• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
I get people want black representatives. I really do, I'm the same. However, that ship sank with Twintale not making it in.

They weren't going to add Elma to this game. From one of the few Wii U titles they aren't bothering to port to the Switch. I mean, they even ported TMS, and that game flopped worldwide.

Also she's not even black. Goddamn, y'all.

It's the truth, but no one wants to hear you.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
1ggxtmb5s5zz.jpg
I can't stop giggling

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to figure out why Bayonetta's design doesn't bother me but Pyra's does
It's because Bayonetta is a sexually aware woman, and Pyra doesn't really seem like she is intentionally sexy.

That being said, Pyra is a good character, as is Mythra, and Xenoblade 2 gets unrightfully shit on for admittedly a little too fan service designs.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I get people want black representatives. I really do, I'm the same. However, that ship sank with Twintale not making it in.

They weren't going to add Elma to this game. From one of the few Wii U titles they aren't bothering to port to the Switch. I mean, they even ported TMS, and that game flopped worldwide.

Yeah for real to the Twintelle part
When I saw Min Min got in, it was over
no beef to min min tho

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
...wait so the change was pantyhoses? I must have imagined Pyra having a boob window, I haven't actually played the game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

no beef to min min tho
The problem wasn't that Min Min was chosen, but rather that Sakurai didn't even consider Twintelle.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Last two DLC have went full-on anime bullshit lol. Not a fan.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad it's a Female and for Blade 2 fans...but I cant help but feel salty that Elma wasn't the choice.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, what's another black character they could add to Smash that isn't Twintelle? And I swear if anyone says Elma...

no beef to min min tho
Min Min was my main in ARMS, so I'm glad she made it in too. Honestly would have preferred Twintalle though, but Chinese representation is also good.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao those two are something else in terms of terrible design.

It's Xenoblade 2. Practically everyone is maximum anime, fanservicey, pandering otaku bullshit to the max.

I'm shocked that Morag who is dope as fuck and not sexualized in the least comes from the same game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Real talk, what's another black character they could add to Smash that isn't Twintelle? And I swear if anyone says Elma...

Min Min was my main in ARMS, so I'm glad she made it in too. Honestly would have preferred Twintalle though, but Chinese representation is also good.
Doc Louis, Cherry Hunter, Rodin (though his Assist Trophy is a huge hurdle), & Marina come to mind.

Nov 17, 2017
It's probably because Xenoblade 2 was the breakout success for the series.
Timing just doesn't work either. Elma's biggest chance was back in Smash 4 when Corrin was added as a promotional character. Second would have been Smash Ultimate's non-DLC roster. After that there was just no chance for her - they were gonna go with XC2 cause it's more recent.

It's a shame cause Elma would have been a more unique fighter but I knew she was done for her after she didn't get in the base game.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doc Louis, Cherry Hunter, Rodin (though his Assist Trophy is a huge hurdle), & Marina come to mind.
Lol at Doc Louis. That's all I can really say on that.

Cherry Hunter would be cool as well, but don't see it happening. If by some miracle SoR actually got a rep, they'd probably go with Axel. The best bet would be that they somehow went for Adam instead.

Rodin would be cool, but yeah the Assist Trophy is a problem.

A Pearl and Marina duo like Ice Climbers would be cool. I don't see them adding just Marina by herself.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Oh so this is what it's like when a character you enjoy gets added to smash and everyone else gets super pissy.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Still terrible designs, but hey, what can you do. They are part of the Xenoblade universe, and more Xenoblade is always good.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Gonna try to find it but I remember when first talking about Smash Ultimate on this forum there was a poster very upset that xenoblade 2 wasn't getting a fighter in the base roster and it's odds of ever getting anything more we're shit.

Hope that user is happy now haha

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
this was my biggest fear when I bought the season 2 pack. at least its not rex. pretty low on the list of things to fear in the world though lmao, so I'll live

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I only know her as the scantily clad animu chick from that animu game. Voice acting just as stilted as expected. But hey, her gameplay seems great, so there's that?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Great choice! Nia would have been the best, but this is much better than Rex. Can't wait to play as her!