• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
As an American, can someone give me the cliff notes on Corbyn and his connection to antisemitism?

I just saw post above. Thanks!
He isn't a big fan of A: The treatment of Palestinians or B: Capitalism.
So to people to whom either of those are inseparable from the concept of Judaism, he's basically mecha-Hitler.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how leftists in the UK manage to stay sane, seriously

Who said we were?
JAR03si.jpg

This is the british version of "Biden is against weed, I'll guess he's bad as Trump" bullshit?

Worse. At least Biden actually is against Weed.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder if Riley has read these two articles, and what she thinks of them:

In fact, it would be a good idea if everyone reads them (but many won't of course).

Jews who support Corbyn are "the wrong sort of Jews" and don't count, which is why Corbyn attending a Jewdas seder was proof of his antisemitism

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, the old "My child won't be born under a government that possibly has a problem with my religion, but one that's more than likely got a problem with a *DIFFERENT* religion is absolutely fine.

I believe the attitude is: "Got mine, fuck you."

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
As someone from the US who follows UK politics with a lot of interest, I still don't understand -

Is the "Labour is rife with anti-Semitism" accusation based on some people in Labour being vocal about Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, or is it real actual "Jews will not replace us" anti-Semitism?

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone from the US who follows UK politics with a lot of interest, I still don't understand -

Is the "Labour is rife with anti-Semitism" accusation based on some people in Labour being vocal about Israel's treatment of the Palestinians, or is it real actual "Jews will not replace us" anti-Semitism?

There is from what i can see absolutely no "jews will not replace us" type of anti semitism.

Jeremy Corbyns politically uncommon support for Palestinians definitely doesnt help his standing with many jews.

Many people on twitter arent smart enough to distinguish the actions of Israel's government and people who just happen to be Jewish and talk to jews like they are responsible.for Israel govt actions. Are they all labour? Probably not.

Then you have your generic idiotic antisemitic trope pushing on twitter. Is it all labour? Probably not.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Riley has read these two articles, and what she thinks of them:

In fact, it would be a good idea if everyone reads them (but many won't of course).
Thanks for posting.
In 1987 the West London Synagogue approached Islington Council with a startling proposal: to sell its original cemetery to property developers, destroying the gravestones and digging-up and reburying the bodies lying under them. This cemetery (dating from 1840) was not merely of great historic and architectural interest – in the view of orthodox Jews, the deliberate destruction of a cemetery is sacrilegious. So when Islington Council granted the planning application, a Jewish-led and ultimately successful campaign was launched to have the decision reversed. I was part of that campaign. So was Jeremy Corbyn. Meanwhile, the then-leader of Islington Council (1982-92), whose decision to permit the destruction of the cemetery was eventually overturned, was none other than Margaret Hodge (though it is unclear whether she personally was in favour of the proposal).
Granted the Labour party could have done better in handling anti-Semitic abuse by and directed at it's members, but that is an issue that would have existed before Corbyn was leader and continued existing regardless if he ever became leader. It's disgusting how many people who oppose him are willing to twist the issue to make it seem like the party is rife with anti-Semitism, that Corbyn himself hates Jewish people, and that Jewish people would have something to fear from a Labour government. So many people clearly only "care" about racism when they can weaponise it against the left.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017

It's a very cynical exercise that was actually started by some 'centrist' labour MPs who were angry that Corbyn got made leader, note that many of the ringleaders have jumped shipped to other parties now.

The right wing built on the nonsense and here we are.

If someone can't tell the difference between criticism of the Israeli government for it's behavior vs 'hating' Jews then it's pointless

Lots of bad faith arguments from people who should know better.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't hold your breath for an apology

Well that's Corbyn with no hope, guess we'll just have to put with the anti-sematic, islamphobia, blatantly racist Boris and Conservatives. Like seriously if someone is that serious and crazy, theres no chance this doesn't infect others. "Their must be something wrong if she's that serious, there must be something in it ". You know how people think as in they dont think or analyse anything anymore, ideas and feelings propagate like diseases. I hope she enjoys the country she will have help created, not even her in her rich sheltered life will she be able to avoid all the effects from it.