• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Achievements notifications on my phone are not refencing "Quake" but "Project Silver". Very weird. Hint for the next game? or something related to the Quake lore? still pretty weird as it's usually just the game name

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Holy crap...is that tweened animation I see on the enemies? Is that exclusive to this version, or has that ever been added before in mods?

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
They added controller support to the doom games on there too. Sometimes it's nice to lay back and play them not hunched over a KBM lol.
Not in Quake multiplayer. Haha. This is fantastic news. All of us from EFnet #quake still have a discord server, and actually the IRC channel is still running, too. Not many of us left, but we are here. Romero / Carmack used to sign on all the time. Quakecon back in the day was the real thing, we'd lug our gigantic PCs and monitors all the way across the country for it. I miss those days. Buying this immediately!

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
IMG-20210819-214439.jpg

This is what I meant. In every other game you'd just see the game name

also googling "project silver" + quake doesn't find anything game related. neat

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to enable DSR on my 4K display to play Quake again at 8K (yes, 8).

Having the soundtrack back is so welcome too. This is lit.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Am I not getting the update on GOG or what? Fuck that store not getting all updates on the same games as Steam.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Many source ports offered animation interpolation. But these are actually redone models with redone animations.
With the base models? Interesting. I was under the assumption that required replacing the models, and I've always really liked the look of the base models (strictly keyframed animation aside, of course). I'll need to look into the source ports, as I already own the original on Steam, but I'm definitely picking this up on Xbox. Hell, I'm so excited that I just bought it for Xbox, despite already being subscribed to Game Pass.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Sick that my $2 Steam purchase from a year ago is now updated. I was disappointed that they were still selling Quake in the state it was in. Felt like buying an old CD-ROM and sticking it in my modern PC. Tried it out this morning and it runs perfectly at high res and high framerate with all the music intact.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Am I insane or did they make Quake 1 like, really really bright? The dark moody atmosphere is almost gone. Like, I was just playing Quake through Quakespasm last night and it wasn't this bright.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
So that guy that had tweeted there was another surprise. Has it been revealed yet? Or was it the quake 2 and 3 for PC ports?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Sick that my $2 Steam purchase from a year ago is now updated. I was disappointed that they were still selling Quake in the state it was in. Felt like buying an old CD-ROM and sticking it in my modern PC. Tried it out this morning and it runs perfectly at high res and high framerate with all the music intact.
I only bought it to get the .pak files for using in other things. Glad that it's now a really good modern version.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So is the PS5 version included if you buy the PS4 Quake?

I jumped the gun and grabbed it earlier despite having PC and Xbox so I'm dumb if it's paid.

Edit: Yes, and it's right there in the description.

Last edited:

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
Haha I bought this on Switch within 2 minutes of seeing this on Twitter, I love Quake so much.
Although Edward850 can you do anything about the icon? It needs the name on it!

Spook & Spell

Aug 3, 2021
It has the input settings on Xbox so I'm guessing yes. Haven't tested myself though.

Nvm, the settings are just for the controller assignments, thought they were for both.
Damn. Thanks for checking. Maybe they'll stealth add it in. The Doom ports didn't have it, then they did, then it was removed, and added in again.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust the minimum specs because Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters worked on Windows 7 even though it listed 10 as minimum. Downloading it at the moment and having fingers crossed that I'm right.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
From the Gamepass app I can only install to my Series X, when I launch Gamepass from my Series S Quake is not here.
Arg!

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017

For people who don't have it on steam, you can get it on indiegala for $1.26, I just bought it and the code does indeed work for the new version, all credit goes to Wario64 of course

EDIT: Seems to be already posted, still an awesome deal

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this is as fun as I remember lol. The multiplayer felt way too laggy from one test match, but I'll have to try some more. It feels decent on controller- not as good as DOOM, but it requires actual aiming so that's to be expected.

Elem

Oct 27, 2017
What's happening with Quake 2 and 3? Is it worth buying them on steam while they're cheap in case they get a remaster also?

ColR100

Jan 13, 2018
This really doesn't cut it for me or even get me tempted to purchase...and I grew up playing this, multiplayer over 14.4kbps modems, plus everything else had to deal with back in the day.

But after having Quake II RTX for the past year or two, this looks completely underwhelming.