• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
she could have made her point (which is still a valid one, Labour have been shit at dealing with this stuff) without using that dumbass t-shirt.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I dislike Corbyn as much as the next person, and Riley is right in her anti-semitism campaigning and she undoubtedly gets tonnes of anti-semitic and misogynistic abuse.

BUT. This is absolutely the wrong way to go about it and really hypocritical and doesn't even come close to hitting the mark. It's completely idiotically provocative.

Bolded part: exactly. She's not helping anything or anyone with her approach (well I guess she's helping the Tory party into power with her seemingly constant tirades against Corbyn).

I used to like Riley, she seemed intelligent and compassionate. That was a few years ago. I'm not sure what happened (fame and money perhaps?) but she's turned into a borderline obsessive.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't know enough about the context to make that call. It's definitely in horrible taste and should be pulled and apologized for because the minimum level of awful this is is really fucking bad.

And no, Labour has not "done more to look into..." under Corbyn. Good lord. The "no actually hes the BESTEST" response to criticism is absolutely ridiculous.

So you think that photo-shopping somebody protesting a horrifically racist apartheid state to call them racist isn't blatant racism? That's all I need to know Kirblar.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uh, where are the links to evidence that Corbyn or labor are anti semitic? Apart from the Dickens novel.

I'm not "just asking questions" I keep seeing the accusation but never the evidence. I'm way off on UK politics tho.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I try not to look at UK news too much now I no longer have to live there.

But seeing David Baddiel post up about that was weird and he was being very serious about it.

I mean wtf?

Yup.

The David Baddiel who went on TV in blackface to poke fun at a black footballer.

Also the David Baddiel who said that calling Winston Churchill a racist mass murderer for the 4 million lives lost in the Bengal Famine was anti-semitic because Hitler was worse.

That's the kind of thinking that abounds within Rachel Riley's bubble.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
And no, Labour has not "done more to look into..." under Corbyn. Good lord. The "no actually hes the BESTEST" response to criticism is absolutely ridiculous

As far as I understand it the processes for dealing with cases has been sped up and made tougher, the criticism is that it isn't enough, but people should be able to prove their innocence etc so it still gets bogged down.

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, where are the links to evidence that Corbyn or labor are anti semitic? Apart from the Dickens novel.

Rupert Murdoch and Paul Dacre said so, therefore it's safe to assume that Corbyn is ready to start a pogrom

Is there anti-semitism within the Labour party? Yes. Is there anti-semitism within the left in general? Yes.

That's because anti-semitism exists everywhere.

People who focus so overwhelmingly on the left and Corbyn get the side-eye from me. People like Rachel Riley who do so while ignoring/joking about racism against other groups get my derision.

A very strange comparison indeed. I didn't know Germany had colonial interest in India, nor the fact that there were many Jewish people there.

Just complete fucking racist nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
The smear campaign against Corbyn has successfully turned people into absolute morons.
Man do I hate this country sometimes.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Yep, you're right, this baddie fellow sure is willing to give historical racism perpetuated by Britain a pass. Fuck this guy

Also, there's an unconscious anti-Semitic effect here: a woke instinct to highlight, correctly, the not talked-about-enough historical suffering of POC has somewhere in it, I think, an unspoken critique of the conventional sense of the singular evil of The Holocaust.

Singular evil, huh

Elkins reveals that the British detained not 80,000 Kikuyu, as the official histories maintain, but almost the entire population of one and a half million people, in camps and fortified villages. There, thousands were beaten to death or died from malnutrition, typhoid, tuberculosis and dysentery. In some camps almost all the children died.

The inmates were used as slave labour. Above the gates were edifying slogans, such as "Labour and freedom" and "He who helps himself will also be helped". Loudspeakers broadcast the national anthem and patriotic exhortations. People deemed to have disobeyed the rules were killed in front of the others. The survivors were forced to dig mass graves, which were quickly filled. Unless you have a strong stomach I advise you to skip the next paragraph.

Interrogation under torture was widespread. Many of the men were anally raped, using knives, broken bottles, rifle barrels, snakes and scorpions. A favourite technique was to hold a man upside down, his head in a bucket of water, while sand was rammed into his rectum with a stick. Women were gang-raped by the guards. People were mauled by dogs and electrocuted. The British devised a special tool which they used for first crushing and then ripping off testicles. They used pliers to mutilate women's breasts. They cut off inmates' ears and fingers and gouged out their eyes. They dragged people behind Land Rovers until their bodies disintegrated. Men were rolled up in barbed wire and kicked around the compound.
[/QUOTE]

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Rupert Murdoch and Paul Dacre said so, therefore it's safe to assume that Corbyn is ready to start a pogrom

Is there anti-semitism within the Labour party? Yes. Is there anti-semitism within the left in general? Yes.

People who focus so overwhelmingly on the left and Corbyn get the side-eye from me. People like Rachel Riley who do so while ignoring/joking about racism against other groups get my derision.

David is a fucking hack idiot and doesn't know his history.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

People who focus so overwhelmingly on the left and Corbyn get the side-eye from me. People like Rachel Riley who do so while ignoring/joking about racism against other groups get my derision

That's my main problem with the way it's being handled, it's creating the illusion that Labour is worse and everywhere else is better, its a pretty dangerous game to be playing with the way society is headed.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, you're right, this baddie fellow sure is willing to give historical racism perpetuated by Britain a pass. Fuck this guy

Singular evil, huh

Elkins reveals that the British detained not 80,000 Kikuyu, as the official histories maintain, but almost the entire population of one and a half million people, in camps and fortified villages. There, thousands were beaten to death or died from malnutrition, typhoid, tuberculosis and dysentery. In some camps almost all the children died.

The inmates were used as slave labour. Above the gates were edifying slogans, such as "Labour and freedom" and "He who helps himself will also be helped". Loudspeakers broadcast the national anthem and patriotic exhortations. People deemed to have disobeyed the rules were killed in front of the others. The survivors were forced to dig mass graves, which were quickly filled. Unless you have a strong stomach I advise you to skip the next paragraph.

Interrogation under torture was widespread. Many of the men were anally raped, using knives, broken bottles, rifle barrels, snakes and scorpions. A favourite technique was to hold a man upside down, his head in a bucket of water, while sand was rammed into his rectum with a stick. Women were gang-raped by the guards. People were mauled by dogs and electrocuted. The British devised a special tool which they used for first crushing and then ripping off testicles. They used pliers to mutilate women's breasts. They cut off inmates' ears and fingers and gouged out their eyes. They dragged people behind Land Rovers until their bodies disintegrated. Men were rolled up in barbed wire and kicked around the compound.

Let's hope David Baddiel doesn't read this and report your post for anti-semitic wokeness. You can't describe raping people with broken bottles and ripping off testicles as gruesome because then we have no words to describe the Nazis.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Sorry I'm just not going to get over "But how are we going to describe events that are worse than ____? 'A worse violation of human dignity than ____?' Nope, can't be done, you fucking antisemites."

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
David Baddiel? Known for his legendary sensitivity on matters of race, of course.

D5kdgFHWsAEy34u.jpg

woops didn't mean to post that, how do i delete?

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am all for tackling antisemitism buuut trying to down play other racism struggle or whitewashing history is not the way.

I also hate how Labour is given shit for antisemitism and yet the Tories party get away with their Islamophobia and whenever it gets mention the Tories just bounce back with the Labour is antisemitism retort.

They won't sack her.

Given how condensing Channel 4 is with their "Send your complaint advert", you're probably right.

Channel 4 does not give a shit at all.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
its fucking exhausting that some random smear campaign will 100% work when the other blatantly racist party just gets away scott free wtf

Oct 25, 2017
The British press is shit.
The Tories will continue to get away with it all because of privileged racist morons like Rachel here.

I am all for tackling antisemitism buuut trying to down play other racism struggle or whitewashing history is not the way.

I also hate how Labour is given shit for antisemitism and yet the Tories party get away with their Islamophobia and whenever it gets mention the Tories just bounce back with the Labour is antisemitism retort.

Given how condensing Channel 4 is with their "Send your complaint advert", you're probably right.

Channel 4 does not give a shit at all.
It's 'alright' for us Muslims to get dunked on, it is what it is.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
its fucking exhausting that some random smear campaign will 100% work when the other blatantly racist party just gets away scott free wtf

How Boris isn't crucified for the Brexit hate crime surge is beyond me, Rachel will happily call Corbyn the far left but seems to still separate the Tories from the far right, I don't get it.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
If you were to believe the smear campaign against Corbyn/Labour, there is no such thing as anti-semitism outside of the Labour party. In the years since he became leader I've not seen one credible accusation against him and while I don't like to dismiss allegations of racism, it is so clearly being used for political gain I think it is right not to take a lot of it seriously. The Labour party as a wider entity of course has issues but as that Tory Fibs account pointed out it is certainly not contained to the Labour party.

Regardless of all that, literally erasing anti-apartheid messages for political point scoring is absolutely abhorrent. There is no excuse for it. Doubling down on it just makes it even worse but it is honestly not surprising, Rachel Riley always used to come across as intelligent and funny on TV but reading her Twitter she comes across as completely deranged. I also cannot take anyone seriously who complains about racism and bigotry and can support the Conservatives, all that says to me is that you don't really care. It's funny how the rich and powerful can always look past these issues for their natural party of choice.

Oct 31, 2017
the anti-Corbyn bias in the UK media makes the US media look like Current Affairs or Jacobin in comparison. I don't know how leftists in the UK manage to stay sane, seriously

I'm not sure we are any more.

Seriously though, the fact that after a decade of Tory misrule people are still lapping up absolute bullshit is depressing. I think most of us aren't even far left - pretty mild social democracy based on historically effective policies are now considered far left.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

David Baddiel? Known for his legendary sensitivity on matters of race, of course.

D5kdgFHWsAEy34u.jpg

woops didn't mean to post that, how do i delete?

This was Baddiels justification for the blackface too

He refuses to apologise and thinks he was actually saying something smart there. The man is a massive massive prick.

the anti-Corbyn bias in the UK media makes the US media look like Current Affairs or Jacobin in comparison. I don't know how leftists in the UK manage to stay sane, seriously

Why do you think people in the UK are known for their "stiff upper-lip", miserable attitude, and being overly self deprecating? People get conditioned here to just get used to their shit and know you can't do anything about it

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised Riley did this at all. Her Twitter has been complete trash for a long time.

e: remember the time she called Noam Chomsky an antisemite?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
Statistically there was exact same level of anti-Semitism in the labour party under Blair, no one seemed to give a shit then. Anti semitism is deplorable and should be stamped out where ever it's found but the double standard is unbelievable.

It is and what really pisses me off is how much the media is overplaying anti semitism in the Labour Party, but massively under playing Islamaphobia in the Conservative Party.

But unfortunately, Britain are racist/Islamaphobic against Muslims, so or course the media will downplay it.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
It is and what really pisses me off is how much the media is overplaying anti semitism in the Labour Party, but massively under playing Islamaphobia in the Conservative Party.

But unfortunately, Britain are racist/Islamaphobic against Muslims, so or course the media will downplay it.
It's almost like they're trying to smear the party that is going against the interests of capital and "enlightened centrists" are eating that shit up, even in this very thread.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was Baddiels justification for the blackface too

He refuses to apologise and thinks he was actually saying something smart there. The man is a massive massive prick.

Why do you think people in the UK are known for their "stiff upper-lip", miserable attitude, and being overly self deprecating? People get conditioned here to just get used to their shit and know you can't do anything about it

comparing yourself to RDJ in Tropic Thunder after you get in trouble for doing blackface is some next level smart-dumbguy shit. using that as cover requires a level of self-awareness lower than a Sacha-Baron Cohen character

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder that while it emerged that the Tory party were RECENTLY illegally rounding up black british citizens, taking them from their families and sending them to islands they knew nothing about, with nothing but their clothes and MAYBE some money....the effects of which are still being felt to this day...Rachel Riley had *searches the entire internet* ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL TO SAY.

The ONLY time she mentions windrush is to defend her SILENCE.

It's almost as if when it comes to racism suffered by black people, she just cant manage to feel the same way she does about actual real life black people being illegally torn from their families and being sent away (or things like apartheid) as she does about randoms on Twitter putting racist words on the internet (because apparently literally only the labour party under Corbyn do this, ever).

She can fuck all the way off the piece of shit.

Last edited:

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
comparing yourself to RDJ in Tropic Thunder after you get in trouble for doing blackface is some next level smart-dumbguy shit. using that as cover requires a level of self-awareness lower than a Sacha-Baron Cohen character

The whole reply is just staggeringly tone deaf. The characters Lucas and Walliams play in Little Britain are often bigoted as hell - the most famous ones being blackface, an attention seeking gay man, and a disabled person who is lazy and only pretending. Neither of them are good authorities on what is offensive and what isn't.

And yeah, RDJ is the butt of the joke in Tropic Thunder, they're not the same beyond a very superficial level at all.

Baddiel was a xenophobe back in the 90s too. He's just another person who only cares about discrimination when it happens to a group he is a part of.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
This is the british version of "Biden is against weed, I'll guess he's bad as Trump" bullshit?

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
This is the british version of "Biden is against weed, I'll guess he's bad as Trump" bullshit?

Basically, the right wing are using antisemitism as a weapon against Corbyn because they are shit-scared of him (this is for various reasons, most involving tax and money in general) and they don't want Labour winning the General Election.

Yet the right wing and the press seems to very conveniently ignore the fact that they themselves are incredibly racist on a scale far in excess of whatever Labour has said or done, but this isn't getting aired nearly as much as it should due to the dominance of the right wing media in the UK (all they do is attack Corbyn and Labour).

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As an American, can someone give me the cliff notes on Corbyn and his connection to antisemitism?

I just saw post above. Thanks!