• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The longer those troops march back and forth along the border, the more fuel they burn. The longer Ukraine has to beef up its defenses. The more those Russian soldiers freeze in the field, hopefully catch Covid and become incapable of prolonged fighting.
Yep. It gives Ukraine time to figure out how they will deal with the incoming forces. So it's a good tactic that they aren't firing back currently. Because if they did, it'd be too late to make plans

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Military convoy of more than 100 trucks with soldiers seen on its way towards Ukrainian border in Russia's Belgorod region according to reuters

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Yup. Putin recognized the two breakaway regions, demands that Ukraine negotiates with them, as though they're legitimate, and then when they don't, says "oh well, I tried, diplomacy has failed" and then attacks. It's so pathetic and flimsy to the rest of the world, that I can only imagine that it's simply a play for the Russian public's approval.

Which, again, indicates that there was no diplomatic solution that either Ukraine or the West could have reached with Putin. This was preordained months ago when the troop buildup began. We're seeing the results of efforts that started probably as far back as 2014.
The only diplomatic solution that would9e satisfied Russia would've been if Ukraine rolled over and implemented Minsk 2 in Russian interpretation, amending the constitution to become a Bosnia-like confederation, with the puppet states having veto say over every policy decision.

Once they realized Ukraine wasn't going to bend, they had to either deescalate or take the next steps.

Nov 27, 2020
The only diplomatic solution that would9e satisfied Russia would've been if Ukraine rolled over and implemented Minsk 2 in Russian interpretation, amending the constitution to become a Bosnia-like confederation, with the puppet states having veto say over every policy decision.

Once they realized Ukraine wasn't going to bend, they had to either deescalate or take the next steps.
For a country trying to maintain it's sovereignty, that's no solution at all.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

fucking republicans going all-in for Putin already. I don't think my mental health can really handle *gestures around wildly*

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
At least the weather has improved in Ukraine, it's above freezing now. This means armored vehicles will have trouble getting around through the mud. Chances of a quick decisive Russian victory seem slim.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry havent had a chance to keep up with the thread, have you guys seen the below video

The guys soul leaves his body when he messes up his speech

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't let "Covidian" become a thing...

What the fuck does "Covidian" even mean? People who acknowledge Covid exists and want to minimize deaths?

If anyone's "Covidian" it's the chucklefucks stanning for a virus by demonizing the vaccine and every other preventative measure.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Made the mistake of gauging my MAGA fathers response to Putin invading. "Let him. They're neo nazis"

Absolutely disgusted. And then blamed it on me voting for a "weak ass senile president". There's no lows they won't stoop to.
Shout outs to the folks online who spend more time posting pictures of Azov than talking about Nazis in their own countries.

Fuck every one of them.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017

oh-snap-surprise.gif

This is a brilliant response and I'm glad I read it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I read this as pro-isolationist rather than pro-Putin. End result might be kinda the same, but I think there is a distinction.

They like Putin and Russia because white supremacy and Christian, fuck anyone that gets in the way as Putin does. That's the gist of it. They want Trump and US to be that.

GGenoGold24

Banned
Feb 21, 2022
This is not stopping the invasion but it may hurt the occupation, if not make it impossible if backed with military support for a resistance.

*This will take years to happen. (Approximately 4-6 years from now).

You can't forget that Russia is invading Ukraine to resettle it. This is no Afghanistan, a country on the other side of the world. Ukraine is right next to Russia, and the entire purpose of the invasion is to (badly) build a new nation. In this case, Russia has all the time in the world and willingness to stay there forever.

The Economic Sanctions WILL cripple Russia. But it has to be constant and aimed at both Low-Class Russians and the Russian Oligarchs for it to absolutely destroy the country financially, and hopefully lead to one deposed Putin.

This is all according to the American Intelligence Community. Just hoping for Russian overreach and another Afghanistan is not enough for the invasion to fail. Russia could spend a century occupying Ukraine because that's what they want.

Or at the very least, that's what Putin wants. The Russians are not so sure, and that's the biggest failing in Putin's plan. That's the Free World's biggest chance here: make the Russian's biggest fears, about Putin's temper tantrum, a reality. Make them regret it.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
UK sanctions are going to look like a joke. I'm not confident they have good stuff in bag to go later.

Status
Not open for further replies.