• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Xeno Chronicles 2 sounds like a good game but these designs are just not it.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
I still have a strong negative reaction to Xenoblade 2's art style. Blech. Oh well, next is Elma, right? Yup. Gotta be.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Oh just thinking about the music makes me excited. Hopefully we get a huge selection of songs. I hope she tranforms into
Pneuma
for her Final Smash.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
As much as I liked Elma, I know for a fact that having her in Smash would be a huge spoiler for everyone.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Xenoblade 2 appears

Oh its gotta be Smash

Pyra and Mythra get

Oh people gonna hate this

I love it

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
On the plus side, it's new female characters for SSB.
On the minus side, they're some of the absolutely worst designs out of any character depicted in a Switch game.
And if I say "some of" it's because the worsts of the worsts are other characters in Xeno2.
ss_6.jpg

Can I get some clarification from experts on whether Mythra's underwear is showing through her outfit, or if I'm just seeing things and looking for another reason to hate these ridiculously shitty character designs even more?
You're luck she's wearing something on her legs really.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Not my boy Rex or Lora, but doesn't matter. We also get more Xenoblade 2 soundtracks too!

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
This was an amazing reveal, I love how it was actually in-game too. The moment it started I knew it was going to be Smash haha. Looks like they had fun making it.

I never got far enough into Xenoblade 2 to have an opinion on this, though I do think it makes sense. I really should go back and start it again after absolutely loving and finishing XCDE last year.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I have questions

2 maps? Gaur plain redone and Alrest with Gramps?
Shulks model redone?

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
They look nice, but I'm gonna need them to chill with the JRPG characters just a little lol.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Of the two fighter passes I basically only really like Steve. Many of the first pass were OK though outside of the first and last characters, and Min Min is OK too. I hope the they can pick it up with the final two characters, still holding out for Doomguy.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Scarlet "Shinobu" Jacobs, since we don't have to pick protags anymore.
Pyra/Mythra are still protags, & Min Min got in through Yabuki's "Everyone is a protagonist" excuse. Plus, after Sakurai didn't even consider Twintelle, I doubt he'd consider Shinobu over Travis (otherwise they would have held off on his Mii costume).

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awww yes. I love Pyra.
Now I want Xenoblade 2-2 with Pyra and Mythra like Final Fantasy X-2 PLEASE!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This actually makes it 7 characters for season pass 2 since Sakurai counting Pyra and Mythra as two numbers in the roster.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Pyra/Mythra are still protags, & Min Min got in through Yabuki's "Everyone is a protagonist" excuse. Plus, after Sakurai didn't even consider Twintelle, I doubt he'd consider Shinobu over Travis (otherwise they would have held off on his Mii costume).
I'm going to politely ask you not bother replying to me with "this is why this character can't get in".