• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
"More female representation! Yay!"

Does it count if its misogynist character design 101 though... really

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Local japanese company does everything in its power to hold onto the title of being the only current fighting game with no black characters

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
The great thing about this pack for me, is that from my perspective you can't realistically go any lower than Steve so everything has been excellent since his reveal.

Oct 25, 2017
for smash ultimate's final update sakurai will delete all characters that are not anime swords and the game will reach its true potential

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they decided it was too complex to more accurately reflect the XB2 battle system of having Rex and Pyra/Mythra out at the same time.

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
If Mai Shiranui was considered too risque to even appear in the background for a Smash stage, how are these two considered acceptable to be an actual character lol

I remember reading an interview of Sakurai (I guess, could have been some other developer who worked on Smash) where they talked about Japanese ratings board CERO. According to the interview, legwear of female characters is a HUGE deal. If a female character looks like you could see her panties, it's pretty much automatic rating B (12+) instead of A (all ages). If a woman wears a long skirt or any kind of pants/shorts/covering pantyhose they are fine, CERO doesn't give a fuck about exposed midriffs or skin tight clothes, and they're pretty relaxed about boobs as well.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meh.

I'm sure people will be happy but this doesn't do much for me. Glad there's more female representation.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
God I'm so fucking happy. This is literally my dream Smash character. I would've been happy with Rex but this. This is what I've always low key wanted

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I can't believe they added the anime waifu over the protagonist, and not only that, they've added TWO.
also I didn't even notice the boob widow covered.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
Prya and mythra are cool and they look cool from the trailer. I hope they play well. Probably the best female character they could add

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
not my first choice but as a Smash player I did geek when she switched to Mythra. Cool to have another transforming character in the roster again

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get people want black representatives. I really do, I'm the same. However, that ship sank with Twintale not making it in.

They weren't going to add Elma to this game. From one of the few Wii U titles they aren't bothering to port to the Switch. I mean, they even ported TMS, and that game flopped worldwide.

Also she's not even black. Goddamn, y'all.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We got renders

main.png

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a Fire Emblem character or Tracer from Overwatch so I consider this a W. lol

Nov 17, 2017
b7bfaf54b46fbb387eb578ad8cf402cd.png
RIP

I get people want black representatives. I really do, I'm the same. However, that ship sank with Twintale not making it in.

They weren't going to add Elma to this game. From one of the few Wii U titles they aren't bothering to port to the Switch. I mean, they even ported TMS, and that game flopped worldwide.

Also she's not even black. Goddamn, y'all.
Idk I just wanted Elma cause she's a cool character from a good game. It's really unfortunate how X is completely ignored in Smash. Not even any music tracks.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
"More female representation! Yay!"

Does it count if its misogynist character design 101 though... really

I'm that desperate, lol. I genuinely like Pyra and Mythra as characters, though, it's just some elements of their character designs are... yep. I wish we could have had Elma, but Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't have the same recognition as Xenoblade Chronicles 2, sadly. (Port XCX to Switch, Nintendo!)

Local japanese company does everything in its power to hold onto the title of being the only current fighting game with no black characters

This, sigh.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Pyra design still sucks. They didn't do enough to save it unlike the Mythra redesign.