• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HybridEidolon

Sep 27, 2020
Are we sure? Could the XSX upgraded version have RT? 120hz support?

Dunno why you'd want RT on Quake, but the Quake 1 engine infamously has issues running at >72fps without some clever source port magic. Since this is a KEX engine port to multiple platforms, they'd likely start with the original final source pre-GPL because of GPL constraints, so >72fps would probably be a stretch goal for a later update.

Zeneric

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
cj8y8d.png

Some people reported not seeing Quake on Steam anymore. I see it on Quakecon page on Steam (probably because I own it) - notice it's not on sale.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They just increased the game's price on Steam from $4.99 to $9.99. I got it at $4.99 at the last possible second it seems lol.

Wingus

Dec 8, 2017
Will be double dipping PS4/Switch for this.

Quake 1 is and always has been a favourite of mine (and I'm generally not an FPS player)

It's just THAT damn good :D

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
Bought the Xbox version and a few things of note (Played on Series X):

-It does support keyboard, I'm able to use it just fine. Can't get it to recognize a mouse though, even though the options has a section for one.
-Quake 64 seems to be the original 64 game, resolution and all. Noticeably blurrier compared to the main game, although as an option it's nice to have.
-Activating mods is exactly like it is with the unity ports of Doom.

Can't jump into the game any further atm (stupid work >:[ ) but I'm definitely giving this full attention later on.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
for some odd reason I have this on PC via the Bethesda Launcher. Hope they update those as well.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
The PS5/Series X patch is coming later and those details aren't known yet, so if ray tracing were to happen, it would happen when those versions get released and it wouldn't be listed in the current description. The PlayStation page even explicitly mention that it's running in backwards compatibility mode at the moment.

So you're telling me there's a chance! I hope the details will be revealed later today.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Unfortunately you gotta talk to Activision about those.

And they're only interested in Calla Dooty these days.
Do they? I mean, id Published them, and they run on the Doom and Quake engines. To my knowledge, the only thing Activision has to do with Heretic/Hexen/Hexen 2 is now owning Raven, who developed them. I mean, the games are even included in the id collection on Steam.

Edit: I guess Hexen 2 was distributed by Activision, but id was still the publisher.

Last edited:

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Playing it on my phone using my Razer Kishi right now. 60 fps helps with FPS titles on cloud streaming, but it's still less than ideal.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this game is packed with content on nearly every front. I know what I'm doing tonight! Is there gyro aiming on the PS4?

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, I downloaded the game from scratch. Steam said it was over 1 GB but the game barely seems updated. I don't see any options for high resolutions or widescreen, I don't hear any music when I start the game.

There's no Nightdive logo either. Weird.

edit: Launched it again. This time it started the right version.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i hope the old branch is still easily available for people if it makes it harder to mess around with in some ways

other than that i really appreciate the fact that i just got it for free!