cast members before hiring them.

I would be extremely surprised if Lorne was involved in any specific research done on candidates other than seeing the results.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
do racists actually think they're being brave when they say blatantly racist shit holy fuck

Their whole world view is shaped by the SJWs, Cancel Culture, Censorship, and Progressiveness that they have so much. In their world the things I listed have already won and are mainstream. So what is cutting edge and pushing boundaries in their world? Being a racist shithead, and just being an asshole in general.

And fuck Andrew Yang and Gillis. Glad Gillis won't be on SNL.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's also cute to see people pontificate about how comedy is supposed to challenge people as a means of shielding comediams from being challenged themselves.
The entire reason we celebrate people who take risks is because failure is a possibility. That's the risk we're talking about. The whole idea is that the comedian who has the understanding and tact with which to tackle a difficult subject is a thought-provoking way is impressive, not that every talentless hack should stumble into the same territory for free pass to be a huge bigoted asshole.

If the risk and difficulty is just that you have to spend a little more time turning the bigot dial until you find the right amount you can get away with, what's special or noteworthy about these people?

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
The whole idea is that the comedian who has the understanding and tact with which to tackle a difficult subject is a thought-provoking way is impressive, not that every talentless hack should stumble into the same territory for free pass to be a huge bigoted asshole.

Exactly. Besides, if we're talking about "funny" being a couple of white guys joking about ch---ks and fa---ts (literally what they were doing) then it's been done by grade schoolers in 1993. It's 2019, guys.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
"Comedic misfires" lol. Yes when no one laughs then yeah, maybe you should keep your day job. Who's the snowflake when its you that cant face the reality that you just. arent. funny.