• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Timing just doesn't work either. Elma's biggest chance was back in Smash 4 when Corrin was added as a promotional character. Second would have been Smash Ultimate's non-DLC roster. After that there was just no chance for her - they were gonna go with XC2 cause it's more recent.

It's a shame cause Elma would have been a more unique fighter but I knew she was done for her after she didn't get in the base game.
the only chance elma now has is if next smash comes out after xenoblade x2

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I've never liked her design, it's weird that I'd still be more annoyed if it were Rex, so at least there's that. Plus more Xenoblade music is always a win.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo! I think they were my most wanted characters. I always believed solo Pyra/Mythra was possible, I'm glad they went that route.

tata toothy

Dec 24, 2017
Smash 6 needs to go to a western dev if Sakurai wants to keep pretending JRPGs are the only genre that exists...

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I was worried when it seemed like it was just Pyra by herself, but a duo with Mythra is great since at least there's some of the core concept of the gameplay there.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Mythra's design is awesome fight me

Not on Smash though cause I dropped it immediately and can't play and now I will have to reinstall it and actually learn it.

Fromskap

Sep 6, 2019
Well, I'm just happy I managed to finish a game before it was included in Smash. Good music is a bonus too.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
ss_6.jpg

Can I get some clarification from experts on whether Mythra's underwear is showing through her outfit, or if I'm just seeing things and looking for another reason to hate these ridiculously shitty character designs even more?

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad it's not Rex. Well, he's mostly not there anyway.

Them shouting out the names of their level IV specials when doing them will never not sound funny to me. Not that I'm gonna see Final Smashes a lot anyway, but I feel like it should've been you-know-what.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wish it was Elma but finally a character that I'm actually interested in as DLC for smash. Season 2 has been mostly garbage until now which evens it back up.

It not being Rex is great though.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Not Elma or Poppi, but at least we got the best realistic Xenoblade 2 choice. First character this pass I actually care about, so I should probably get it now.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Honestly surprised they didn't tone down the ridiculous size of Pyra's chest. The cringe factor will probably keep me from ever playing her.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Definitely glad it's not Rex, and tbh I'm kinda here for Mythra!

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai heard all of the moaning about anime swordsmen, so no more of those.

Nobody said anything about anime swordswomen though.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's Xenoblade 2. Practically everyone is maximum anime, fanservicey, pandering otaku bullshit to the max.

Yet people go all "lol salt stay mad haters" to defend their pandering waifus and then go "ugh shit design" with Rex.

Like, some people just can't be more transparent even if they tried.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
All the women in the history of games and this is the choice
I'm glad it's not the ugly dude protagonist tho
This fighters pass is an absolute skip

Honestly surprised they didn't tone down the ridiculous size of Pyra's chest. The cringe factor will probably keep me from ever playing her.
They aren't about to anger the target market for buying her off the eshop

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling; Long History of Severe Bans For Trolling and Using Ableist or Alt Right Language and Memes
This was beautiful, not only did Smash only get about 5-6 minutes of screentime, but it was a character that would trigger Smash fans beyond belief. It was a good day today.