• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verder

Oct 28, 2017
Big fucking yikes. I didn't even listen to the audio and I can already tell where this is going

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this whole day has been really awful in terms of voice actors revealing their true faces.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we wait and see if Square recasts the role for the next KH game Axel shows up in. It's not like MGS is still a thing anymore.

I figured Disney was in charge of casting. Since they own the Kingdom Hearts characters.
But yeah, he's likely gone as Disney wants none of that. Plus, I don't think he has the same contract James Woods has.

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, he's absolute scum. That is truly awful.

He's voiced some of my favorite characters. It sucks to know how twisted the person is behind the voice, but people like this need to be outed and uprooted.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I feel like every veteran voice actor is probably a piece of shit.
This industry seriously need to focus on new talents instead of hiring the same people despite the horrible things attached to them.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Damn it, he used to be one of my favorite VAs back in the day. Glad this is getting exposure, fucking predators.
Same, I liked him as Axel/Reno but tbh a while back I heard some things that he was right wing and he liked some pro trump conservative tweets and said some sexists language like "w*ore* so I've been iffy about him for years

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Can someone explain the Instagram DM's? It's sounding like they actually sent him a unrequested sex vid?? Or is that the content on their insta is?

Oct 26, 2017

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting.

Damn it all...
*sighs* Looks like Axel's getting double recasted going forward. I'd say Raiden too but that would imply Konami would make another Metal Gear game.

They don't recast voices for JPN actors. They didn't have Phil speak in KH3 because he died, I doubt they would react Fujiwara's Axel.

Merc_

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Man, why is it so hard for these morons to control themselves?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
*points to Master Xehanort* They recasted him.
Axel is way too popular, they'll recast him.

Xehanort was absolutely necessary for KH3, there was no other way around it. With Axel they could just retire the character. He's not the most relevant person to the plotlines leading into the next saga anyways, so it probably wouldn't have much of an impact whether he's involved or not.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Xehanort was absolutely necessary for KH3, there was no other way around it. With Axel they could just retire the character. He's not the most relevant person to the plotlines leading into the next saga anyways, so it probably wouldn't have much of an impact whether he's involved or not.

Axel is directly tied into one of the many dangling plot threads left by Kingdom Hearts 3 (the mysterious girl he and Isa tried to save in Radiant Garden) which could well be very important, depending on which theories you ascribe to.

That plus the "Twilight Town gang" being regularly referenced in post-KH3 stuff means he'll show up again, it's just more a question of how. For all we know we'll just get another mobile game in which case he wouldn't need VO at all, but we're just as likely to see a full-on midquel bringing back everyone.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Damnit, I liked his performance as Axel, well fuck him. I hope they recast him.

Idk about that, KH3 made it clear that Axel will continue to be relevant alongside Isa in finding the mysterious girl they were friend with.

Oct 25, 2017

As mentioned, Axel/Lea has a role to play with the unidentified Subject X.
By the way, Xehanort shows up in Melody of Memory. So it's not just a "finish up for KH3" thing. He's likely going to keep showing up in some form too.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned, Axel/Lea has a role to play with the unidentified Subject X.
By the way, Xehanort shows up in Melody of Memory. So it's not just a "finish up for KH3" thing. He's likely going to keep showing up in some form too.

I know about Subject X. I also don't think he needs to be involved. Isa is perfectly capable of going on an adventure to find her without RAX tagging along.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
I know about Subject X. I also don't think he needs to be involved. Isa is perfectly capable of going on an adventure to find her without RAX tagging along.
There is no way they're going to miss an opportunity to keep Axel (and in turn Roxas and Xion) around seeing as how darn popular he (they) are, and lets be real Isa isn't going to be able to carry this subplot all on his own.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's disappointing.

They're not going to retire Axel, but they definitely should recast the role now.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm legit trying to understand this so he got involved with one person and the relationship ended and she posted his dirty audio msgs? When I see fanbase I would think there are multiple people, but this is one person??
He was flirting with a bunch of lady fans at the same time, it seems. Making them each feel special. Probably outright cheating.

It's a dick move, sure, but I disagree on the harassment accusation. With the messages I'm reading it looks like they were all flirting back and forth and once he felt they were interested he'd ask for pics or videos.

Since they're fans of his, he thought it'd be easy. Kinda sad.

Don't lie, and never shit where you eat. It always catches up to you.

EDIT: disregard. The full Twitter thread has some real damning shit in there, yikes.

Last edited:

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way they're going to miss an opportunity to keep Axel (and in turn Roxas and Sion) seeing as how darn popular he (they) are, and lets be real Isa isn't going to be able to carry this subplot all on his own.

Sure, but imo they need to start trimming the fat and reducing characters otherwise there's going to be way too many people running around. We've got all these Verum Rex and UX characters at the forefront of the next saga who would be competing with fan favorites that people are reluctant to let go of. I'd rather the older cast be given reserved roles or be straight up retired than unnecessarily bloating up the game and dividing focus that could be given to more relevant characters in need of development.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Sure, but imo they need to start trimming the fat and reducing characters otherwise there's going to be way too many people running around. We've got all these Verum Rex and UX characters at the forefront of the next saga who would be competing with fan favorites that people are reluctant to let go of. I'd rather the older cast be given reserved roles or be straight up retired than unnecessarily bloating up the game and dividing focus that could be given to more relevant characters in need of development.
I don't disagree, they should trim the cast abit but I doubt Nomura will ever do that. Tho in this particular case Axel is directly related with finding the mysterious girl so that would be hard.

Not to get too off-topic; I hope SE finds a new VA for Axel and don't turn a blind eye to this.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
Alright. This is pretty disturbing to read about. Knowing the number of teenage girls out there in particular who are really into Kingdom Hearts, I'm actually pretty concerned to think about what could have been transpiring this whole time.

I was supposed to be getting a bunch of stuff done but this news threw me completely off and now I'm just... completely disgusted. Now I'm thinking about the fact he sure as hell isn't going to be the last VA or even industry-related person to be doing something like this. There's a massive amount of influence you can have over people when you're in the entertainment industry regardless of the medium and it's beyond upsetting that people such as him or countless other VAs, performers, writers, directors whatever the hell they may be clearly don't fucking understand common decency.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
How fucking gross.

I've never been a big Quinton Flynn fan, but it doesn't matter. Just disgusting, and the VA world seems so full of shitty people. The few friends I have that are in that part of the industry are good peeps, but a lot of them are just trash.

I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Time to go old school. Get rid of VA for all video games. We don't know who else has a shady past.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Stop idolizing people and you won't be disappointed ever again.

That, and just set all games to the Japanese voices with Eng subtitles. Don't get me wrong I'm sure many of them are dickheads too but they seem to stay off the socials so you can claim ignorance is bliss.

I remember people idolizing Henry Cavill here cus he likes PC gaming and he's in the The Witcher - seemingly forgetting how much of asshole he was during the MeToo peak in Hollywood.

Anyway, reading this timeline is disturbing. Do so at your own risk. Disgusting behavior. I hope there is something there that he can be charged with criminally. But I'm not a legal expert so I don't know.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
How fucking gross.

I've never been a big Quinton Flynn fan, but it doesn't matter. Just disgusting, and the VA world seems so full of shitty people. The few friends I have that are in that part of the industry are good peeps, but a lot of them are just trash.

I hope he gets what's coming to him.
How many people are trash?

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Spent all evening catching up on this news after work and I'm devastated but also wholly not shocked at all.

He always gave me a few uncomfortable vibes and seemed pretty phony in his tweets.

Finding out he targets female fans using his fame is horrifying. If it were just him casually dating these women and being a fucking normal person then there'd be nothing to think about but he's been leading multiple women on at the same time (and apparently has been spreading STIs to them too?), using his status to manipulate them, harass them, and then moving on to the next target.