• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Looks like the backing rate is higher than it was 10 minutes ago. I guess people are noticing the kickstarter page is up.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also not a big fan of what I played of R-Type Final, but I'm willing to take a shot on this. I like the visuals and game footage they've shown so far.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yikes, 3000 Yen shipping on any physical items, I think I'd rather go with digital in that case...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Not to mention the stretch goals. They've gotta know they're not hitting the $3,000,000 mark.

Yeah they'll likely hit 400k easily. But alot of these low tiers on the stretch goals look like things that should be in the game anyway like leaderboards and subtitles. It doesn't exactly incentivize people to further invest who already are going to get the game in their own language anyway. The things people would actually would want to donate for (classic stage remakes) don't start until 900k USD.

Xythantiops

Oct 27, 2017
I also feel this way about Gradius. With Gradius V, Treasure wrote a love letter to all the best design tropes in the series, and it seems like a good place to end with that formula. Anything else will have to find something new to bring to the table.
Gradius VI developed in a modern engine would be a delight for me to see.

I don't need the formula to change for it to stay fun. More of the same but prettier is fine for me.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
The timeframe of this Kickstarter seems so weird, especially since some of the stretch goals really need to happen. The 2.5 million goal is really the one I want to see hit, I loved all the ships in Final. That said, I'll be glad if it even gets funded truthfully. Went in at the ~100 dollar tier, I wish I could do more to make this a reality, but it's cool that I may get to be a small part of bringing R-Type back.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Needs another stretch goal
3.000.000: "Scrap Final, we're making R-Type DELTA 2!!!!"

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Warning to backers who wants a console physical copy. Better make sure how they decide your game region.
fangamers decided my game region based on my shipping address.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
backed 🙌

NJ4o6h8.png

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Someone must've screwed up big time to only have the campaign last 7 days, I don't understand why they would make that kind of decision?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I want to... I so want to...

But between the price of the pledge for a digital copy and the expected release date, I'm just going to wait until release.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The timeframe of this Kickstarter seems so weird, especially since some of the stretch goals really need to happen. The 2.5 million goal is really the one I want to see hit, I loved all the ships in Final. That said, I'll be glad if it even gets funded truthfully. Went in at the ~100 dollar tier, I wish I could do more to make this a reality, but it's cool that I may get to be a small part of bringing R-Type back.
They say they're making dozens of ships, given how much redundancy there is in the Final ship list (several ships being just like the previous ship but with one more charge loop) that'll probably cover all the interesting ships. Would anyone ever miss, say, the R-9AD2 Princedom?

I paid enough for that but opted for digital only since the shipping is just so much money that I'd rather contribute to the project than shipping.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
They say they're making dozens of ships, given how much redundancy there is in the Final ship list (several ships being just like the previous ship but with one more charge loop) that'll probably cover all the interesting ships. Would anyone ever miss, say, the R-9AD2 Princedom?

I paid enough for that but opted for digital only since the shipping is just so much money that I'd rather contribute to the project than shipping.

There's probably a bunch I wouldn't actually miss, but I had a huge obsession with unlocking them all and reading their little tidbits of lore. Final isn't the best R-Type out there, but it scratched this really specific itch for me with wanting to see all kinds of R series ships and getting weird shmup story. In a perfect world I'd still like to see all the ships, but I'll just be happy to see another R-Type happen...if it happens.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is gonna get funded. Hopefully we get a few of the classic levels. And a port of Final so I can try that out...

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I just backed it with the 3300 Yen tier for the digital code. This is actually the very first Kickstarter project I'm supporting (not sure why I was waiting for this long tbh). Granzella will always get my full support. Hopefully it'll be successful. After Disaster Report 4 getting resurrected and now R-Type Final 2 being a thing, I'm still dreaming that one day they might be able to get the Bumpy Trot / Steambot Chronicles license from Irem to resurrect the cancelled sequel.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

X68k

Oct 25, 2017
backed for 200 USD, in for the 100 plysical tier

i believe in kujo

Style is on point, gameplay looks a little slow. Wonder if they just slowed it down for the trailer.
it's likely the 2 trailers they've shown were hand animated proof-of-concept videos and not in-engine

i would hope the game doesn't end up having floaty, euroshmuppy analog controls instead of tight 8-way digital movement

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Unless they added a speed function, i don't think its gameplay footage exactly. The ship moves too smoothly and at various speeds. I think its something akin to a real-time cutscene.
Yeah, human input doesn't look like that even with analog controls. Even if that's realtime it's pre-programmed movement following some curve, not actual input.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
They really need to reconsider their KS approach. I'd suggest:
  • pushing the deadline back to a month
  • Add more consistency with backer rewards(e.g. always get a digital copy and other features for $20 and above)
  • Give away R-TYPE Dimensions download codes for higher reward tiers.
  • Chop off most stretch goals in the millions until they get closer to the 6-digits.
  • Promise R-TYPE Dimensions 2(with Leo, III and Delta) and a remaster of Final.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Over half way and more flexibility at higher reward tiers, we might get there. I don't know how many, if any stretch goals we'll hit in 7 days, but I'll just be glad to see it funded.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Backed it for a digital copy. I don't even know how many hours of Final i played on the PS2.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I see this clearing $1,000,000. Can't see it doing much more than that, but a nice even million seems likely based on the opening-day take.

Backed for a physical copy for the collection, but I wish there was a Physical & Digital version available so I could have my console on the shelf and a Steam version too.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Backed for the physical & soundtrack, but very surprised it's only a one week campaign. I think this would have comfortably reached the goal in a month and hit stretch goals. They're going to struggle to hit any of the stretch goals in a single week.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Backed for the physical & soundtrack, but very surprised it's only a one week campaign. I think this would have comfortably reached the goal in a month and hit stretch goals. They're going to struggle to hit any of the stretch goals in a single week.
Maybe just different tactic. With long campaign some people instead of pledging instantly could just put on hold until later date and then don't pledge at all.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe just different tactic. With long campaign some people instead of pledging instantly could just put on hold until later date and then don't pledge at all.

True, but you also miss out on people who never get to hear about it at all. I've seen plenty of 1 month+ kickstarters where some people only find out about it a few days before it's over.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
It seems like they're running this campaign themselves, so I think they just aren't interested in running a long campaign with rolling goals and so on.

Dwayne

Oct 27, 2017
The over the top postage cost is really making it hard for me to hold on. I'm currently pledged but i'm thinking if it makes it, I'll pull and grab it from Amazon JP upon release, the saving would be substantial.
Curious to see if they make it to their goal, i'm not super convinced they will, especially with the short time line.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like they're running this campaign themselves, so I think they just aren't interested in running a long campaign with rolling goals and so on.

They've got stretch goals going up to 3.5M - if they were interested in actually hitting any of them it's bizarre to just go for a week imo.

Plus they only get interesting at 900K, which is more then double the initial goal. I don't think subtitles for a shoot'em'up are going to be bringing in many people.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Shipping costs are so fucking high...why. I still backed it for the physical but I hope they fix the shipping rates, 30 bucks is ridiculous