• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of the most successful smear campaigns ever.

Like the Tories aren't a hotbed of racism, bigotry, classism, etc... jfc

It really is successful, everyone thinks Corbyn is a racist, terrorist loving terrorist, untrustworthy evil mofo. I'm sure they'll add a few more things to the list before this election is over. It really is genius you have them overwriting proof that he isn't racist, and saying that because Nelson Mandela didn't want to meet him that somehow means he's racist? My brain just hurts thinking about it, its worse just knowing people like Rachel and my sister believe this shit.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok I am an outsider, but she is Jewish, and Corbyn has not been known for lets say great opinions.

Corbyn may have not been stellar at some points with anti semitism in the Labour Party, but at his core, I don't think he is one or racist in the slightest. There is scum and they are dealing with it, more than can be said for the Tories for example, I mean it's disgraceful and disheartening when it keeps cropping up and rooting out another one but always being vigilant and pushing a non racist agenda, educating is what they are doing. Making it a purity test helps nobody.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
...Are you sure that isn't a parody?
Because c'mon, it's got to be.
Screenshot_20191122-091317.jpg

Nah man lmao

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

Sounds like a Conservative Jewish person taking advantage of a situation to further the goals of the Tories.

But if its parody then Twitter going to Twitter, if it's not, just remember everyone social media opens up the world to finding the hottest of takes. Doesn't mean you need to generalize because one person is posting nonsense.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
And this is the main problem, people make a blank statement and others have to dig through years of history to debunk shit.

Not saying there isn't any anti-semitism from labour members but pinning it on Corbyn is absolutely bonkers.
Pinning it all on the leader doesn't make any sense especially when there has been a clear effort to actually do something about it.

A UK party did cancel it's investigations into antisemitism and Islamophobia.. and it wasn't Labour.

Perhaps we should be looking at the wider issues of anti-semitism among the political class and wider society, rather than using it as a tactic to score points during General Election campaigning

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine using twitter racism towards jews in labour to justify voting for the consevative party that created an environment where black british citizens were rounded up and sent to countries that were not their own.

Imagine using twitter racism towards jews in labour to justify voting for a conservative party who's Zach Goldsmith ran a disgustingly islamophobic mayor of.london campaign against Sadiq Khan and still hasn't had any calls to ne dismissed from.the conservative party.

Campaign this hard against ALL racism, or fuck off imo.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
But if its parody then Twitter going to Twitter, if it's not, just remember everyone social media opens up the world to finding the hottest of takes. Doesn't mean you need to generalize because one person is posting nonsense.
I only started looking into this after seeing how some prominent UK media personalities were bagging on Corbyn for pronouncing Jeremy Epstein's name "to accentuate his Jewishness" or something to that effect and being baffled that people actually eat this shit up.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
And it's a picture of his arrest for protesting against apartheid?

What strong contrast to show who is being anti-racist and who is using race opportunistically for political gain.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I only started looking into this after seeing how some prominent UK media personalities were bagging on Corbyn for pronouncing Jeremy Epstein's name "to accentuate his Jewishness" or something to that effect and being baffled that people actually eat this shit up.

I just remind myself conspiracy theorists and unhinged people have always existed, since the beginning of time, social media simply makes it far easier to find them with your own eyes rather than just hear about the few who get big enough second-hand via story-telling.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Pinning it all on the leader doesn't make any sense especially when there has been a clear effort to actually do something about it.

A UK party did cancel it's investigations into antisemitism and Islamophobia.. and it wasn't Labour.

Perhaps we should be looking at the wider issues of anti-semitism among the political class and wider society, rather than using it as a tactic to score points during General Election campaigning

True, but right wingers get away with everything everywhere because people expect them to be assholes.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any time the term "apartheid" is mentioned in media is a win in my book. Combining apartheid and anti-semitism is not a bad thing.
Except when it's taking an image of a man protesting apartheid and using it to call him a racist and a bigot when the image being doctored shows him as anything but.
You're being disingenuous

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017

I try not to look at UK news too much now I no longer have to live there.

But seeing David Baddiel post up about that was weird and he was being very serious about it.

I mean wtf?

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Surely it's for the company to decide if they want the bad PR ect. Why do the public and people here act like they get the call on a famous persons punishment by them getting the sack? Wholly bizzare ...
Your question is bizarre.

The company does decide. What are you on about?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Jeremy Corbyn is a sack of shit and the "there's no problem here" Baghdad Bob stuff re: anti-semitism is horrible.

But that doesn't stop this from being in incredibly poor taste.

Wait, is white washing apartheid just incredibly poor taste and not blatant racism now?

Also that's an incredibly disingenuous read of Corbin's attitude towards anti-semitism in the party.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except when it's taking an image of a man protesting apartheid and using it to call him a racist and a bigot when the image being doctored shows him as anything but.
You're being disingenuous
Basically Olaf is happy with black history being erased by white people. He doesn't care that a white woman used a image about the apartheid and made it about a white person.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically Olaf is happy with black history being erased by white people. He doesn't care that a white woman used a image about the apartheid and made it about a white person.
"Diet Racism without all the calories but really it's still heavy on your soul because you're a racist shill at heart" - everyone who has no problem with this pic.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I try not to look at UK news too much now I no longer have to live there.

But seeing David Baddiel post up about that was weird and he was being very serious about it.

I mean wtf?
Baddiel still hasn't apologised for doing black face with a pineapple haircut. Dude just moaned other people had done it and are fine.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any evidence of actual, genuine antisemitism by Corbyn and Labour under him?

By Corbyn? None that I've seen.

By some Labour MPs, yes.

And of course plenty of examples of antisemitism and other racism by assorted Tories and Johnson himself, but for some reason they aren't mentioned that often in the right wing press. It's hard to say why ..........

In fact the Tory party are anti-everything and anti-everyone (except for whatever accrues them more money and power).

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a silly consonant-vowel-consonant-consonant. Vorderman would never have done something like this and Whitely's turning in his grave, half a revolution every 30 seconds.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White-washing is definitely outright racism. There's no other way to spin it.

Also, gattdamn Corbyn gets people deranged, just deranged.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Someone having a different opinion than you is not someone being "disingenuous."

So you don't agree that it's blatant racism and is just something in incredibly poor taste?

Also it's not about having a different opinion, it's about you misrepresenting how Labours done more to look into antisemitism under his leadership compared to Labour under past leaders and the other parties.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone having a different opinion than you is not someone being "disingenuous."
Racism is alternative opinions now. Well in a sense it always was, just y'know not weaponised like this.

Is there any evidence of actual, genuine antisemitism by Corbyn and Labour under him?
Guy could have people who are anti-semites chucked out and it wouldn't matter (he did). It's that boogeyman aspect of JC that keeps him under your bed, the ever present but very undefined threat against the Jewish community who will do something but nobody can ever say what.

compared to the blatant dog whistling of immigrants and anti-Islamic bent that makes up the core of the Tory party and is disregarded because apparently it's fine for the Prime Minister to talk about watermelon smiles, piccaninnies and women who look like letterboxes.

it's only racism when the Labour Party apparently does it, and god forbid they get into power because reasons.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to think she was hot and liked her, but her Tweets have really slides me in her and today I unfollowed her. I don't think she's a nice person

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you don't agree that it's blatant racism and is just something in incredibly poor taste?

Also it's not about having a different opinion, it's about you misrepresenting how Labours done more to look into antisemitism under his leadership compared to Labour under past leaders and the other parties.
I don't know enough about the context to make that call. It's definitely in horrible taste and should be pulled and apologized for because the minimum level of awful this is is really fucking bad.

And no, Labour has not "done more to look into..." under Corbyn. Good lord. The "no actually hes the BESTEST" response to criticism is absolutely ridiculous.
Racism is alternative opinions now. Well in a sense it always was, just y'know not weaponised like this.
I wasn't responding to the fist part of the post with that. Congratulations on deliberately taking things out of context.

And yes the Tories are shit on this too.
You're right, we should be kinder to her. she comes from a different time and place, that universe with the 'berenstein' bears where mandela died in prison
And that goes for you too.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
When you fuck up, what do you do? Go on about the far-left!

Because you know, Corbyn is far-left or something.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017

Guy could have people who are anti-semites chucked out and it wouldn't matter (he did). It's that boogeyman aspect of JC that keeps him under your bed, the ever present but very undefined threat against the Jewish community who will do something but nobody can ever say what.

compared to the blatant dog whistling of immigrants and anti-Islamic bent that makes up the core of the Tory party and is disregarded because apparently it's fine for the Prime Minister to talk about watermelon smiles, piccaninnies and women who look like letterboxes.

it's only racism when the Labour Party apparently does it, and god forbid they get into power because reasons.

Those reasons being that the Tories, along with the right-wing media, don't want Labour forming a government (why is this? think TAX). Antisemitism is the stick that they are clutching to beat Corbyn with while oh-so-conveniently ignoring their own abhorrent racist views.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
I dislike Corbyn as much as the next person, and Riley is right in her anti-semitism campaigning and she undoubtedly gets tonnes of anti-semitic and misogynistic abuse.

BUT. This is absolutely the wrong way to go about it and really hypocritical and doesn't even come close to hitting the mark. It's completely idiotically provocative.