• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Very sad to see this, as the game has been fun and only in Early Access since a few weeks. For those unfamiliar with the company, it had many of the former SWTOR leads from BioWare Austin, like Gabe Amantangelo and Dallas Dickinson. I hope everyone lands on their feet ASAP :(

https://www.playbreach.com/news/article/52/thank-you

Thank you for being a part of the Breach community. Thank you for being a part of our Technical Alpha and Early Access stages. Thank you for all the kind words of support and constructive feedback over the months, and thank you for believing in QC Games and Breach.

Unfortunately, today is the last official day for QC Games, as we begin winding down internal operations on Breach. We're sure you have a lot of questions about Breach, your accounts, and the future of the game. Our team is still working on defining what this means for Breach and for our community, and we'll post an updated article soon with answers to as many questions as we can cover.

Servers will remain online at this time and we will be turning off the ability to purchase both the Breach Starter Pack and in-game QC Points tomorrow (April 4th) during a maintenance period. Servers will come back online after our Thursday maintenance for those that want to continue to play Breach, and we hope to provide more information soon.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really sucks, hope everyone lands on their feet. I somehow get the feeling that breaking into this market has become more difficult than ever.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I literally never even heard of Breach until this post. When did it come out? It's really sad to see a company shutting down.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
Shame played it at PAX West and while it could have used more quality of life improvements it was fun to play, but sadly I knew it wouldn't be that popular since it was a 4vs1 game just like Evolve. I really wanted it to succeed but I just don't see much success as a game itself, maybe a game mode.
The game had a lot of charm and personality hopefully everyone can find other jobs quickly

OP
OP
Com_Raven

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Shame played it at PAX West and while it could have used more quality of life improvements it was fun to play, but sadly I knew it wouldn't be that popular since it was a 4vs1 game just like Evolve. I really wanted it to succeed but I just don't see much success as a game itself, maybe a game mode.
The game had a lot of charm and personality hopefully everyone can find other jobs quickly

Yeah, I think they stuck a bit too close to Shadow Realms (BioWare's cancelled 4vs1 game) here. Purely focusing on co-op may have worked more in their favour perhaps.

SeanBoocock

Senior Engineer @ Epic Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Thanks for the kind words. QC Games was great and probably the best team I've had the pleasure of working with so far in my career. Wish things had gone better of course but proud of what we built together.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Heard about it but never checked it out cause I've just never connected with other asymmetrical multiplayer games. I did recommend it to friend who is into RPG action games.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
These team vs players games are really not a good idea. I don't know how Dead by Daylight survives but all the rest seem highly unsuccessful.