• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The last major content update was in 2016! Since then it has been small things and balance patches.

This is awesome news. PvZ Garden Warfare 2 is an excellent game that's definitely worth giving a shot and now that they are breathing new life into it it's a great time to check it out!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, that's crazy. GW2 is an awesome game. Is there anything resembling a community for this on PS4?

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to play this as recently as this month and there was just nobody.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I thought there was a book that said a Garden Warfare 3 was coming? Maybe it got delayed

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first was cooler but I still liked the second and the additions it brought. Hope the third game is a culmination of the two and we won't ever need another one.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
How I feel. First one had me hooked. The sequel was ill-fated ever since the rose situation. The maps were awful in comparison as well.

Good that there's something extra for those who do enjoy 2 at least.
According to some fans, GW2's maps suffered when they decreased the game speed after launch.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
One of the worst sequels I have ever seen.
First one was amazing.

I concur. First one was simple, lightweight, and had a simple progression system that made it really fun to come back to. The second one was a complete reversal -- the open world map thing was terrible, and the new classes and maps were really unbalanced.

Hope GW3 simplifies things.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First one was amazing.
Yeah honestly I have to agree with this. Loved the first one, the second was pretty disappointing. Still fun to play but pretty unbalanced, far worse maps, some really gimmicky modes that just got in the way, and the single-player hub stuff wasn't very fun.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone could say GW2 is worse than the original. They improved upon it in every way and the hub world was great.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
tenor.gif

Talk about way too little, far too late.

First one was amazingly great, the second.....had absolutely zero charm of the first.
Could have been amazing, so much wasted potential.

Also I'm amazed that some kind of GW game wasn't announced for the Switch.
Seems like the perfect fit.

Lumines

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone could say GW2 is worse than the original. They improved upon it in every way and the hub world was great.

No they did not.

The frame rate is worse, the sound design is awful, characters are even more unbalanced and the leveling system is absolutely atrocious.

That's just to name a few.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
This is good

I still have this installed but haven't played it since around release. It was good, but multiplayer just doesn't hook me like it used to.

I've been meaning to play it some more and finish the 'campaign.'

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First one was amazing.
Ya the first one was way better but I can't really explain why? 2 had some cool new characters but the matches didn't flow as good advice the first.

I honestly think part one is one of the best multiplayer shooters this gen, and on top of that the graphics and art style make it one of the best looking games this gen still.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
To the people saying 'well, I can find matches no problem!', you're confusing 'a large playerbase' with 'the dedicated few'.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Second one is quite mediocre compared to the first, but still decent fun. The maps were very meh in the second game.

I'd rather they just make a third, can't see myself re-installing the game for what will probably be weekend only, or time limited content, along with more sticker packs.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing less than a month after they released the last few characters. Fuck you Hover-Goat 3000.

They've been balancing the game and adding new modes for quite some time, but this update sounds like they're saying "We're not getting the resources to make a sequel for awhile, sorry"

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
How I feel. First one had me hooked. The sequel was ill-fated ever since the rose situation. The maps were awful in comparison as well.

Good that there's something extra for those who do enjoy 2 at least.

Yeah kibd of weird. For a game that supposedly has more of everything thw first game had, i ended up dropping it pretty quickly and going back to the first. I can't put my finger on why I had more fun with the first game though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't enjoy this as much (thought it tried to do too much stuff for no reason), but it was still fun, and active, on PS4 when I tried it last month. It's cool that it's getting more content.

I think a big problem I had is that the aesthetic was primarily Zombie themed on this one, so a lot of the maps were dark with lots of purple, compared to the bright, sunny maps from the first game. It just wasn't as charming.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Why would they release more DLC for this game? I'd rather they just work on GW3 now...

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just hope it didn't kill the franchise as I remember it being heavily discounted rather quick. To be honest, I completely forgot about this franchise untill I noticed this thread, GW3 could very well be one of my most anticipated games if they went back to the basics. :(

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
I played the sequel way more. I like the hub. Played this way more than the first but I haven't explored most of the newer content since the gnome was added.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
The pessimist in me says this is so they can dig out the old assets and do a Switch "GW2 DX" port without losing too much money - timed to release simultaneously with GW3 on the other platforms, obviously. 눈_눈