• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Princess Bride’ At-Home Fan Film With Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner, Common, Tiffany Haddish & More Set At Quibi

Beginning Monday, Quibi will stream an all-star remake of The Princess Bride filmed by the actors at-home while in quarantine.

www.vanityfair.com

Watch the Celebrity-Filled Fan-Film Version of The Princess Bride

A-list actors worked in quarantine to create a homemade version of the classic film, raising $1 million for charity.

princess-diaries-quibi-opener-1.png

princess-diaries-quibi-embed-2.png

While stuck in quarantine over the past few months, some of the most famous performers in the world worked in secret to shoot a homemade fan-film version of the classic on their phones—which will be shown on Quibi chapter by chapter, day by day, for two weeks starting this Monday.

Filmmaker Jason Reitman devised the idea back in March, seeing it as a way to stay busy during the lockdown while raising funds for the World Central Kitchen charity, which has been helping thousands of restaurants stay afloat during the quarantine by paying them to provide millions of meals to the needy.

"The week that the stay-at-home order came through in California, I just woke up one of the first mornings, I think like most people did, feeling as though, All right, I need to be able to do something of value," Reitman told Vanity Fair. "I just thought, Can we remake an entire movie at home? And I had seen that a fan-made Star Wars had been done. I just started reaching out to actors I knew, saying, 'Is this something you'd want to do?' And the response was kind of immediate and fast. It was like, 'Oh—that sounds like fun.'"

The re-creation, first reported by Vanity Fair, will feature an A-list cast that includes couples Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner, Common and Tiffany Haddish, Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, and Chris Pine and Annabelle Wallis, along with Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Garner, Elijah Wood, Jon Hamm, Beanie Feldstein, Lucas Hedges, Jenna Ortega, Jack Black, David Oyelowo, Keegan-Michael Key, Patton Oswalt, Josh Gad, Andy Serkis, Diego Luna, Taika Waititi and Zazie Beetz and more.

Beginning June 29, Quibi will release chapters of the made-at-home movie daily for two weeks.

Check the Vanity Fair link for some footage.

Sign me up for a 3 month free trial if I am at least 6 Quibis late.

Plaguefox

Oct 27, 2017
My first thought: what the heck is Quibi?

Second thought: my wife and I will probably have to see this regardless of what Quibi is.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My first thought: what the heck is Quibi?
Only the greatest streaming service ever!

www.resetera.com

Quibi |OT| 90 days of free daily quibi

Quibi - /kwibē/ (noun): quick bites, brief Download on iOS or Google Play at launch, get 90 days free What is Quibi? Quibi is a new streaming service focused on offering bite-sized content exclusively on mobile. There are a ton of projects being planned for Quibi from Steven Spielberg...

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted to watch Princess Bride in portrait mode! Count me in!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like the cast and it seems like some of the original people behind the actual movie are on board (Rob Reiner + Fred Savage). Still, I am not very excited about it. I'm sure I'll see it as a curiousity but nothing about it looks very inspired.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's A cool concept. Probably something that people will remeber as kinda cool but pointless like the Parks and Rec reunion

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is cute and for charity, and with a good cast. Can't say I mind it.

Be Kind Rewind vibes big time as well.

Zultima

Mar 4, 2020
Watched the footage. No thank you sorry looks terrible. Not funny, boring. Just people reading the script while terribly cosplaying. Beyond "so bad it's good' and just flat out bad.

But of course it's for charity so now I feel like an asshole :/

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As long as they get Wallace Shawn to play the exact same role with the exact same lines again.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
looks fun tbh

though i dunno if i'd bother even if i did sub quibo or whatever it's called

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Anything bar a full theatrical feature film remake is fine I guess...

In my mind it is in the same DO NOT REMAKE camp as Back to the Future

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Can the market hurry up with this damn crash so we can finally get at least a short couple of years without unviable company ads being shoved down our throat. Please stop filling up my eye time with your embarrassing failure.