• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never listened to the show but I wanna give it a shot I'd like to start with the first episode and gradually work my way forward. Thing is.... I can't... actually find any episode online earlier than 38?

Is there a way to listen to the first 37 episodes or are they just gone to the digital ether?

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're all on Spotify. But also, feel free to ignore them if you want. The brothers themselves have acknowledged they were more problematic early on. If you're interested in following their growth as human beings though, then yeah it's worth listening to the early stuff.

Last edited:

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I've never listened to the show but I wanna give it a shot I'd like to start with the first episode and gradually work my way forward. Thing is.... I can't... actually find any episode online earlier than 38?

Is there a way to listen to the first 37 episodes or are they just gone to the digital ether?
That's an interesting way to go about it. They definitely do some call back jokes but I don't feel like they go that far back. Maybe they do and I just missed them. I've been listening for about five years and have seen them live. Great show but honestly I just picked them up at their most current episode when I started. I'll occasionally reach back though if I've exhausted the current shows

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
To be honest, at this point, you'd be better off starting with their latest and working backwards.

There's a lot of those damn things and very little from the beginning has survived what the show eventually turned into.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
They're all on Spotify. But also, feel free to ignore them if you want. The brothers themselves have acknowledge they were more problematic early on. If you're interested in following their growth as human beings though, then yeah it's worth listening to the early stuff.
This is my experience with last podcast. I started with their recent stuff and loved it but when you dip back about 4-5 years it gets fairly gross. And that's saying something given how raunchy they are still now

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
if you change your mind
i'm the first in line
Honey, I'm still free
Take a chance on me

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been doing the same. Its fun but as another poster said be aware that their earlier content was not as friendly as current. Justin in particular used to be a huge asshole lol.

They weren't the kind of awful most YTers were but off the top of my head they could be mean spirited in general and occasionally make some insensitive LBGT jokes. Nothing worse than you'd see on, like, a 2010 sitcom, but still little jarring from how they've grown.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
tbh i feel like the best way to experience mbmbam is through the clips people like to highlight on youtube, especially the animatics, because they churn content like a mother and a lot of it is kinda forgettable. But damn, those goofs

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
As it has been said, most people recommend not listening to their first 100 or so episodes. I started with the latest and worked my way backwards. It's a good way to do it.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
As it has been said, most people recommend not listening to their first 100 or so episodes. I started with the latest and worked my way backwards. It's a good way to do it.
This is also how I digested it. If you're looking for a good onboard, try the sponsored episode they did with Totinos a few years back. Hilarious episode that is a great standalone experience, and a way to get a sense of the humor.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
I would just start with the latest episodes, OP. You can always go backward if you like what you hear.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this related to the tv show My Brother and Me? Used to love that show

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my girlfriend got on the Brother train recently. Listen to new shows as they come out and then just kinda pluck old ones arbitrarily. There's no need to consume it all. Maybe work through the live episodes? (Though there are some brutal audience questions in there...)

Look up "glistening fish lifters," that's the only deep lore that matters.

Also listen to the Brothers Will Be In Trolls 2 pod.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Is this related to the tv show My Brother and Me? Used to love that show

i misread this and was losing my mind thinking that people get into mbmbam through their show and thought it was somehow nostalgic when it launched in 2017 lmao

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to start at episode 1.

In fact, i actually think the later episodes are so much better that it compensates for losing out on the origin of those few callbacks.
Like, you don't need to know when the first munch squad happened. Or who Drew Davenport is.
The great thing about MBMBAM is that it's funny no matter what.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i misread this and was losing my mind thinking that people get into mbmbam through their show and thought it was somehow nostalgic when it launched in 2017 lmao

Can't watch this YouTube linked now... but I guess it's not based on the show at all then? So what is it? 3 brothers having a chat about...?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch this YouTube linked now... but I guess it's not based on the show at all then? So what is it? 3 brothers having a chat about...?

it's a comedy advice show where they turn your questions alchemy-like into wisdom. basically they get questions and riff on them for a while, as well as mining the deepweb hellhole that is yahoo answers and occasionally finding other pieces of humour life ebaying haunted dolls or reading out fast food press releases

its pretty great

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it's a comedy advice show where they turn your questions alchemy-like into wisdom. basically they get questions and riff on them for a while, as well as mining the deepweb hellhole that is yahoo answers and occasionally finding other pieces of humour life ebaying haunted dolls or reading out fast food press releases

its pretty great

Alright. I'll have to put it on my list.

Also you should watch My Brother and Me.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Start at the halfway point, continue to listen to the newest as they come out too.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
while i've got some MBMBAM listeneres and related friends here, how is the latest adventure zone? Amnesty worth picking up?

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I started at episode 1 like a month or two ago. I'm currently on 270-something. You absolutely could start later but I prefer going from the beginning to catch up.

They're all available on the Apple podcast app.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
you might be better off just listening to the "best of" compilations they made of the early episodes