• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
MOSCOW -- President Vladimir Putin says that Russia has developed unique offense weapons without the intention of starting a war with anyone but to maintain "strategic balance" and "strategic stability" in the world.

"We are not going to fight against anyone. We are going to create conditions so that nobody wants to fight against us," Putin said in an interview with the state-run Tass news agency, a part of which was released Monday.

Russia has created "offensive strike systems the world has never seen," and which are forcing the U.S. to try to catch up, Putin told Tass.

As an example, the president mentioned new "hypersonic offensive systems" — a weapon that can fly 27 times the speed of sound that became operational late last year. He said that in the past 20 years the share of modern equipment in the Russian military has grown from 6% to 70%.

"It is essential not only for us, but also for global security," Putin concluded.

abcnews.go.com

Putin boasts about new Russian weapons, calls them defensive

President Vladimir Putin says Russia has developed unique offense weapons without the intention of starting a war with anyone but to maintain “strategic balance” and “strategic stability” in the world

Thanks, Putin (?).

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
two off-topic threads in a row that land on the games side. guys, just take a second to look at where you're posting.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
latest

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I mean, in fairness, Russians do have some cool weapons

AK-12 and ASh-12.7 comes to mind.

No, I'm not a gun nut, I have no idea what you're talking about

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I kinda dislike how Russia is the default villain in all these Call of Duty games. Where's the creativity?

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
"We are not going to fight against anyone. We are going to create conditions so that nobody wants to fight against us," Putin said in an interview with the state-run Tass news agency, a part of which was released Monday.

Good luck with that, the USA doesn't take such things into account and everybody else already doesn't wanna fight you

Villa

Oct 28, 2017
I always love clicking into these off-topic threads to see the Gaming side jokes. Worth it.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
They're not the only country with hypersonic weapons are they? I seem to remember US and China developing them too.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Popping into these threads accidentally posted in gaming and seeing all the awful gaming jokes for the first 30 posts really makes me hate Era. Lol.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Meh iirc the T-14 Armata has issues moving during the initial showcase in 2015 or something.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Boasting how your armies new shiny weapons are defensive, is like American gun nuts, with semi automatic rifles and more, pretending they need their guns for self defence.