• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Putin and the Russian government are going to receive a massive economic squeeze, that I don't know how they will recover this war from a financial perspective. Perhaps when it's all said and done, he will be removed from office one way or another. He's taking a monumental bet on going ahead with this invasion.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
This kind of claim requires a source.
The original source is Russian and honestly it is hard to get much out of that area right now (why I said supposedly), but the source retweeting has done a good job vetting so far. This could be from an OPSEC reason too since videos were coming out showing troop movements.

Dopsi

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder what's going on in the background..Biden was supposed to speak almost 1 1/2 hour ago

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter what Putin thinks or what he is surprised off at this point.
The Duma, Oligarchs, and general population who thought the west would falter are getting scared.

they thought the west would falter? the writing was on the wall 2-3 weeks back; these aren't some nobodies living in a village somewhere; they were in the know.

Like I said, Russia isn't turning back now; regardless of what sanctions you put on them.

They might decide not to go further in; but they aren't turning back.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Putin and the Russian government are going to receive a massive economic squeeze, that I don't know how they will recover this war from a financial perspective. Perhaps when it's all said and done, he will be removed from office one way or another.
Was just going to say the exact same thing. Plus souring foreign relations, strengthening and further necessitating EU/NATO, and uniting former Soviet bloc countries (beyond economics) against their oppressor. Getting rid of Putin would be the only way to start that road to recovery.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That was unequivocal.

The US and NATO are firmly on the sidelines. No military intervention or boots on the ground. None.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I think Biden continuously repeating "The US will not fight Russia militarily" is a silly thing to say. Of course no one is going to fight Russia. That is WW3. It doesn't need to be said.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I think Biden continuously repeating "The US will not fight Russia militarily" is a silly thing to say. Of course no one is going to fight Russia. That is WW3. It doesn't need to be said.
Think it's actually wise to keep reiterating. Just totally cuts Putin's narrative about western military encroachment off.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

Have you seen the tankies all over social media and even in this very thread calling the US the aggressor? It needs to be repeated...

HowieZowie

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 21, 2021
Is Russia really bombing Ukraine and telling the world its helping to protect Ukraine, not bomb it? What in the fuck is going on? Seems so ass backwards and shitty. Is this really happening?

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
EU and US doing well here. UK is pathetic so far. Good to see also Asian countries stepping up to this. Put all the pressure on Putin and his yesmen and oligarchs.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
It's kinda weird Putin going through with all this knowing the economic toll this will take on Russia

Let's be honest, the economic toll will only be suffered by the middle and lower class. The rich will be just fine, and it's even a good opportunity to buy more capital from businesses that get hit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.