• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Goldenroad

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Most of you didn't understand the question.

He's not asking if digital games will work with BC, but if the license (right to play) of his current PS+ collection will carry over without rebuying.

As far as I know, that hasn't been addressed at all by Sony.
Average consumer: "Can I play Fallguys (PS+) on my PS5 too?"

Answer: ???

OK. At least two people least understand what I'm asking. And the answer appears to be that Sony hasn't addressed it yet. Unless any can link to somewhere where they have addressed it, in which case please do.

It just seems like something they'd be super happy to be pushing. "If you've owned a PS4 with PS+ since launch, even if you never bought a game, you're going to have a library of 100+ games ready to play when you boot up your PS5". Maybe it's because it's just "common sense" that they will all carry over, but if that's the case, why not just come out and say it?

We all know Fall Guys (and 99% of PS+ games), is going to be backwards compatible. That's not the question. It's just "Will the PS+ version that I got for "free" going to remain free for me to play as a continued PS+ subscriber on PS5?"

the answer has been unambiguously yes for some time.

Source please. That's all I'm asking for. If it's unambiguous then why hasn't anyone been able to provide a link where they have definitively said "yes all your PS+ digital library games will carry over to PS5?" I agree that it's the most likely thing with all the games being backwards compatible, but have they actually confirmed it, and where?

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, all my PS3 + games that were compatible with PS4 (yes there were a few) went forward. I'm pretty sure the license is a license and whatever BC tech there using doesn't distinguish between the game being paid for vs a + redemption, the only way I could see it not carrying forward would be for them to revoke them, which would also kill your ability to play them on PS4, which no matter what Sony's attitude is would start a shitstorm they don't want.

I mean I hate conspiracy thinking and a quick look at my post history would show I don't buy into or spread that sort of shit, but it really is getting to the point that it feels (and I am not saying this about OP or anyone in specific, just a feeling based on threads and trends) like there is an actual organized campaign to muddy the waters and spread disinformation about Sony and BC which is blown up further by concern trolls, worriers, and the uninformed just buying into the first thing they read.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Most of you didn't understand the question.

He's not asking if digital games will work with BC, but if the license (right to play) of his current PS+ collection will carry over without rebuying.

As far as I know, that hasn't been addressed at all by Sony.

Again, this makes no sense to me. Why would Sony remove the licenses you already have?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OK. At least two people least understand what I'm asking. And the answer appears to be that Sony hasn't addressed it yet. Unless any can link to somewhere where they have addressed it, in which case please do.

It just seems like something they'd be super happy to be pushing. "If you've owned a PS4 with PS+ since launch, even if you never bought a game, you're going to have a library of 100+ games ready to play when you boot up your PS5". Maybe it's because it's just "common sense" that they will all carry over, but if that's the case, why not just come out and say it?

We all know Fall Guys (and 99% of PS+ games), is going to be backwards compatible. That's not the question. It's just "Will the PS+ version that I got for "free" going to remain free for me to play as a continued PS+ subscriber on PS5?"

Source please. That's all I'm asking for. If it's unambiguous then why hasn't anyone been able to provide a link where they have definitively said "yes all your PS+ digital library games will carry over to PS5?" I agree that it's the most likely thing with all the games being backwards compatible, but have they actually confirmed it, and where?
They've said your digital games will, that includes PS+. You're just twisting yourself into a pretzel.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

1) The playstation collection is a PS+ library for PS5. It is made up entirely of PS+ sub PS4 games. That should be enough.
2) I believe the burden should be on you to elucidate how a PS+ version of a ps4 game differs substantially from a digital copy of a PS4 game such that it becomes unclear to you.

a PS+ game is a ps4 game. Just one you can't use if your PS+ sub lapses. It's still a PS4 game. Why would it NOT work?

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017

My guess is because it's so obvious they didn't feel the need to do it.

PS5 plays ps4 games. Your ps4 games are tied to your account. If your account is on a ps5 and since that ps5 plays ps4 games, why would your ps4 games not work on that account/ps5? There's no license transferring of any sort as your account holds the licenses.

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
Has anyone a link from Ms where they have definetly said that "yes all your GwG digital library games will carry over to Series S|X?"

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
Why would Sony have to address something they wouldn't do?

Apple doesn't announce they aren't going to nullify your app purchases when you buy the new iPhone.

MS doesn't announce they aren't going to nullify your downloadable titles you've purchased on Xbox.

Sony doesn't need to announce they aren't going to nullify PS+ redemptions. Every PS+ game will carry over, they are the same thing as the downloadable that you've purchased. If digital titles are playable, then so are PS+ titles.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I meant are the PS+ games that I downloaded and redeemed digitally on the PS4 all going to come forward and just be part of my "library" on PS5 (regardless of which sku I purchase), when I load up my PS5 for the first time

Your licenses are tied to your account, not to your console. So yes, they will be part of your library if you redeemed (or bought) stuff.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Sony have to address something they wouldn't do?

Apple doesn't announce they aren't going to nullify your app purchases when you buy the new iPhone.

MS doesn't announce they aren't going to nullify your downloadable titles you've purchased on Xbox.

Sony doesn't need to announce they aren't going to nullify PS+ redemptions. Every PS+ game will carry over, they are the same thing as the downloadable that you've purchased. If digital titles are playable, then so are PS+ titles.

This has to be a meme at this point. Not only does Sony have to announce the things they're going to do, they have to explicity announce the things they're not going to do, too? Come on, now. A little common sense goes a long way.

OP
OP
Goldenroad

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone a link from Ms where they have definetly said that "yes all your GwG digital library games will carry over to Series S|X?"

There is already precedence for how XBOX B/C works and will continue to work. Your 360 GWG games already work on XB1 so you know they will work on XSX. I get that everyone here is adamant that your PS+ games are all going to be coming to PS5 and are getting mad at me, as though I've implied that they're not, when all I've just been is asking is "will they be?".

It's fine though. I think the question has been answered to the best of anyone's ability. Mods can feel free to lock this thread.

Oct 27, 2017
There is already precedence for how XBOX B/C works and will continue to work. Your 360 GWG games already work on XB1 so you know they will work on XSX. I get that everyone here is adamant that your PS+ games are all going to be coming to PS5 and are getting mad at me, as though I've implied that they're not, when all I've just been is asking is "will they be?".

It's fine though. I think the question has been answered to the best of anyone's ability. Mods can feel free to lock this thread.
If it makes it any better, PS3 games that later got Vita ports but were PS Plus games gave you their versions free.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
They haven't really said anything about PS+. People just assume they wouldn't do something so anti-consumer like keeping your PS+ library locked to the PS4.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Well Sony didn't address how many times we can recharge the PS5 controller so I am wondering if the controller will work only a fixed amount of times and then I can't recahrge it and need to buy a new one?????? Please I need a confirmation in writing of every single detail about the PS5 please please please I cant stop making up weird questions and coming up with weirder assumptions for them by myself!!!! help please

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know why anyone is getting confused by this, it's not hard to grasp in 2020 of all years, think of it like an android phone, if i get an app on my android account for my phone, then upgrade my phone, I still have the app licence on my account to download on my new phone, even if it's given to me for free, it doesn't matter if you got it from ps+, the ps4 was notorious for having issues with not even letting you buy digital games you already claimed on ps+ so the licences are clearly the same as far as the psn is concerned, so yeah it will be there ready to go.

Also the save thing is weird to see people not understand either, if a game is a ps4 game and it's running on a ps5 in backwards compatibility mode then your ps4 save is gonna work if you move it over to your ps5, if the ps4 game upgrades to a ps5 version then your save may or may not work but that's because the developers have to decide that one not Sony, it was the same on ps3/vita/ps4 cross save games, often those games had a save slot in the game which was the "cloud" save so when you went to another console it synced that save.

People really have a hard time believing backwards compatibility is a thing for the ps5 for some reason, I don't know why they are suddenly sceptical based on the fact that in 2013 when they had the ps4 announce event cerny even mentioned one of the reasons he pushed for an x86 system was to help ensure backwards compatibility in future consoles, this isn't a new thing Sony have said they'd do it the last year, they openly said it was the plan to support your games going forward since 2013...

Rurmelly

Jan 31, 2018
"how can you ask such a stupid question" - ResetEra

Anyway OP I have been thinking this as well and the BC isn't clear at all and Sony has said nothing concrete to dispel these kind of questions. Hell if you live in the UK, a very large news org recently published an article saying that only the disc drive ps5 console was backwards compatible when it was revealed.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I would like to know if there is a list of games that will receive a free patch for next gen consoles. Sorry, OP, for using your thread, I didn't know where else to ask this.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is crushing it with this transition from your One to your new model.

Sony is... limping along. Eventually it won't matter, I don't think, for most people but yeesh. Every day gets more painful it feels like.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I would like to know if there is a list of games that will receive a free patch for next gen consoles. Sorry, OP, for using your thread, I didn't know where else to ask this.

www.resetera.com

The PS4/XboxOne -> PS5/Series game upgrade thread. Because boy, do we need it.

Anyone else been feeling like this trying to figure out how all these next gen game upgrades are going to work? This is a thread designed to try an keep all information regarding what games are getting next gen upgrades, whether or not those upgrades are free or not, and what platform those...

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Well Sony didn't address how many times we can recharge the PS5 controller so I am wondering if the controller will work only a fixed amount of times and then I can't recahrge it and need to buy a new one?????? Please I need a confirmation in writing of every single detail about the PS5 please please please I cant stop making up weird questions and coming up with weirder assumptions for them by myself!!!! help please

People really seem to be having a panic attack

They don't need to confirm it because it's obvious that you will still have access to those titles from PS+. Even the PS+ collection is just giving you the ps4 digital licenses of those games.

Last edited:

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
So the original question came up because a WaPo reported put out a tweet that wasn't super clear - the saves transferring issue relates to games where a PS4 version is upgraded to a PS5 version. PS4 saves will work on PS5 when playing the PS4 game.

It may be a case by case basis for the upgrade situation, however. The issue there is not cleared up, I don't think. Yakuza devs saying saves won't cross with the upgrade, while other games like Avengers are expected to.

Likely a case-by-case thing dependent on the developer. There were a handful of games that allowed you to bring your save from the PS3/360 generation to PS4/One. Battlefield 3 was one of them. Had to pay $10 for the upgrade, but was able to carry my information over. Was great going from 32 player maps and 30fps to 64 players and 60fps.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Still a bit worried about support for use of purchases from multiple accounts which I can make active on one console. My PS+ is not on my main account too.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
"how can you ask such a stupid question" - ResetEra

Anyway OP I have been thinking this as well and the BC isn't clear at all and Sony has said nothing concrete to dispel these kind of questions. Hell if you live in the UK, a very large news org recently published an article saying that only the disc drive ps5 console was backwards compatible when it was revealed.
Bad reporting has nothing to do with Sony. They said BC is 99%. That's it. It's really as simple as that. They never said only the disc model would have BC (because that would be stupid).

Status
Not open for further replies.