• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I sometimes wake incredibly early, while my partner sleeps for another hour or so. I love playing games during this time, but the clicky controls on the switch wake her up. Analogue control is okay, and touchscreen is okay too, but anything that uses button presses is too loud.

I already have the rumble disabled and the fan noise, while annoying, tends to stop a few Seconds after turning on the unit. Is the Switch v2 and mini quieter? I really hate active cooling on small electronics.

Are there any controllers for the switch which are quiet?

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know about your question, but it's really easy to connect controllers of other systems to the switch, so if someone suggests something for Playstation or Xbox, you could also use that.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried the Pro Controller? Other than the plus/minus and home/record buttons, it's pretty quiet.

TerryLee81

Oct 26, 2017
I HATE the clicky buttons on the joy-cons. It's the thing that bothers me most about the whole system. It's the reason I bought a Lite, much better buttons.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
Don't know about your question, but it's really easy to connect controllers of other systems to the switch, so if someone suggests something for Playstation or Xbox, you could also use that.
I assume OP meant joycons because usually on the bed it is most likely handheld. Loud clicky noise of joycons are worse then drifting for me, too.